Deeper With Slash and Joe Perry (Sixx Sense radio interview)

28 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

*tear rolls down my cheek*

P.S. Nice interview and Nikki comes across as a nice guy. I like interviews like this where it is a relaxed, friendly vibe.

Yeah, I do really like Nikki, although I wish he wouldn't talk over the top of Slash so much. lol

One of the things I took away from the interview was that the NITL tour was not like the old days, but a completely different i.e. positive experience.  I think that's really good to know.  I wonder if when he mentioned feeling 'the magic' in a band, he had the current line-up in mind?  

Also, interesting choice of words when he talks about the guitar tech he once had in 88 who came back to him, 'Once Guns started up again'... ha!  We agree with you Slash! LOL

The other thing I'm pleased about is that Slash and Axl are genuinely friends again; it's not a cash grab act as I'd feared for quite a while.  Watching him, you clearly sense the warmth he has towards Axl.  And he is so obviously happy about the tour - he can't help smiling as he's talking about it.  ^_^

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

20 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Is it odd that Slash is referring to the NITL tour in past tense when there are still dates for this year's European festival circut?

Well, I'm guessing it's because the NITL tour is over.  Whatever dates/tours they do next will have a different name, or no name, because it'll no longer be a 'reunion' tour.  They've reunited now. :lol:

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Well, I'm guessing it's because the NITL tour is over.  Whatever dates/tours they do next will have a different name, or no name, because it'll no longer be a 'reunion' tour.  They've reunited now. :lol:

Tickets for the non-festival dates 2018 still say NITL tour;)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Oldest Goat said:

Nah I don't think there's anything to read into there.

1 hour ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Cheers guys.

21 minutes ago, Blake Sabbath said:

Slash makes a few mentions of going straight back to work and says to Joe Perry he's working on "new material" right now, but it's anyone's guess if that means for SMKC, Guns or just new shit that'll sit in a can 

Do you know the timestamp for that part? Maybe there is some context which might help explain it.

12 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Cheers guys.

Do you know the timestamp for that part? Maybe there is some context which might help explain it.

Joe Perry: So what are you gonna do now man, now that you're off the road?

Slash: I'm just, I'm working on new material and all that goes along with that and navigating the holidays

(59:35)

Allow the speculation, rumour and innuendo to begin!

Edited by Blake Sabbath
  • Like 1

Yeah, they then go directly into discussing Christmas trees. :lol:

No one asks Slash to clarify or explain further, even though Slash was full of questions for Joe about his work. Nikki also asked him what he was going to do with himself during downtime in the other interview and again, Slash said 'going straight to work', and again, he wasn't asked to clarify what that entailed.  Both Joe and Nikki seemed to know not to ask any further questions.

He's definitely keeping something to himself and I can only conclude it's Guns related because otherwise why not say?  And why wouldn't Joe or Nikki just ask what he means, like in any normal conversation/interivew?  

Edited by MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Top-Hatted One said:

Of course it's SMKC material. He's been seen with those guys not duff, Dizzy, Richard or frank. I honestly don't believe he has any desire to jam and write with Richard and drummer like frank 

I hear you about Frank.  Slash has picked out some incredible drummers over the years; Adler, Matt, Titchy, Freese, Fitz...

I do lean towards the belief that he's talking about Guns though. Hopefully when he says "I'm just, I'm working on new material and all that goes along with that..." he means negotiating with Axl about the drum stool. Even if Frank is the name credited I think (read: hope) we'll hear at least some Brain performances.

If it is SMKC he's talking about, if he's being secretive it might be because the Myles situation is a bit up in the air and sensitive?

Edited by soon

I would like to hear what Slash thinks about taking the NITL tour success and if those positive vibes transfer into a music making opportunity for this lineup. In other words would going into the studio be like starting all over and how would I‎t test their relationships that are just recently mended 

29 minutes ago, Top-Hatted One said:

Of course it's SMKC material. He's been seen with those guys not duff, Dizzy, Richard or frank. I honestly don't believe he has any desire to jam and write with Richard and drummer like frank 

He writes stuff for himself and if an opportunity comes along to create music with someone he draws from his library of riffs or whatever. 

He wont be doing too much without Axl. Axl will lose his mind if Slash approaches him with 10-20 finished guitar first songs. Axl has said he feels the best way to write music is melody and lyrics first, but hasn’t had an opportunity to do I‎t in that order since AFD. 

So anything he’s writing that might be gnr related is going to be very primitive and not at all finished at the moment. 

But imagine waiting on Axl to come in with a fresh melody and some lyrics! Lol 

To me it's obvious he was talking about SMKC, no need to scream about it everywhere. 

If it's SMKC he would just say it

If so he would also confirm that GN'R does not give a shit about new music and NITLT it's just a money grab (we all know that). Without confirming it's SMKC material, the majority of people would still hope for new Guns N' Roses album.