10/12/17 - Newark, NJ - Prudential Center

gunsguy

45 minutes ago, Drakestar said:

Alot of people already saw this show last summer and paid a bunch. I dropped well over a grand last July, and now they are returning to the same city with no new material. That can be alot of cash to put out. $250 a ticket is steep. That being said, I may end up going again haha...I'm such a sucker for these guys LOL

Haha me too!

6 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

How was the TWAT?

Even on the low quality stream the band sound really fucking great. To me it's the first time it's starting to feel whole whereas before it always kinda felt they were trying to just hold it together. And I mean every version from Hammerstein to NITL. Axl not bad at all on the verses, especially when he drops to lower register. But exactly the same as last time, he doesn't go for the high line pre-solo and then adds an extra line when Slash has already STARTED the solo so the whole band have to pull back and go in again. He's been doing that shit since Madrid 2006 and I just don't get it. This is the guy who taught AC/DC how to play their own songs properly and stops Nightrain if they forget to play the intro line twice etc. Then he just pisses over one of the vocal highlights of the album. Then he comes in early on the outro over one of the best parts of the solo so you can't hear that. To those there live that don't know what it's supposed to sound like it must just sounds so crap when he's just repeating "I would do anything...." over and over in that weak mid-range. It's supposed to be an anguished howl into the void. Yaknow, the kinda screams he does on a load of other songs in the set. Ah, well. I'm just resigned at this point to never hearing a great live Twat vocal. Hammerstein would have been the one had he not flaked on the screams pre-solo.

I'm just assuming at this point that Slash must like and respect Robin and Bucket's solos on Twat because he sticks so close and seems to be into them as opposed to TIL which he probably doesn't enjoy as a song and clearly thought nothing of the solo aha.

Madagascar and Twat in the same set. I'm so fucking happy right now :D

• Like 2

Man, I wish Slash would just write his own epic TIL solo and stick to it. That was a solid TIL for a clean vocal then the solo is just meh.

At the end of Coma it looks like Duff gives someone the middle finger for a good while but it's to blurry to make out. 

Edit: dude above me loved the TIL solo. Maybe it's just me then. 

Edited by Jordan Rose

2 hours ago, TiedHands said:

I am so ultimately disappointed every time I hear Slash on a CD track. I thought for sure he would be able to put his own touch on each song but every single one is senseless noodling. I don't get it. 

Really? I totally agree on TIL but Twat he's about 90% note for note on both and with Better and Sorry he really sticks to the feel of the original. I honestly just think he doesn't like TIL at all going back to the 1993 demo and 'no more Seymour ballads.'

8 hours ago, Mooch14 said:

Had an amazing time. I like the little things you notice from the pit like how much Axl kept cracking jokes to the other band members. 

IMG_4148.JPG.f527bfc25264295e2f9574e6bf74086a.JPGIMG_4142.thumb.JPG.83d0bdd2ddc23d1ba518097bf781267f.JPGIMG_4133.JPG.2c1afeb4f69d94b6607fce1378e1a8f3.JPGIMG_4138.JPG.d76e96744fab91f751fe38f559a61c7b.JPG

Happy for you enjoyed@Mooch14!✌

8 hours ago, Mooch14 said:

Had an amazing time. I like the little things you notice from the pit like how much Axl kept cracking jokes to the other band members. 

IMG_4148.JPG.f527bfc25264295e2f9574e6bf74086a.JPGIMG_4142.thumb.JPG.83d0bdd2ddc23d1ba518097bf781267f.JPGIMG_4133.JPG.2c1afeb4f69d94b6607fce1378e1a8f3.JPGIMG_4138.JPG.d76e96744fab91f751fe38f559a61c7b.JPG

Happy for you enjoyed@Mooch14!✌