Appetite for Distortion - Ep. 48: Alan Niven

4 minutes ago, Gambit83 said:

I do feel that he didn't need to say TB isn't the best management in the same breath as complimenting what they've done for Axl's life. My feeling it's like an ex-athlete critiquing moves made by a current player, not a personal attack. Now his views on Doug Goldstein is another matter.

I got the impression that he's informed about what's been discussed on GnR forums and what people say about TB, and he responded on that, like yeah, they're not the best managers but they've helped Axl.

Just now, Blackstar said:

I got the impression that he's informed about what's been discussed on GnR forums and what people say about TB, and he responded on that, like yeah, they're not the best managers but they've helped Axl.

Alan Niven is not cruising mygnrforum, I can promise you that haha.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Amir said:

Hah, I don't think anybody involved with GNR has anything positive to say about Goldstein these days...

goldstein apparently is the king of enablers, isnt he?

the one who enabled axl to turn himself into what axl turned himself into

when his job should be exactly the contrary!

like doing what is best to GNR instead of helping to get it destroyed?

helping axl realize that he is NOT gnr -- instead of feeding that notion/belief -- would be a fantastic start!

telling axl "hey you wanna do that piano eletronica industrial music thats great why dont you make a solo album or 2 or 3 solo albums with whoever you wanna play with and take that out of your chest and then get back to GNR in a couple of years?" would be a fantastic thing

telling axl, slash and duff that they need izzy to have GNR (just as much as axl and slash are needed to have GNR) would also be terrific

• Like 1

Finally getting through this after a busy week but I gotta chime in on the hockey talk. Fuck the Coyotes, that was my team until 96 haha. Fuck the Golden Knight's, they took Gary Lawless and Shane Hindy from our broadcast team, now they interfered in the Jets getting Brassard by the looks of it. Think they got their first rivalry of in the league haha. I say this all tongue in cheek, nothing wrong with some competition. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Gambit83 said:

Interviewing Steve Gorman (Black Crowes) on Saturday and Rob Gardner (drummer before Adler) on Sunday.

Taking questions...

Could you ask Robbie how it was to work with the band and if he can share some stories about Ole? I would like to know if he was fired or left the band for other reasons.

Edited by Sosso
  • GNFNR 1

51 minutes ago, Gambit83 said:

Interviewing Steve Gorman (Black Crowes) on Saturday and Rob Gardner (drummer before Adler) on Sunday.

Taking questions...

Would it be nasty to ask if he regrets leaving GNR? Yeah... that shouldn't be ask.

Does he think GNR would have been similar successful if he and Tracii never leaved?

Edited by Free Bird

Rob Gardner, that's awesome! 

There's been some discussions about if Ole Beich actually played live with the band or if Duff joined the band prior to their first show on the 26th of March '85 but after the posters/flyers advertising the show were made, does Rob remember anything about this?

If Ole played, how come he only played one show and how did the bands sound change when Duff joined?

When was the last time Rob talked to any of the other band members?

Did he follow the bands carrier after he left?

Does he know if any recording, audio or video wise, exists of him playing with Guns N' Roses? :)

Edited by youngswedishvinyl
  • GNFNR 1

15 hours ago, Gunner55 said:

Finally getting through this after a busy week but I gotta chime in on the hockey talk. Fuck the Coyotes, that was my team until 96 haha. Fuck the Golden Knight's, they took Gary Lawless and Shane Hindy from our broadcast team, now they interfered in the Jets getting Brassard by the looks of it. Think they got their first rivalry of in the league haha. I say this all tongue in cheek, nothing wrong with some competition. 

Thanks for being the only hockey comment! Haha. Here's the Mighty Ducks movie jersey he was talking about. Given to him by actor Scott Whyte. "He's got some nifty GnR memorabilia." 

28168686_10102819514946430_6167509303841385205_n.jpg

28276335_10102819514532260_6999884193804783351_n.jpg

• Like 2