THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2020/21

Len Cnut

4 minutes ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

Kinda feels weird if its the last. End of an era if its the last for Messi/CR7. 

It is mostly his decision now... They are saying he is quitting but he already quit before and then came back :shrugs:

A new generation is needed though. Many of the current team will not continue. 

Sampaoli leech is saying he doesn't want to leave :facepalm:

6 minutes ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

Kinda feels weird if its the last. End of an era if its the last for Messi/CR7. 

That said, the next 2 games will probably not deliver compared to earlier.

Commercial it won’t be allowed to happen. They’ll be in the squad for shirt and ticket sales. 

If you look at how C. Ronaldo plays he creates play (pulling back to an attacking midfield position, taking the ball and instigating passes) before moving into the box for the end ball. He is always alert, either pulling back and passing or pushing forward to receive the end product. He is rather two players for the price of one - three in fact as he occasionally goes to the wing. Nobody is going to convince me otherwise than that Messi simply ''couldn't be arsed''; he basically spends endless periods walking - yes, walking - around in the midfield area. 

9 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

You don't think I'm going to watch that shit, do you?

Don't remember that game?

Just one thing on Ronaldo vs. Messi. Messi was the better player for 5 years ago when they were both in their prime, but he's not the better player now. Ronaldo for all his criticisms actually managed to win a major tournament with his rubbish team mates at international level. Also showed that he could do it in different leagues.

I wouldn't be shocked if in 2 years Ronaldo is still one of the top scores in the champions league playing for Madrid or a different team in his mid 30's and Messi's retired.

Edited by AtariLegend

11 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Nobody is going to convince me otherwise than that Messi simply ''couldn't be arsed''; he basically spends endless periods walking - yes, walking - around in the midfield area. 

I saw him walking today and I said to myself "oh no, he's walking again :sleeper:"

It's like an OCD kind of thing he does when he gets nervous or something. Also, he was not playing in his usual position, so I think it is Sampaoli's fault as well. He's incompetent.

9 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Some shit friendly, Sven's England v Northern Ireland. Hardly an attractive fixture, is it?

Why? Did we lose? 

World Cup Qualifier. Beckham played as a defensive midfielder and Rooney (before he declined) as a left winger.

Peak golden generation.

Edited by AtariLegend

4 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

...And yours sounds like auto tune on a windows 98 Computer gone wrong. Hence why Scotland suck at football.

But we're not shite at rugby, and we sing it there too... I actually think it sounds better not on the bagpipes. I asked Ron to play it when GN'R played Glasgow in 2012 and it was amazing with the guitar and the whole crowd singing.

8 hours ago, Graeme said:

Rude.

I was surprised to see an absence of (justifiable) sporting gloating from you, for firstly the Six Nations victory and recently the One-Dayer - both v England. But you've reconfigured yourself as a Mexican so...

14 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

World Cup Qualifier. Beckham played as a defensive midfielder and Rooney (before he declined) as a left winger.

Peak golden generation.

I mentioned that recently and I honestly thought I was dreaming or getting mixed up - some vague memory of the past that I have tried to obliterate - that is how bad it was, the ''square plugs round holes with a few triangles shoved in for good measure'' of the wee wee generation.

Chap making the point that this will be the last summer of world football for a very long time as Qatar is some shambles in November. I don't consider football a ''summer sport'' (that is the time for cricket and tennis) but I see his point pertaining to this glorious entertainment.

Enjoy it while you can. 

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Chap making the point that this will be the last summer of world football for a very long time as Qatar is some shambles in November. I don't consider football a ''summer sport'' (that is the time for cricket and tennis) but I see his point pertaining to this glorious entertainment.

Enjoy it while you can. 

At least there's the European Championship either side of it.

• Like 1

Spain has clearly been the stronger team.  Seems like 90% of the time they are playing on Russia's side....and every once in a while, Russia gets a break, takes it shortly past midfield...only to have Spain quickly take it back.

Russia's only chance is if they either get a very lucky break away or it goes to free kicks, imo 

Edited by Kasanova King