Deeper With Slash and Joe Perry (Sixx Sense radio interview)

Guys, let’s not forget that even before of the Argentina/Peru SMKC shows, both Axl and Slash released blurays with GNR songs.

That’s when i started to believe in a reunion. Back in 2014/2015 when Slash signed Appetite for Democracy’s release and Axl signed Slash’s bluray.

And also, when Slash said Aftonbladen (that swedish or whatever TV show) that he was okay with Axl again in mid 2015

Edited by GNRfanMILO
  • Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

22 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Yeah, I remember we were speculating on it in the WT, because they had all jammed together in Argentina (it was Paradise City, I think). The crowd was shouting "Guns N' Roses" and Slash, a little pissed off,  took the mic and said "you've got to get this out of your system". We'd wondered if the phone call had occurred and Slash was acting. A few hours after the show (or the next day) Axl tweeted "Don't cry for me Argentina" and then deleted it  :lol: I turns out that right after that he called Slash. This is all so funny.

This is so so funny! I recall this WT discussion even though I don't remember it I already took part in it or not. Probably was only a reader then. Just wanted to point out who great the WT is, how bulletproof the CSI work is that is going on there. The WT rocks! :headbang::lol:

11 hours ago, Blackstar said:

An interesting bit in the interview is when Slash says that if he had been asked 20 months ago he would have said that the tour would never happen. I think he means that he didn't expect it to go much further than Coachella and developing into a long, successful and drama-free world tour (because, again, it's Axl, and even contracts etc. can't do much). Axl on his part had expressed a similar sentiment in the China Exchange interview, saying that the whole thing might have imploded, but all things were going well so far.

Agreed. The bolded seems true to me too. I think Slash is surprised and happy about the non-drama of the tour, the utter success of it and the length of it. I don't think it is a merely friendship matter between him and Axl. Has been discussed earlier here and on the WT, just wanted to give my 2cents.

2 hours ago, killuridols said:

The other thing that happened was Slash leaving Perla. In 2014 (or was it 2015?) we learned of an Slash/Erin encounter and then Erin posting a picture of Slash and Meegan kissing and hugging. All of this coincides with the theories of Mick Wall last book.

All in all, I like how we didn't miss all these clues and analyzed them to the bone at the WT, even though it wasn't very clear at the time, now it all makes sense.

So I think we're gonna figure out if there will be new music same way :slash:

Get ready Blackstar!!! :dance:

I still don't get the whole Perla thing. Apart from me always finding her really nice on videos and interviews I don't get how one woman can keep Axl and Slash away from each other. IF both of them were ready before, Perla wouldn't have been able to stop them.

What are the theories of Mick Wall's last book?

I also love how You guys never missed any of those clues. I'm cracking up here right now. It all (nearly all) falls into place.

Have you seen the Melissa Reese comment on Beta's instagram. She says she's so super excited for 2018. Why so excited for a couple of shows in Europe? 

Just trying to spark up speculations here :awesomeface:

• Like 1

Apparently, while Slash met Perla during the UYI tour, he only hooked up with her in 1997, after he left Guns. I doubt Perla and Axl ever met, I think the timing was just a coincidence. As others have mentioned, Axl was already being more cordial during 2014, his reference to "all our lineups" at that grotesque awards show for example.

18 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Have you seen the Melissa Reese comment on Beta's instagram. She says she's so super excited for 2018. Why so excited for a couple of shows in Europe? 

Yep and she also wrote something about it on her last Instagram post: THANK YOU to my amazing musical fam (#gnr / #gunsnroses) - Can’t waaaaaaiiiittttt to go even *more* huge with you next year 

20atq2t.jpg

16 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

I still don't get the whole Perla thing. Apart from me always finding her really nice on videos and interviews I don't get how one woman can keep Axl and Slash away from each other. IF both of them were ready before, Perla wouldn't have been able to stop them.

"Coming back together with Meegan unlocked another door for Slash, suggests Niven. ‘So Meegan has a best friend who lives in Atlanta. And that best friend is called Erin Everly.’ Suddenly, ‘Erin and Axl are talking again. That was the seed for getting Axl and Slash back together. It was Erin and Meegan.’ "

http://mickwall.com/2016/12/new-extract-last-of-the-giants-2/

There must be something fishy going on between Perla and Axl..., something we don't know.... remember that she drove Slash to Axl's house in 2005. Do we really believe that she stayed inside the car? :ph34r:

I also remember her making fun of Axl putting on weight after he visited Jimmy Kimmel in 2012 (and I dont think he was fat at all back then).

Perla was Slash manager, I think, so if TB and Axl had to deal with her for Slash contract that would have been really difficult...... Having Perla on the plane and going places, lol, I dont wanna imagine the mess and how she would have clashed with Beta, TB, etc----- They want the wives to be low profile, I guess....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Perla stuff from Axl imo, has to do with the ORIGINAL deal that was struck between Axl,  Slash and Duff back in 92/93. During the Nugnr years, this "deal" was villianized, perhaps rightly so. But that's a different story. From what Axl has stated, the deal was designed to make it impossible for wives and girlfriends to EVER get their hands on the gnr brand. Yes it made them all "employees" but even CEOs are still employees. 

Anyways, it might not be that Axl has anything against Perla personally. He probably didn't like that she was Slash's manager as well as his wife. So he probably felt dealing with Slash also meant dealing with Perla, and that didn't sound like a good situation. Susan isn't Duff's manager and Meagan isn't Slash's manager, it just makes things more ideal imo than dealing with wife managers.

Edited by Iron MikeyJ
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

This is so so funny! I recall this WT discussion even though I don't remember it I already took part in it or not. Probably was only a reader then. Just wanted to point out who great the WT is, how bulletproof the CSI work is that is going on there. The WT rocks! :headbang::lol:

Agreed. The bolded seems true to me too. I think Slash is surprised and happy about the non-drama of the tour, the utter success of it and the length of it. I don't think it is a merely friendship matter between him and Axl. Has been discussed earlier here and on the WT, just wanted to give my 2cents.

I also love how You guys never missed any of those clues. I'm cracking up here right now. It all (nearly all) falls into place.

Lots of excellent super-sleuthing goes on the WT. ;) 

Regarding the reunion, I was always of the opinion that business/money came first, friendship was the bonus, but I don't know...these days (and after the feel-good vibes of the NA leg of the tour and watching both Slash interviews) I'm more inclined to believe both hold equal value to them, really.  It is entirely possible to get your old pals back, enjoy playing together again and make shitloads of money while doing it = everybody wins.  

I wouldn't underestimate the strength of the GNR bond - god knows they haven't treated each other particularly well, even as early on as just after Hell Tour - but I do think they are in a situation where literally no one else understands what they went through except for them.  That's significant.  As you get older, you tend to want things to be easier in life (as Nikki Sixx remarked) and you want to be understood, and that historical bond would have a lot of pulling power, especially after experiencing life with other bands, other difficult singers, difficult guitarists etc...a case of better the devil you know.

I wonder if that's part of what drew Slash to Meegan again later in life.  She was there, albeit briefly, witnessed some of Axl's shenanigans, and with her, there'd be no having to explain it all or try to get her to understand any of it, she just does.  But who knows. 

Didn't know about Melissa's comment! Thanks for that!  The signs are adding up! :D

Edited by MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, killuridols said:

"Coming back together with Meegan unlocked another door for Slash, suggests Niven. ‘So Meegan has a best friend who lives in Atlanta. And that best friend is called Erin Everly.’ Suddenly, ‘Erin and Axl are talking again. That was the seed for getting Axl and Slash back together. It was Erin and Meegan.’ "

http://mickwall.com/2016/12/new-extract-last-of-the-giants-2/

There must be something fishy going on between Perla and Axl..., something we don't know.... remember that she drove Slash to Axl's house in 2005. Do we really believe that she stayed inside the car? :ph34r:

I also remember her making fun of Axl putting on weight after he visited Jimmy Kimmel in 2012 (and I dont think he was fat at all back then).

Perla was Slash manager, I think, so if TB and Axl had to deal with her for Slash contract that would have been really difficult...... Having Perla on the plane and going places, lol, I dont wanna imagine the mess and how she would have clashed with Beta, TB, etc----- They want the wives to be low profile, I guess....

Niven doesn't know shit. He just speculates and regurgitates shit he heard elsewhere. There's no indication Axl and Erin have been in contact.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Good analysis but there's one thing that bugs me about if axl wasnt enjoying nuguns anymore. If he felt that nuguns was no longer an exciting band anymore why didnt he release the songs that could make up cd2 and cd3 and tour both of those. The cd tour toured for way to long and i dont know why he didnt tour cd for 18 month then release cd2 and rinse and repeat. I thought the only time he would ever contemplate bringing slash back was if cd2 and 3  there was no interest level and then he would be forced to play vegas residency then he would have thought fuck it and then contemplated the reunion we saw. Dont get me wrong i have enjoyed the reunion and waited 24 years,  i just felt axl threw the towel in to soon and always wondered why he never fought to release more music before making the phonecall to slash.

I think it's all what @MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle and @soon already said. Disappointment from the reception of CD, loss of key members of the CD project (as much as he may have liked Ashba as a person and a touring member, I strongly doubt that he would value his creative contributions), legal and financial complications, and, if the rumour is true, the rejection of CD2 from the label.

Probably he was motivated again at the time of the release of CD, but that had worn out by 2011.

At some point in the China Exchange interview he said that he would have preferred to do movie soundtracks than stay in GnR, because that would have been easier and more fun for him. I guess his bad reputation in the business wouldn't allow him to do something like that, and in combination with the financial issues he had no choice but continue touring CD over and over. But the endless touring would reach a dead end too, and that even with a new release (it's safe to assume that CD2 wouldn't have done much better commercially that CD1). With the exception of some countries, Axl wasn't such a big attraction anymore and given also his past record and again his bad reputation in the touring industry, promoters wouldn't risk booking him for big gigs and festivals.

6 hours ago, killuridols said:

I remember some of us (at least I was) waiting the whole night and watching the whole Slash gig in Argentina just to see if the rumors were true :facepalm:

The day before Mitch Lafon tweeted some cryptic things and we all put 2 and 2 together. Now I don't know how Mitch Lafon knew this but it seems to me that a lot was cooking in the background and we couldn't see the big picture back then but now it is very clear.

Also, do you remember there were other cryptic messages on the GNR Twitter about media :question: and they posted a video from Argentina show too.... It was all so weird.... Plus the tweet from Axl, I caught it right when it happened, at 6AM my time but when I clicked the link it was already gone! I should have taken screenshot 😤

The other thing that happened was Slash leaving Perla. In 2014 (or was it 2015?) we learned of an Slash/Erin encounter and then Erin posting a picture of Slash and Meegan kissing and hugging. All of this coincides with the theories of Mick Wall last book.

All in all, I like how we didn't miss all these clues and analyzed them to the bone at the WT, even though it wasn't very clear at the time, now it all makes sense.

So I think we're gonna figure out if there will be new music same way :slash:

Get ready Blackstar!!! :dance:

Right, I remember discussing the Mitch Lafon case in the WT as well.

I didn't know about the messages on the GnR twitter; I wasn't following then. But yeah, all this makes sense now.

For sure also the Perla thing had something to do. I'm very skeptical though about the Alan Niven/Mick Wall theory, as none of these two have direct connection with the band. We had reckoned that Niven's source might have been Perla, but that doesn't mean that the theory is true. As for Mick Wall, I consider him totally unreliable.

4 hours ago, Tori72 said:

As someone already mentioned, according to Marc Canter Perla was pushing Slash for a reunion. And like @killuridols said, she actuallly managed Slash's career and she may have taken initiatives and made moves behind the scenes that we don't know about. Maybe also Axl believed that she was behind some stuff Slash was doing, like the legal stuff, the lawsuits etc,

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Top-Hatted One said:

I think After Axl & Duff finally met im that hotel in London and the times they hung out subsequently. One time with Susan invited. I think Axl expressed one of his key issues in reuniting with Slash was Perla forcing herself into the mix in any way. 

Duff relayed Axls feelings to Slash. Suddenly & Miraculously Meegan his girlfriend 25yrs ago entered the picture and Perla got the boot. Thats when they started planning all this guns stuff.

Once as soon as Axl got the word that Perla was completely out of the picture he called Slash.

everyone made out great especially Duff and Susan since Duff was disappearing into irrelevancy after VR

So do you think that's the reason or part of the reason why Slash got the divorce? To get back into Guns? Or did I misunderstand?

Thanks!

After hearing Slash talk about Axl I'm sold 110% all the naysayers around here are going to eat thier words whenever guns release something. It makes so.much sense for them to do that and they know it. 

8 hours ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

The Perla stuff from Axl imo, has to do with the ORIGINAL deal that was struck between Axl,  Slash and Duff back in 92/93. During the Nugnr years, this "deal" was villianized, perhaps rightly so. But that's a different story. From what Axl has stated, the deal was designed to make it impossible for wives and girlfriends to EVER get their hands on the gnr brand. Yes it made them all "employees" but even CEOs are still employees. 

Anyways, it might not be that Axl has anything against Perla personally. He probably didn't like that she was Slash's manager as well as his wife. So he probably felt dealing with Slash also meant dealing with Perla, and that didn't sound like a good situation. Susan isn't Duff's manager and Meagan isn't Slash's manager, it just makes things more ideal imo than dealing with wife managers.

There were multiple stories in the press about how the wives directly impacted the demise of VR. I believe Duff and Scott were both on record of comfirming this as a truth. And , I believed it was strongly implied that Perla was the main antagonist because she believed Slash to be the Star of the VR. So, it’s not beyond reason that Axl was cautious of her having any direct influence, plus Slash said she did drugs with him in his book, so maybe Axl was weary of her being in Slash’s life because I doubt Axl wanted a junkie Slash again. The truth is the NITL tour is the first time in the history of the band that these guys have fully functional human beings. It’s probably a contributing factor in the length of the tour. They are just loving the healthy vibe of it all and they have never experienced that in GNR before.

Edited by The Holographic Universe
  • GNFNR 1

14 hours ago, Tori72 said:

"I still don't get the whole Perla thing. Apart from me always finding her really nice on videos and interviews I don't get how one woman can keep Axl and Slash away from each other", I can. I think she would be to emotionally full on to deal with. She did manage slashs business affairs during VR so im sure she would have been in contact with TB and Axls other business contacts about things GNR related on Slashs behalf. Im sure Axl does have valid reasons why he never liked her from business emails from Perla. I think shes all about status and money which is the reason why she pestered Slash to go to axls house that night to initiate some sort of a reunion.

Edited by Sydney Fan

5 hours ago, kiwiguns said:

Do you people not think that the 2 people involved who are adults by the way could have possibly  reconnected themselves?

If you read what some of you think, based on speculation and what other people claim to know, with all these outside influences and people getting involved these 2 guys would have had no hope in hell of reconnecting personally, playing together or touring together.

Slash makes it clear in the interview that he does not want to discuss or address  his personal relationship with Axl because it's no ones business, its personal and private.

Maybe these guys being older,  wiser and learning from thier past mistakes decided to let sleeping dogs lie.

What broke up axl and slash in the first place.

Lack of communication between them both.

Add to the fact both had other parties and people get involved to muddy the waters for their own self-interests.

You guys read way to much into these things and you just need to look at the body language of both Axl and Slash on stage and off the stage from social media posts.

Both Axl and Slash are comfortable around each other and as individuals seem happy.

That can only be achieved when the two people involved sort there problems out between themselves.

Spot on @kiwiguns👍