VIA Blabbermouth- MYLES KENNEDY Says There Are No Concrete Plans To Work On New SLASH Solo Album

Does anybody realize that Todd kearns (bass player for the conspirators) is playing with dizzy reeds band hookers and blow right now? I’m wondering who it affects more, guns or slash’s band? Probably slash cause if they were to make a new album, I don’t think they need dizzy reed to write.

God, why the fuck are they clowning around like this all the time?! You got Axl Rose, Slash and Duff at the very least, just write and record some songs and put them out. As Guns N' Roses. They're touring under that name, so stop the pussy shit and release NEW Guns N' Roses music. I feel better now. :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

You guys are forgetting one big thing..we just helped these guys clear $100 million each. They aren’t in a rush to do anything haha

Slash can wait for Steven and Izzy to return while hanging out with the family 

Axl can return to his zoo

and Duff can hang out with his family and be a writer. 

Theyll be back when they need a new car 

The only one preventing them from doing a GNR record is Axl. That should be clear as fuck.

Let's see it from Slash's point of view: You have almost written a complete album before the reunion. During the NILT tour you had enough time to write more music. Considering Slash's work ethic and the time frame passes by, he most likely has enough material for at least another record.

So what do you do now? Give it all to Axl? There's a strong possibility that giving it to Axl is like trashing it. Throwing it into the garbage can. Is Slash willing to surrender Axl his material just that Axl can pick it to peaces? Are Slash's ideas the direction where Axl wants to go? Are they able to write new music together, since their way of working is utter contrasting! 

Is Axl pushing Slash to working on some CD leftovers? Is that what Slash wants to do at all? Contribute some guitar parts to something of Axl's vault. Have they already worked something out or thrown some ideas together? Like: "Hey, that part you played on soundcheck might be a good fit to a song I have, lets try it..."?

Maybe Slash gave Axl the stuff he wrote during this tour and what he considers best or he let Axl choose what he wants to work on.

What are the alternatives? Myles seems to be busy, so the Conspirators are lacking a singer. Is it fair towards Myles after all the time he spend in the band to replace him immediately just because he wants to focus on his solo record after all this years? I mean, he joined 2010. Its almost 8 years... and anyway... who should or could replace him? Who is available? Is it possible to find a singer who likes what you do and who can write vocals for all your songs and record them in about 6 months? Seems unlikely.

What else, just touring GNR and waiting for Myles? 

Or even surrender Axl the SMKCIII material? But what about Brent and Todd?

Much to wierd.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ralphelmo said:

Bullshit, I'd love to hear new SMKC. And I consider myself as a fan. SMKC feels much more real than GNR. You go to a show and they fucking hang out with you after, love them.

Does slash hang out with the fans?

i really can’t see that as he’s way too high profile

7 minutes ago, Ralphelmo said:

Bullshit, I'd love to hear new SMKC. And I consider myself as a fan. SMKC feels much more real than GNR. You go to a show and they fucking hang out with you after, love them.

More importantly, they hang out with each other! I think Slash already spent more time with the Conspirators this week than he spent offstage with all the GNR guys (except for Duff, of course) in two years.

I'm a fan of SMKC as well. I would take GNR over SMKC if we were talking about the original GNR, the greatest band of all time, but without Steven and Izzy? With Frank Ferrer on drums? With two keyboard players? With Axl solo songs in the setlist? Bring back SMKC, please!

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

He actually does. He was outside in Belgrade for at least an hour in 2011

That’s pretty cool. When I met Duff you had to pay for a meet and greet. It was after a loaded gig back in 2012

28 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

More importantly, they hang out with each other! I think Slash already spent more time with the Conspirators this week than he spent offstage with all the GNR guys (except for Duff, of course) in two years.

I'm a fan of SMKC as well. I would take GNR over SMKC if we were talking about the original GNR, the greatest band of all time, but without Steven and Izzy? With Frank Ferrer on drums? With two keyboard players? With Axl solo songs in the setlist? Bring back SMKC, please!

How would anyone know that they don’t hang out?

Myles is not going anywhere..just because Slash doesn't have a singer to sing/tour for SMKC while Guns are on break until June lol? Is that the logic? If they track the music in 4 weeks he still got 2 months left to record vocals. If not then, then after the NITL tour euro dates, if they are the last ones. Take a month to record them then tour. If GNR goes on, no need for SMKC right then anyway. So how is SMKC without a singer? Not to mention he had all these last 2 years to figure out melodies and lyrics to the new music.

Who knows how long he will make the solo album tour? If GNR is done after the europe dates they can start up the SMKC tour and he doesn't tour all of 2018 for his solo album. If NITL extends, he will do more solo shows for his album. There is absolutely 0 reason for Myles to not be the singer..the fuck am I reading.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, jacdaniel said:

Something doesn't add up here. Myles is working on his solo album right now and then Alter Bridge in 2019. But Megan said Slash will be working on SMKC record... 

Doesn't seem like there is any real window to do SMKC any time soon. 

Either Slash is doing Gun's stuff and Megan is throwing everyone off the scent or Slash needs a new singer. 

Or there won't be any Gun's or SMKC new music in the near future

It will be an SMC record, Slash Megan and Conspirators!