06/18/18 - Paris France - Download Festival

downzy

13 hours ago, donny said:

my comment was "off topic" i fully admit that, but slash playing outside the boarders of GNR album tracks is very broad. i got a little pissed at reading comments on here about him playing to much (inro-outro). thats all. 

I am with you buddy.. Slash is the only reason I am following this band again.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ChrisMaciel said:

Cant really understand the excitement about axls voice. Sounds the same to me...

People have just lowered the bar.. myself included.. Not terrible and somewhat listenable = good..  Pretty good = Awesome.  Good moments = great

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, AFGnR said:

Some improvements in Axl's vocals.

Funny that mistimed ending to Jungle. Axl drags it on forever so Slash just keeps noodling, lol.

I'm not sure it's Axl who drags it. It's Slash (I believe) who normally plays a certain way before Axl kicks in. 

Almost everything that drags during these NITL concerts, outros or in the middle, seems to be a Slash thing. He plays better than ever, but that starting to annoy me.

2 hours ago, It’s So Easy said:

Everytime that mic stand goes flying it makes my day:rofl-lol::wub:

I’m surprised he hasn’t hit anyone yet.

During what song is that? I reacted on that when I watch some of the songs on YouTube. Slash was dangerously close that projectile..:facepalm:

40 minutes ago, Ninjapie24 said:

I don’t get why everyone doesn’t like Slash’s little improvs. I like all the solos he does. It provides something different for the show.

exactly

if you want to listen to the same solo played exactly the same as on the album there are a lot of bands that do that and its as boring as it gets

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ludurigan said:

exactly

if you want to listen to the same solo played exactly the same as on the album there are a lot of bands that do that and its as boring as it gets

I used to not like live, but then I realized that they make the songs even better when they are played live. I like all the solos to see what the band members are thinking of at the time. The more I liked live music, the more I liked improv added to the songs. That’s part of the reason why I love Zeppelin so much, or Queen(they didn’t do much improv but they made the songs so much better live).

• Like 2

I like a lot of the great ''jam'' bands of the late '60s and 70s so Slash's improvisational segments always appealed to me, Crazy Horse, Hendrix, Doors, Cream, etc. Stones when they were at their absolute prime, Mick Taylor era, had their ''loose'' moments also like on ''Midnight Rambler''. All the great live bands from those eras improvised really but it is ultimately a jazz-blues thing.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

And it was glorious! That idiot say "sorry, wrong song"...I think he likes to bother us on purpose...

You can hear him here:

oh i though he sung over the instrumental of "This I Love" but it was before the song

well we will always have Paris THIS