THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2020/21

Len Cnut

2 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

It was worth the snooze fest for this shoot-out :wow:

Yeah, Jesus. Penalties are only fun when I have no real stake in the game though :lol: If Belgium gets this, I might get a heart attack.

1 hour ago, AtariLegend said:

If Croatia go out and England beat Columbia, England will be favorites to reach the world cup final from that side of the draw.

Bizzare.

Hopefully James is fit enough for Tuesday, to send them home.

Essentially, with the defeat of Spain, the second route (Russia, Croatia, Swedes or Swiss, Colombia or England) is shockingly easy for whoever grabs it. None of those teams will get an easier chance at playing in a World Cup Final.

And if Brazil go out then there will be only one genuine ''biggie'' left, the French.

It will become the competition of ''middling'' teams, of underachievers and/or historic winners (as with the Uruguayans and English). 

They should immediately go to penalties after 90 minutes, this extra time doesn't improve the quality of the match and with those temperatures it's not helping either team.

Also, why do those supporters in the stadium start acting like retards when they see themselves on the big screen? Highly annoying.

30 minutes ago, BrayWyatt said:

2nd half was boring as ****. Croatia were rotten

Awful game by Croatia - no Modric no party... Denmark was better, but more nerves by Croatian players decided the winner...

You could just see that Modric was going to miss that in OT. He looked like he just did a poo in his pants. I'm so glad he somehow scored that one in the shootout, he'd probably end his career if he didn't :D

@-Jaro- are poeple already making predictons about final opponent there? :P

23 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

You could just see that Modric was going to miss that in OT. He looked like he just did a poo in his pants. I'm so glad he somehow scored that one in the shootout, he'd probably end his career if he didn't :D

Since 1st game there is a story that we have a team that can go till the end, but we are also aware that they could lose against anybody in the world. 

Coach and players are full of experience and unlike any prior or current Balkan team didn't get themselves over the head after Argentina win. And 1st time since 1998 they play "smart" football.

And if you look our part of draw - it's much easier than the other and with Spain out,  there is no big names till final... 

Russia next - I guess Modric will need a rest since he played all 4 games and looked very tired last night... 

And since Kalinic (striker) did Axl move and refused to go on the pich against Nigeria - Croatia is only 22 members team on tournament and lacks attacking options...

We need Brasil and France out so can get new (or really unexpected champion)...

Edited by -Jaro-

8 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

For the many England lovers here, there is never a wrong time to hear the Barnes rap,

I wonder what it would’ve sounded like with Ian Curtis on the firm :lol:  Why are these England songs so incredibly shite always?

You’d think they could do better with Shaun Ryder and Joe Strummer on board but apparently not.

10 hours ago, EvanG said:

Also, why do those supporters in the stadium start acting like retards when they see themselves on the big screen? Highly annoying.

Well most of em have turned up with wigs and face paint on anyway so, y'know, in for a penny in for a pound :lol:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nicklord said:

You’ve got to wait for the goalie to dive before you roll it in. Otherwise smash as hard as you can one side. 

England’s path to the final is

Columbia

Sweden

Russia 

then lose 8-0 to Brazil in the final. 

Edited by wasted

46 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I wonder what it would’ve sounded like with Ian Curtis on the firm :lol:  Why are these England songs so incredibly shite always?

You’d think they could do better with Shaun Ryder and Joe Strummer on board but apparently not.

This is the best song ever

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pf6JiRKKeqI

This one always reminds me of being gutted in 96

Edited by wasted
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, wasted said:

This is the best song ever

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pf6JiRKKeqI

This one always reminds me of being gutted in 96

The Frank Skinner and Baddiel one resonated with people because its about fuckin' disappointment basically, thats the only reason it kind of like lasted.  Vindaloo is alright, there's an ugly barking un-musical quality to it that i find appealling on some vague level.