VIA Blabbermouth- MYLES KENNEDY Says There Are No Concrete Plans To Work On New SLASH Solo Album

3 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

That’s pretty cool. When I met Duff you had to pay for a meet and greet. It was after a loaded gig back in 2012

How would anyone know that they don’t hang out?

In terms of duff charging that wouldn'rt surprise me. Make no mistaker $$$$$ is important especially if he has to pay for his wifes handbags.

12 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Well I for one am looking forward to this Conspirators thing. 

Iam as well. I like the music and is close to guns as we can possibly get and he plays theatres and smaller venues so fans at least can get close. I certainly believe if slash walked tomorrow away from guns axl would hire one of the other nugnr players like ashba in a heartbeat. Irrespective of whether the fans know what without slash he would be ridiculed.

Slash and the band will probably go into the studio as stated and Slash will send Myles the music to write lyrics and melodies to.  I am pretty sure that was how they did a lot of WOF while Myles was on tour with Alter Bridge. I mean how long and big is a Myles Kennedy solo your really going to be anyway?

on another note, I forgot how much I liked this song.

• GNFNR 1

WOF was disappointing. Not  one song stood out to me. Just a bunch of ok songs I probably will never spin again. The way I still spin both Snakepits, both VR, Slash & AP.

Apocalyptic Love on the other hand has a few gems like Anastasia, Not For Me, Far & Away, Bad Rain, You're a lie, Halo & We Will Roam, Standing in the Sun

Edited by Top-Hatted One

3 hours ago, GoForJMark said:

Just like what Robert Plant and Jimmy Page did.

Yea probably as a way to make music together again without tarnishing the legacy of John Bonham & Led Zeppelin.

Stand up guys who are full of integrity. Something some bands will never understand.

Edited by Top-Hatted One
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Slash and the band will probably go into the studio as stated and Slash will send Myles the music to write lyrics and melodies to.  I am pretty sure that was how they did a lot of WOF while Myles was on tour with Alter Bridge. I mean how long and big is a Myles Kennedy solo your really going to be anyway?

on another note, I forgot how much I liked this song.

Watching this reminds me of how frail/lifeless Slash's tone was at the start of the NITL tour. Thankfully him and Adam Day worked that out!

Axl has made it all too complicated for a new GNR record to ever be a realistic proposition. I think hell would freeze over before he would hear a cool sounding Slash riff and sing a melody on top of it. He has to co-write with songwriting luminaries such as Paul Tobias and Dizzy Reed before he feels comfortable with recording any new material. There is also the problem of no Chris Pitman, who, as we all know, is the real reason why the GNR catalogue has stood the test of time the way it has. Pesky hangers-on like Slash and Izzy are just trying to further their personal agendas by attaching their names to Guns N Roses. They are the not the names who created If The World and Scraped, and are unimportant, creatively speaking, when it comes to Axl moving forward with Guns.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, scooby845 said:

You're all missing a point...

- Going back to SMKC doesn't mean touring - just releasing a record.

That's how it's gonna be. Slash won't play his solo material to a few hundreds of people... That makes no sense. He's got GNR to support him financially.

He plays for a couple thousand most nights but it isn't about the size of the stadiums for him.. He just plays.. It is what he does. If he releases music with SMKC, there will be shows.  Maybe a short your but he will support the album.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Towelie said:

Axl has made it all too complicated for a new GNR record to ever be a realistic proposition. I think hell would freeze over before he would hear a cool sounding Slash riff and sing a melody on top of it. He has to co-write with songwriting luminaries such as Paul Tobias and Dizzy Reed before he feels comfortable with recording any new material. There is also the problem of no Chris Pitman, who, as we all know, is the real reason why the GNR catalogue has stood the test of time the way it has. Pesky hangers-on like Slash and Izzy are just trying to further their personal agendas by attaching their names to Guns N Roses. They are the not the names who created If The World and Scraped, and are unimportant, creatively speaking, when it comes to Axl moving forward with Guns.

What about Richard discussing how the proposed record from 2014 had riifs dating back to Slash on it? That's one way of hearing Slash riffs on a new guns record.

I also don't think it's that crazy to see Slash and Duff writing with the current band. I see no reason why it couldn't happen. 

From my viewpoint, it looks like Axl has intentions of giving up on his cd material, explaining the amount of music played on the NITL tour, so  could easily see them putting out some of those tracks with Slash and editing them the way they did on the older cd songs.

20 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

No, you are missing the point. Your speculation goes completely against Slash's mindset.

"I love everything that is the live show. I like seeing the material realized. (Being in the studio) is really a means to an end, which is getting out there and playing a concert."

If there is a new SMKC album, Slash will play as many shows as his (and Myles') schedule allows him to. The one thing you got right is that he has GNR to support him financially, that means he can then go out with his band to have fun playing his songs in smaller venues which he enjoys more than stadiums anyway (except for the money he makes, of course).

Yes, exactly @BorderlineCrazy!!! 

I for one would love to see Slash with MKC again. Although still hoping for more Guns in the future like everyone else here. Sigh.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

21 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

No, you are missing the point. Your speculation goes completely against Slash's mindset.

"I love everything that is the live show. I like seeing the material realized. (Being in the studio) is really a means to an end, which is getting out there and playing a concert."

If there is a new SMKC album, Slash will play as many shows as his (and Myles') schedule allows him to. The one thing you got right is that he has GNR to support him financially, that means he can then go out with his band to have fun playing his songs in smaller venues which he enjoys more than stadiums anyway (except for the money he makes, of course).

i dont ever seem to remember slash saying he prefers smaller venues. seems like fans like to beleive their favorite artist is a certain way when they arent. although i could be wrong and i missed where he ever said that. seems like if he prefers live shows over hitting the studio as per the quote above then hes right where he wants to be with gnr cuz thats all they ever fuckin do, is play live

17 minutes ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

i dont ever seem to remember slash saying he prefers smaller venues. seems like fans like to beleive their favorite artist is a certain way when they arent. although i could be wrong and i missed where he ever said that. seems like if he prefers live shows over hitting the studio as per the quote above then hes right where he wants to be with gnr cuz thats all they ever fuckin do, is play live

Slash, did say he prefers to play smaller venues, in interviews for the first snakepit album and in interviews for the solo album when he first goes on tour with Myles. He likes it, because he has more interaction with the crowd. Also the smaller veneus have better acoustic, for the sound of the band.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

I wouldn't like to believe anything in particular, it makes no difference to me what kind of venues he prefers, I'll go see him at a small theather or a stadium all the same. I'm talking about what HE said, he talked about how he prefers smaller, more "intimate" venues because there's a different connection with the crowd.

Here I found a quote regarding his preference: "As a touring entity, there's only a couple of bands that I would actually open for," he says. "Because at the level that we're at, I don't mind if we're playing [smaller venues]. Because my favorite places to play are theaters. We're at that level, so I'm cool."

Edited by BorderlineCrazy
  • Like 1