THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2020/21

Len Cnut

1 minute ago, Padme said:

So the final match is gonna be Japan against Russia or some other weird ass pair of teams? :question:  I want the old fashion WC back

Weren't Japan one of the teams you thought didn't deserve to be here?

Anyway Japan is an underdog I can get behind. At least they're not playing 10 at the back.

5 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

Weren't Japan one of the teams you thought didn't deserve to be here?

Anyway Japan is an underdog I can get behind. At least they're not playing 10 at the back.

O f course they didn't!!! Because in the previous match they didn't play. It makes it even worst what they did. Now they are showing they are capable to play and win. They wanted to rest starters in their previous match? Fine, but still they should've played instead of fooling around.

Underdog or not. Do the right thing and play

On 29/6/2018 at 9:13 AM, Nosaj Thing said:

Suarez is a piece of shit, but the team deserves to win this WC.  Can't deny that.

Suarez's got bad press, that's all. Speaking football, he is one of the best paid players in the world.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Can someone recap the current fixture for me? :sleeper:

I lost track of this bollocks WC since two days ago :smiley-confused2:

Uruguay won against Portugal. France won against Argentina. Belgium won against Japan, Croatia won against Denmark. Russia won against Spain. Brazil won against Mexico. All the teams that lost are gone.

Uruguay plays against France. Croatia plays against Russia. Brazil plays against Belgium.

England plays tomorrow against Colombia and Sweeden plays against Switzerland.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, uruguns said:

Suarez's got bad press, that's all. Speaking football, he is one of the best paid players in the world.

Although the 'bad press' bit is bullshit -- that's sort of what I meant.  He's one of the best football players in recent history, no doubt, but his antics are a shame for the sport.

2 hours ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

Oh Honda. Why didn't you play a short corner?

The entire world is wondering the same thing.  It didn't matter, though, because the Japs were already exhausted.  They weren't able to hold the 2 - 0 score in the second half. The extra time would have killed them and Belgium would have scored anyway.

They had to hold the score by changing their defense line but they thought they could score one more goal.  Well, they let Belgium score 3.