Your favourite Gunners albums from 1993

Your favourite Gunners album from 1993   

80 members have voted

1. 1. Your favourite Gunners album from 1993

• Guns N' Roses - "The Spaghetii Incident?"
    • Jonas Hellborg, Buckethead & Michael Shrieve - Octave of the Holy Innocents
    • Bash & Pop - Friday Night Is Killing Me
    • Izzy Stradlin and the Ju Ju Hounds - Live
    • Duff McKagan - Believe in Me

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/31/2017 at 10:59 PM

1. Beautiful Disease, that's for sure. altough Believe in Me is also a hugely great record... those two would share the first place, with BD slightly winning for me

2. Abnormal, also quite a firm one

3. Contraband

4. Ain't Life Grand, probably

5. really hard to say any other options, there are some really good ones but I can't tell if they fit in any kind of poll...

Edited by zombux

44 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It is a five option poll. All other options are certainly better, and I've never even heard two of them but I can safely say that with a degree of certainty, such is the horrendous nature of TSI.

Enjoy

3 hours ago, ludurigan said:

hahahaha, i never heard a great stones version for this song. do you know any? the ones that i listened to (studio and live) are a bit pale in comparison to this ju ju hounds llive version!

Of course it's just a matter of taste but the studio recording of this song is one of my all time favorite Stones songs. 

I agree it's a great cover but you can't just outdo the Stones.

3 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Metamorphosis. Even Izzy would say his version is nowhere near the Stones version! It is a Let it Bleed outtake for crying out loud, with some of Taylor's greatest ever lead lines.

Yeah Izzy would never ever say that he plays any song better than the Stones, right? Another problem I have with Stones from that era is that I just dont like Taylor's style of playing guitar at all, i find him kinda boring if you ask me. I know its a somewhat bizarre opinion amogst Stones fans and I have quite a few friends that actually make fun of me because of that hahahaha

30 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

Yeah Izzy would never ever say that he plays any song better than the Stones, right? Another problem I have with Stones from that era is that I just dont like Taylor's style of playing guitar at all, i find him kinda boring if you ask me. I know its a somewhat bizarre opinion amogst Stones fans and I have quite a few friends that actually make fun of me because of that hahahaha

Well Taylor is in my top five guitarists so I cannot but completely disagree. I disagree about Jumpin' Jack Flash also.

4 hours ago, ludurigan said:

i think they did here, by miles

No, not here, not on Wild Horses and not on Sympathy For The Devil.

GNR were always best on their own songs. They (ok, not they...just Axl) fucked up the studio version of KOHD, and LALD was never a song I really liked.

1 hour ago, Free Bird said:

GNR were always best on their own songs. They (ok, not they...just Axl) fucked up the studio version of KOHD, and LALD was never a song I really liked.

I wish they believed that!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Free Bird said:

yeah, i suppose no one cann outdo the stones on wild horses, but i guess izzy, axl, slash, steven and duff could if they tried!

1 hour ago, default_ said:

I think it is so bashed because it was the last album they released and a cover album is def not a good way to say farewel.

I think it's a bit worthy to say that it wasn't intended to be the last record of Classic Guns. Otherwise, your right.

Edited by Sosso

I've only listened to TSI and Duff's album, the first one is shit except for the Duff songs, and everything about Duff's album screams shit, but I do like several tunes on that one, although his voice is shit. Did I mention that TSI is shit? It is. It's shit.