Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

They like big trucks of money unloading in their backyards and the only thing that brings in the big dollars is the back catalog and the brokeup band from 30 years ago.

Current band produces nothing so it is very difficult to milk that flat cow.

And even if they made a new album, it will never cash what AFD does. It's a sad story :shrugs:

So they've managed to tour the past two years with a hybrid line up and have become the 4th all time tour fooling people every night?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, killuridols said:

They like big trucks of money unloading in their backyards and the only thing that brings in the big dollars is the back catalog and the brokeup band from 30 years ago.

Current band produces nothing so it is very difficult to milk that flat cow.

And even if they made a new album, it will never cash what AFD does. It's a sad story :shrugs:

Yet here we are, and I'm betting you'll be standing in line to buy whatever they drop. Sad story for who?

All I know is they're selling out stadiums and having one of the best selling tours ever overall without the band that broke up 30 years ago.

2 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I read on blabbermouth.net that it will be a new GNR website. Big deal! Just what we need another GNR website that won't tell you anything new or important about the band.

Did you read in a post from one of the highly intelligent people who post on there in the comments section? 

• Like 2

As for other bands doing weird marketing things, check out the videos of Ghost's old Papa introducing the new Cardinal Copia as the new singer for Ghost, when in reality it's still Tobias as their singer. Maybe if you saw a video replacing the Ghouls, which happens every few months, it would make sense.

I think the singer to Ghost is way weird, but such a good singer. lol

1 hour ago, BlueJean Baby said:

This is actually an extremely brilliant viral marketing campaign....it has become huge. It is all over the internet, and on the radio, and the media and radio stations are posting about it on their websites, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook pages, fans are sharing it. It has gotten GNR into the forefront around the world. Quite impressive actually. 😆

I read in GNR FB guy said he heard in SYRIOUS radio will be  5 reunion....this not is very serios...😕

5 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

As for other bands doing weird marketing things, check out the videos of Ghost's old Papa introducing the new Cardinal Copia as the new singer for Ghost, when in reality it's still Tobias as their singer. Maybe if you saw a video replacing the Ghouls, which happens every few months, it would make sense.

I think the singer to Ghost is way weird, but such a good singer. lol

Tobias Forge is great. Looking forward to see them warm up for GNR this summer.

1 minute ago, scooby845 said:

I don't want to spoil the fun of those who are gonna buy it, but...

... how many those of you (like me) would like to buy it whatever the price, but you already know that you won't have enough money... ? :lol:

I'll still get it. If anything, for the original versions of b-sides/rarities on disk rather than YouTube rips etc. 

20 minutes ago, Order of Nine said:

So they've managed to tour the past two years with a hybrid line up and have become the 4th all time tour fooling people every night?

The hybrid lineup includes 3 original members, out of 5. That IS the catch.

Either way, the hybrid lineup has not produced any new original material, so once the tour is over they have nothing else to sell.

18 minutes ago, Jeez said:

Yet here we are, and I'm betting you'll be standing in line to buy whatever they drop. Sad story for who?

All I know is they're selling out stadiums and having one of the best selling tours ever overall without the band that broke up 30 years ago.

I have yet to see what is that they are offering and only then I will decide whether to buy it or not.

Yeah I mean this information is right up there with other top secret information. A matter of national security if you will. If Lafon wants to secure an interview with Melissa Reese he better not spill any more of what he knows or it could be anarchy in the streets 

• Haha 1

I'd love it if it was like Metallica's boxsets. Remastered album, demos, bootlegs, DVDs/BRs with interviews and documentaries and a nice book with pics and comments about them written by band members. Nothing spectacular but really great to have 

3 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Either way, the hybrid lineup has not produced any new original material, so once the tour is over they have nothing else to sell.

I have yet to see what is that they are offering and only then I will decide whether to buy it or not.

Speculation. Just like how many others thought nothing would happen this year. 

54 minutes ago, killuridols said:

This campaign is only "brilliant" because they are using the SKULLS OF AFD5.

If they were using the skulls of Fortus, Frank and Melissa the posters would be already full of crashed eggs :lol:

Is that the Adler Appetite skull? I thought it was a recent picture. 

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

Speculation. LOL. Show me the goddamn NEW ALBUM OF ORIGINAL MATERIAL from the current lineup then :lol:

Your speculating that after the tour nothing will be released by this current band. That's speculation. Just as you thought nothing would happen this year. 

• Like 1

The nugnr guys (Ashba and his demos) went up to Rose and discussed a new album. It would be a good bet that Slash and Duff have raised the conversation also. Conclusion?

Slash is now recording a Conspirators album and Guns are embarking on a re-release of a thirty year old album!

Rose just doesn't want to release music. Guns are now a legacy act. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

The nugnr guys (Ashba and his demos) went up to Rose and discussed a new album. It would be a good bet that Slash and Duff have raised the conversation also. Conclusion?

Slash is now recording a Conspirators album and Guns are embarking on a re-release of a thirty year old album!

Yeah part of me wonders if he became disillusioned from releasing music after ChiDem ended up getting mixed reviews (at best) and not selling all that well, after over a decade of working on it. Wouldnt surprise me in the least.

8 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

That's not what Axl indicated, and the other recent interviews with other people in contact with guns. 

So we have something coming out this year, if we didn't there would be complaints, now that we do it's still bad?

Where's the logic? 

Edited by Order of Nine