10/12/17 - Newark, NJ - Prudential Center

gunsguy

3 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I really like Slash’s take on Better, it’s an original and consistent solo that I think is better than Finck’s. However I don’t like or am mixed on Slash’s other CD solos. His TWAT solo is pretty good but Buckethead blows him out of the water.

I hadn't listened to enough Betters to notice but that's cool. Lends more credence to my theory that he just doesn't like TIL enough to even bother writing his own solo for it. 

Gonna play devil's advocate and say that Bucket would play his Twat solo note for note much like BBF did. That's not Slash's style and never has been and he'd see that as a negative and robotic to just replicate a studio recording exactly night after night. He could play it note for note if he wanted to and practiced but that's not his intention. The fact that he's playing it that closely at all blows my mind. 

23 minutes ago, Jordan Rose said:

Well the very first time they played TIL last year Slash made a point of walking right up to Axl's throne and playing directly just to him with a shitload of feeling. Axl nodded his approval and closed his eyes towards the end. Awesome moment. So that was very much Slash's way of saying sorry for some of that stuff, IMO. 

I haven't watched enough videos to form a strong opinion on whether Slash connects with the CD stuff at all and I haven't been up close in the pit. I do really feel he appreciates Twat and likes the solos otherwise why would he stick so close to them both? I did notice him really jumping and getting into Madagascar the other night, despite not having much to do. 

I was at that show and TiL blew me away. Same with Detroit and a more shreddier (but still awesome) version at Chicago 2. Those 2016 TiL solos were tremendous at times.

None of the ones (not that Ive watched many) Ive seen from 2017 have compared 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Jordan Rose said:

Well the very first time they played TIL last year Slash made a point of walking right up to Axl's throne and playing directly just to him with a shitload of feeling. Axl nodded his approval and closed his eyes towards the end. Awesome moment. So that was very much Slash's way of saying sorry for some of that stuff, IMO. 

I haven't watched enough videos to form a strong opinion on whether Slash connects with the CD stuff at all and I haven't been up close in the pit. I do really feel he appreciates Twat and likes the solos otherwise why would he stick so close to them both? I did notice him really jumping and getting into Madagascar the other night, despite not having much to do. 

Ah yes, I forgot about that.  Brilliant moment, would have been incredible to see it live.  I still haven't seen TWAT from last night, it's proving hard to find.   

Dang, even that fan filmed PC footy from page 5 was pretty darn good compared with the "Pro-Shot" Brownstone...

Axl looks as though his lean regime has stalled somehwat... :-/

Saw them back to back in London earlier this year and would still buy Golden Circle in a heartbeat though! ;-D

Slash steals the show as usual!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mooch14 said:

Awesome!  Thanks. Gibbo, any chance your going to do one of your famous mixes of this audio with some of Markits great (almost proshot like) videos from this gig?

He doesnt want share any of his masters now unfortunately

• Sad 4

13 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I really like Slash’s take on Better, it’s an original and consistent solo that I think is better than Finck’s. However I don’t like or am mixed on Slash’s other CD solos. His TWAT solo is pretty good but Buckethead blows him out of the water.

How can Slash's solo be better than Finck's when it's literally random shredding and noodling each time? He's never played the same thing twice. The only thing he ever plays each time is that little line of cascading notes that's about 8 notes long, the rest is random. That's a pretty ridiculous statement, as Finck's solo is beauty poetry. It speaks just like another verse of the song would. It's gorgeous. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TiedHands said:

How can Slash's solo be better than Finck's when it's literally random shredding and noodling each time? He's never played the same thing twice. The only thing he ever plays each time is that little line of cascading notes that's about 8 notes long, the rest is random. That's a pretty ridiculous statement, as Finck's solo is beauty poetry. It speaks just like another verse of the song would. It's gorgeous. 

For the Better solo? He’s played it pretty consistently every night...if your thinking of his This I Love solos your 100% spot on- Finck’s is beautiful and Slash’s is an utter mosh of notes. 

• Like 1

Thanks @vloors  for posting the TWAT vid.  

I'm not going to comment on Axl's vocals.  

I guess I'm going to be the odd one out on this song, as I'm just not warming to Slash playing it. I admit the solo is my cherished favourite from CD so maybe I'm just nit-picky.  To my ears, his guitar tone doesn't sound right.  Is it possible for a guitar to sound depressed and/or fed up? lol