THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2020/21

Len Cnut

I'm not someone who who would normally bet, but I was reading odds from a site with Brighton as the favorites for this game yesterday.

Am I missing something or did people actually expect Brighton to win this? 

Either-way I'm enjoying this.

Edited by AtariLegend

Seems like Pogba isn’t a number 10. He has got pace to get beyond Lukaku or vision like Mata. Mata on wing is wrong. 

Also isn’t Jones and Smalling better centre backs. 

And why wont anyone play Rashford? 

Also Fellaini at least puts some elbows in.

DeGea; Darmian, Jones, Smalling, Shaw; Lingard, Fellaini, Pogba, Young; Lukaku, Rashford

it’s not rocket surgery is it?

What a great day of football yesterday, went and watched my team smash Huddersfield for 6. Only Huddersfield but you got to beat what's in front of you as they say. We have started this season better than last which is ominous for the rest of the league. Then the rags went and lost :lol:

8 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Rash ford and Lingard should have started .

Darmian should be allowed no where fucking near the squad 

Valencia will be back though. I guess move Jones out there and Bailly in. 

But Pog is best in mid with either Rash or Mata or Martial with Lukaku. 

I just think Mourinho defensive style is not what prem is about anymore. Pogba is like his Lampard, Luk like Drog, but then are Martial and Lingard as fast and hard working as Duff and Cole were. 

9 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Rash ford and Lingard should have started .

Darmian should be allowed no where fucking near the squad 

The more I think the more problems I see. 

Firstly Mourniho is not a Utd manager. So at home he can’t play like he wants, which might be a good thing. But away he really could have played his way on the break with Rashford, Martial, Lingard and Sanchez. Back 4 could be Jones, Bailly, Smalling, Lindelhof. No need for attacking full backs. 2 mids. 4 strikers on the break Martial, Sanchez, Lukaku, Rashford. 

At home Mata could be Scholes in and round box. Shaw is the Neville of the Left. Camp in their box. Corner. Corner. Corner. 

But I don’t think they have any natural wingers? Mata, Lingard are more no 10s. Sanchez, Martial, Lukaku, Rasford are strikers. 

If Shaw is going down left, he needs someone like Beckham to play with. To pick it up and play him through or cross. On the right they need tricky pace, there must be kid on their books like that. Or at least Duff type winger with engine. 

Edited by wasted

2 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Varane,Isigne,Peresic would be my ideal 3 players in

Zero chance on Varane and Peres would cost a fortune despite being 30 if the move were to happen. 

You should have bid for Ronaldo against Juventus. He hasn't faded that much.

Fortunately you didn't.

Edited by AtariLegend

18 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

120 Million for a 33 year old ... nah i'm alright Ta

I thought it was 88.3 million sterling for a 33 year old that'd probably do more than those other's combined. Probably the top scorer in Europe last year if he wasn't suspended for the first several games. Had a strong world cup, made Juve 60 million in shirt sales within 24 hours anyway.

Tbh I'd taken him, ego and all just for a season or 2, but he wouldn't play for us.

7 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

There is a reason he chose Seria A mate slow paced he want s to play in a league where he can still bang in 30 - 50 a season he wouldn't even be able to do that at Citeh

How was his last season at Real, was he off his paces then?