Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

4 minutes ago, username said:

GoodNewsEveryone-625x350.jpg 

Well, ok, not much, but still. I did something that you hip youngsters might find strange. I went to my local record store (Plato in Groningen) which is also a dot on the gnr map. They had the poster:

a48vr3I.jpg 

Please note that the bike with the white tires on the right of the picture is mine. 

When I was there I visited the site while there it said this: 

jMVtwoL.png 

So I did and it asked me to share it on Facebook or Twitter: 

f87Qh8M.jpg 

So I did. 

After that I asked around. They said they were pretty sure it was a re-release, but they didn't know much more than that. Just that they were asked to participate with this. Maybe they just weren't telling, but they seemed genuine. One guy also mentioned that he though you could win something. Not sure if that's true though. 

After that I tried the site again, and it said that there was a picture roughly 13 meters from my position and that I should go and find it. No screenshot. ;) 

Long story short: I gave GnR free advertising. 

Wow, how cool and clever is that!  ✌

• Like 1

$650?? hahahaha I don't think so. U2 released the greatest box ever made for the Achtung Baby anniversary and it costs something like $400. It is an insane box like with a million things. Take a look:

qnu62w.jpg

https://shop.musicvaultz.com/*/*/Achtung-Baby-Uber-Deluxe-Edition-6CD-4DVD-Art-Prints/3M6W0000000

Edited by cpaxlvacy

6 minutes ago, username said:

GoodNewsEveryone-625x350.jpg 

Well, ok, not much, but still. I did something that you hip youngsters might find strange. I went to my local record store (Plato in Groningen) which is also a dot on the gnr map. They had the poster:

a48vr3I.jpg 

Please note that the bike with the white tires on the right of the picture is mine. 

When I visited the site while there it said this: 

jMVtwoL.png 

So I did and it asked me to share it on Facebook or Twitter: 

f87Qh8M.jpg 

So I did. 

After that I asked around. They said they were pretty sure it was a re-release, but they didn't know much more than that. Just that they were asked to participate with this. Maybe they just weren't telling, but they seemed genuine. One guy also mentioned that he though you could win something. Not sure if that's true though. 

After that I tried the site again, and it said that there was a picture roughly 13 meters from my position and that I should go and find it. No screenshot. ;) 

Long story short: I gave GnR free advertising. 

Well done man! Thats what I meant earlier, the whole location stuff has to mean something... What do you mean by 'it said that there was a picture roughly 13 meters from my position' ? Do new dots pop up when other dots are 'cleared' ? 

2 minutes ago, LovelessNL said:

Well done man! Thats what I meant earlier, the whole location stuff has to mean something... What do you mean by 'it said that there was a picture roughly 13 meters from my position' ? Do new dots pop up when other dots are 'cleared' ? 

No, I was standing inside the store and the poster was at the door. So it basically told me you're close to a poster, go look for one.

Edited by username

19 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Dah, they didn’t release the Illusioons for that purpose.  Actually, the complete opposite.  They released it as two separate records so you’d buy two separate records, both at full price instead of buying one double album for less than it would cost to buy two single albums separately.  

Yeah, I'm surprised people still buy that story. They figured out a way to get you to pay full price for 2 albums instead of like 3/4 of that for one and made it seem like they were doing you the favor for doing it. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, nathanhall said:

Well I'm gunna have a guess at something here and it's possible I'm wrong, but that drumming style sounds like Frank on the Shadow of Your Love at gnr.fm 

Not that I want it to be.  Just my observation.

I've never been a fan of him being in GN'R, it just sounds like his playing.

Definately is '86 Axl vocals without a doubt.

Well I've actually convinced myself now.  It definately is Frank playing drums to SOYL.  I'm thinking re-recorded music with Axl's vocals from '86.

...Just a thing I have to say. I've seen Axl with ACDC in 2016 and I was impressed. His voice wasn't mickey voice at all. Sure for me, He was better than with Gnr. So for me He could sing with his actual voice on a song like Shadow. 

I think the idea behind it was actually pretty funny. Some kind of geo-caching game where you'd have to spot a poster, take a pic and upload it to Twitter/Facebook. That way you'd probably be enrolled in some draw for prizes. But they just explained it poorly, so just username is actually doing what they've intended for us. If you look at Twitter there's loads of posts with just 'gnr.fm  #AppetiteForDestruction via @gunsnroses', but without any pic of poster. Some include the skulls, but most of the people just tweet that line.

So idea: 8/10
execution 2/10