Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

A HA!! I have FINALLY found the posters! :D 

Only thing is I don’t know how to post pics in here from my phone...

It was on a brick wall outside of a print store. I asked the guy who was working at the front if he could tell me anything and he told me he didn’t even know they were up there :lol: no luck on this one! But I know my city is scattered with posters based on the dots, gonna see what else I can find 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, GNRfanJen said:

A HA!! I have FINALLY found the posters! :D 

Only thing is I don’t know how to post pics in here from my phone...

It was on a brick wall outside of a print store. I asked the guy who was working at the front if he could tell me anything and he told me he didn’t even know they were up there :lol: no luck on this one! But I know my city is scattered with posters based on the dots, gonna see what else I can find 

in Houston? 

1 hour ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

What about the drum machine 86 demos like the West Arkeen ones Axl sung e.g. Too Much Too Soon, Just Another Sunday, Crash Diet, the Izzy sung Bad Obsession, The Garden demo etc etc etc.

I think they're more 1985ish but I may be wrong - a bit of guess work. They were recorded in the Hell House where Del and West Arkeen lived. Some of them became Guns N' Roses songs, some ended up on West's album, others...

They are certainly very interesting.

29 minutes ago, Stiff Competition said:

If it's a big career spanning box set... probably called the box of destruction or something ... it's sort of dumb to market it with just appetite imagery though it would be a great set to have (see rob zombie's recent box set or the beatles remaster sets)

If it's a box with "enough vinyl to count on two hands" of just early shows, demos etc all from the appetite era, that will be fucking insane even if we all probably have bootlegs of most of it anyhow.

I'd LOVE it if it were career spanning but you know it's only going to be AFD-centric. I'm'a still buy it anyway :lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sofine11 said:

Fucking seriously.  I hate to sound overtly negative, but unless this package includes Chinese Democracy II and or any kind of new music from the current lineup, I'm going to have a real hard time shelling out dough for whatever this is.

Don't wanna sound pessimist either, but I think we're gonna have more nostalgia thing.

Seems like they're just buying time so the reunion can still sound fresh as they release something. (even if just repacking old stuff) 

Nonetheless, my optimistic and deluded fan side is thinking that they're using the appetite graphic elements to create hype and promote a :P new single :lol: among the box set.

Mh, these Shadow of your love vocals DO sound like current Axl. I don't think they are though. :D Would be hilarious if they just never tell us, like ever. 

I always liked Ain't goin down, hope that is included as well.

2 brand new, never heard before songs and I would be really happy, don't think so though.

Honestly I probably won't buy this if it's just a box set with demos. I've listened to the guns demos and they are not that interesting or different from what they eventually released tbh. Full unreleased songs might be different but from my experience they put out the best they had. 

This is what excites me the most. Now that the Axl/Slash/Duff partnership is working again, I think it's safe to say that we will see more of this things in the next years. Axl always liked making money, but now he has Slash and Duff back and that makes it huge. New music is still something that probably won't happen, but this boxsets demand practically no work and also makes fans happy. I hope we get an Illusion boxset in the future, as well a Chinese one. A virtual vault is not impossible, and even a NITL bluray.

I don't know. I love that GN'R is big again. I certainly prefer this kind of things to a bluray with flying pianos and shit.

Edited by GNRfanMILO
  • GNFNR 1

11 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I'd LOVE it if it were career spanning but you know it's only going to be AFD-centric. I'm'a still buy it anyway :lol:

Career-spanning... have you people learned nothing from being GnR fans for many years? 

In GnR-land, expectation is the father of disappointment. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, moreblack said:

Their fans have long since stopped being kids :lol:

lol

"you been ripping off the fuckin' kids octogenarians while they be paying their hard earned money...."  :lol:

Edited by soon
  • Haha 1

It would be awesome if we also get Illusion and Chinese box sets at some point down the road. After all, 2021 will be the 30th anniversary of Illusion, and 2028 will be the 20th anniversary of Chinese.

Would love to finally see the canceled Illusion tour doc, as well as HOB 2001. Would also love to finally hear the raw UYI mixes, along with the Chi Dem 1999 demos, and whatever unreleased songs exist from that era (fuck the remix album, though).

i can see a UYI set happening at some point, but probably not the ChDem one, since it doesn't really have anything to do with the Axl/Slash/Duff partnership. 

Wouldnt it be funny if that 1998 re-recording of AFD is also on this set? XD

Oh, also, does anyone know if the band ever did pro-shot footage of any shows from the AFD era other than Ritz 87 and Ritz 88?

Edited by rocknroll41