Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

Yeah, Use your Illusion boxset could be great - and easy to do:

- Take the raw versions Slash and Axl have, remix, remaster, done.

- Take the Perfect Crime tour doc, put it on a blu ray

- Take the Paris '92 gig, put it on a blu ray.

Done. I so would buy that! :)

Oh yeah, use that extended version of 14 years please. Thanks, Bill! :D

Edited by El Guapo
  • Like 1

Again: how can people tell with certainty that it's current Axl's vocals just from a 2 seconds snippet?!

Moreover, it would be too much, even for Axl, when we don't know when it was the last time he recorded vocals, to go into the studio now and re-record a Hollywood Rose song with his current voice.

Anyway, to me the 2 seconds on SOYL sound similar to some 1986 demos, where he used a powerful clean voice at parts.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, killuridols said:

50's? No way.

Majority of GN'R fans are either 80's or 90's kids ;)

Are you so sure? On this forum maybe. But GnR got big around 1987. Let's say they appealed to 15-20 year olds back then. A person who was 20 in 1987 was born in 1967. ;) 

• Like 1

This is probably going to be underwhelming but not gonna lie I am really excited, for them to be playing SOYL in an official capacity is a big deal in itself is it not? And surely that's not gonna be the best bit because they wouldn't have revealed it already....

Weren't rumours recently floating around tho that Axl was recording with AC/DC? Don't see how he would get time to do both a new AC/DC and GNR album but you never know with Axl, weirder things have happened. Friday is too long to wait wish they would change the song on the website at least or extend the SOYL clip! 

SOYL might indicate at very least a few different songs in set list which will be good, SOYL live again would be cool!

Eddie Trunk is talking about this on air right now. He said it is a re-release of Appetite and it is a not some announcement for a full reunion. He also said he finds it weird that they would do a 30 yr celebration when it has actually been 31 yrs. Then he said he was invited to a Celebration of Appetite party on Friday night by the record company, but won't be in town until Saturday.

Just now, BlueJean Baby said:

This is actually an extremely brilliant viral marketing campaign....it has become huge. It is all over the internet, and on the radio, and the media and radio stations are posting about it on their websites, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook pages, fans are sharing it. It has gotten GNR into the forefront around the world. Quite impressive actually. 😆

Agreed. The difficulty now is making sure the release is actually worth all this and it's price. I'm not paying 650 for a bonus disc or 2, some vinyl, a keychain, a laminated card of some sort and a really fucking expensive marketing campaign. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

Here's the FACTS

There's only 2 surfaced recordings for 'Shadow Of Your Love', NOT 3 or 4 or 5 :

- Sound City AFD 2-track pre-production demo (june '86) : officially released on the 'Live And Let Die' single. Yes, the credits on that single are INCORRECT.

- Pasha Studios AFD demo (august '86) : officially released on several singles, with added fake crowd noise.  Available without fake crowd noise on numerous bootlegs.

-> The snippet you're hearing on the .fm site is the Pasha version, without fake crowd noise, remastered and/or remixed.  It is NOT re-recorded (not the vocals, not the music).

The only thing that sounds fishy is that little lick that's not on the original.  Either that is something unused that was on the master tape, or they added that recently (BLASPHEMY!!!).

The Mike Clink version that is rumoured to have been recorded during pre-production with Clink in late '86 is uncirculated.  It is NOT the .fm snippet version.

There are 3 AFD demo  sessions :

- Mystic Studio (August '85) :

'Welcome To The Jungle' + 'Anything Goes' + 'Don't Cry' (officially released) + 'Back Off Bitch' + 'Think About You'

-> ALL of these were bootlegged in the late 80's.  Recently surfaced in pristine quality by Troccolli. 'Heartbreak Hotel' was also recorded, but was not on the demo, and never bootlegged.  

- Sound City Studios (June '86):

'Out Ta Get Me' + 'Rocket Queen' (2 takes) + 'Nightrain' + 'My Michelle' + 'You’re Crazy' + 'Paradise City' + 'Move To The City' + 'November Rain [Acoustic] + 'Shadow Of Your Love' (officially released) + 'Reckless Life' + 'Think About You' + 'Welcome To The Jungle' + 'Don’t Cry' + 'Nice Boys ('officially' released) + 'Back Off Bitch' + 'Anything Goes' + 'Mama Kin' + 'Heartbreak Hotel' + 'Ain’t Going Down'  [Instrumental] + 'Jumping Jack Flash' + 'Jumping Jack Flash' [Acoustic] + 'November Rain' [Piano] + 'Heartbreak Hotel' [Acoustic] + 'East Coast Junkie' [Acoustic] / 'Move To The City' [Acoustic]

-> ALL of these were bootlegged in the late 80's.  Other stuff was recorded but never bootlegged: 'Cornchucker', 'The Plague', ... Most run at the wrong speed/pitch.

- Pasha Studios (August '86)

'Reckless Life' (offically released) + ' Nice Boys' (offically released) + 'Move To The City' (offically released)  + 'Mama Kin' (offically released) + 'Shadow Of Your Love' (offically released) + 'Welcome To The Jungle' + 'You're Crazy' + 'Heartbreak Hotel' + 'Jumpin' Jack Flash' + 'Mr. Brownstone' + 'Nightrain' + 'Sweet Child O' Mine' + 'Don't Cry'

> ALL of these were bootlegged in the late 80's.  Without fake crowd noise.  8 of these were surfaced in pristine quality by Alan Niven.  The rest run at the wrong speed/pitch.

If an AFD boxset is coming, it should include ALL of the above.  Not some of it, ALL of it.  Now is the time.  It's now or never.   It should also include anything we DON'T have or never heard about before ('You Could Be Mine' ?  'Perfect Crime' ? ... ).

If they decide to BUTCHER these sacred recordings with modern day re-recording, or worse even, let NON-GNR musicians add stuff to them, THAT IS THE ULTIMATE SACRILEGE.

If they decide to add music/songs recorded after '96 with NON-GNR musicians (who shall not be named ever again), that basically have nothing to do with GNR, THAT IS THE ULTIMATE SACRILEGE x 1000.

I will then proceed to ritually burn every GNR related item I own, in protest, and then set myself on fire.

They have managed to fuck up just about EVERYTHING they've done since they started, so if they ever decide to do something right, PLEASE LET IT BE NOW !!!

P.S. I would take a UYI boxset (with rehearsal, demo, pre-production, rough mixes, outtakes, live shit, ...) over an AFD boxset ANY DAY ! :lol:

Pleassssseeeeee noooooo!!!!you had much still for living, please you think first in you family😧😧

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

This is actually an extremely brilliant viral marketing campaign....it has become huge. It is all over the internet, and on the radio, and the media and radio stations are posting about it on their websites, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook pages, fans are sharing it. It has gotten GNR into the forefront around the world. Quite impressive actually. 😆

It's huge because it's Guns n Roses, not because of a good marketing campain. 

15 minutes ago, username said:

Are you so sure? On this forum maybe. But GnR got big around 1987. Let's say they appealed to 15-20 year olds back then. A person who was 20 in 1987 was born in 1967. ;) 

I think they got huge in 1991 and 1992, with a world tour. Pre-teens and teenagers are the ones who move markets for any act that becomes popular.

This forum is a good demo, I think.... :)

47 minutes ago, bjasmund said:

Fernando just posted pics of GnR collectible trucks (haulers). Maybe they come with the box set lol.

I was so looking forward to a Star Destroyer replica. Since "Destruction is coming"  :lol:

We are getting a truck. Maybe next time with the UYI box set 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, jettesnel said:

It's huge because it's Guns n Roses, not because of a good marketing campain. 

Obviously them being who they are matters. But the incoming announcement would never be as big had they not gone for this campaign beforehand. There's still lots of speculation and uncertainty to what exactly we are getting, and what will happen in the future. Just look at this thread..

Not to mention this whole campaign in effect also promotes their upcoming tour, the brand and their music in general. I think it's brilliant, and a lot more exciting than just an ordinary announcement on facebook or whatever.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

18 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

I think that way too. We can criticize as much as we want but, in fact, from my POV, it’s a good marketing strategy. People are talking about them, people are curious to know what it is...IDK,in the end, I believe they are achieving the goal, even here, look at the number of pages we have reached on this thread..Almost 60 pages in two days!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, GNRfanJen said:

Nostalgia works guys. Especially for a band like this one. This campaign proves it 

This campaign proves that in the eyes of most people, fans, original members is what attract the masses and the money.

Axl with the hacks don't sell a candy.

As soon as they added Slash & Duff, the game got leveled up.

And they will keep using the golden chicken to promote their future endeavors, even if we are not getting the original lineup ever again.

Edited by killuridols
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, killuridols said:

This campaign is only "brilliant" because they are using the SKULLS OF AFD5.

If they were using the skulls of Fortus, Frank and Melissa the posters would be already full of crashed eggs :lol:

Personally I'd find it even more exciting if they did some serious marketing for the current band, rather than a band that broke up 30 years ago. I want new material and a serious future for todays GN'R, that wont solely rely on nostalgia.

• GNFNR 1

58 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Again: how can people tell with certainty that it's current Axl's vocals just from a 2 seconds snippet?!

Moreover, it would be too much, even for Axl, when we don't know when it was the last time he recorded vocals, to go into the studio now and re-record a Hollywood Rose song with his current voice.

Anyway, to me the 2 seconds on SOYL sound similar to some 1986 demos, where he used a powerful clean voice at parts.

Same,this voice is a very young guy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jeez said:

Personally I'd find it even more exciting if they did some serious marketing for the current band, rather than a band that broke up 30 years ago. I want new material and a serious future for todays GN'R, that wont solely rely on nostalgia.

They like big trucks of money unloading in their backyards and the only thing that brings in the big dollars is the back catalog and the brokeup band from 30 years ago.

Current band produces nothing so it is very difficult to milk that flat cow.

And even if they made a new album, it will never cash what AFD does. It's a sad story :shrugs:

• Like 1