Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

3 minutes ago, LovelessNL said:

Nah they cant do that, especially not when they are advertising this with the original 5. That would mean shitting on their own legacy.

It really wouldn't surprise me. Seems like something Axl would do/want to do. 

Just now, LovelessNL said:

Nah they cant do that, especially not when they are advertising this with the original 5. That would mean shitting on their own legacy.

The first couple of posters lead to speculation, but it's pretty clear by now that Adler and Izzy isn't involved. If they re-recorded anything (which I doubt), I wouldn't be surprised if Izzys and Adlers parts were replaced - and quite honestly I wouldn't mind too much either. Maybe that's just me, but I like and enjoy the current band (especially Richard who I think is brilliant).

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Jeez said:

Usually so much hate for Frank, and love for Alder, while it seems we can't even tell who's even playing on GNR.fm :P

I swear to you that I thought exactly the same thing after reading the last few comments over here...Certainly the funniest things I've read on this forum since I signed up. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Italian girl said:

u2 did it last year with red hill mining town

Same with Led Zeppelin releasing a Rock & Roll/Friends single on this year's Record Store Day, or the many anniversary singles David Bowie has released over the years

20 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

That would suck, if they're gonna record new stuff it should be new music. 

Agreed.. They have the original tracks.. Just re-master them.. Putting Frank, Fortus or Melissa on classic tracks is blasphemy...

20 minutes ago, LovelessNL said:

yeah.. It is one thing having those guys shitting on the classics on stage but if they are celebrating iconic Appetite Album and Era there needs to be no one else on those recording than Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff and Popcorn..

18 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

It really wouldn't surprise me. Seems like something Axl would do/want to do. 

And I would expect it from him.. His integrity sailed a long time ago.. But it would be another disappointment from Slash and Duff..

It's so cringey to see all the people on social media thinking this is all pointing to a live reunion of the AFD lineup. The band shoulda just come out right away and said this was a box set. No cryptic viral marketing teasing bullshit.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

It's so cringey to see all the people on social media thinking this is all pointing to a live reunion of the AFD lineup. The band shoulda just come out right away and said this was a box set. No cryptic viral marketing teasing bullshit.

They're only setting people up for disappointment, lol.

5 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

People that try to convince themselves it's something even though literally nothing has been confirmed yet, and end up disappointed only have themselves to blame. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Unpopular opinion maybe but I think the cryptic marketing is going Pretty good and kinda unique so I'm happy for the band, but it's undeniable that is riddiculous to do all this for a fuckin box set remaster deluxe whatever... Such a shame, would have been great for a new album 

It's not impossible that on AFD recording sessions, Axl being a perfectionist that he is, took several takes of the same song. Now if the band did it from the first one/fewer takes, they tossed perfectly good vocals into the vault. So what do you do? There are no matching unused instrumentals, and the tempo might be slightly different from the final take. Reconstruct! Just re-record instrumentals in difrent key and/or tempo, like the Stones did for Sticky Fingers and Some Girls deluxe editions. Stones did however call Mick Taylor for SF (and he did fantastic job).
This is a mishmash of (useless) old bits and peaces and new recordings:
Edited by Colossus of Rhodes