Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

1 hour ago, lenni19 said:

Can someone please give me a link to shadow of your love ? The website does  not work for me and i would love to hear it 😀

Few pages ago Amir post link of Amazon, i not remember wich page is ☺

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Evil Ash said:

It's not really within the spirit of GnR so I'm hoping it's gonna be something else!

It's not really within the spirit of GnR to release new music, so it will probably be a remastered album or a boxset with 30 year old songs that weren't good enough to be released 30 years ago. 

25 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

I think there is stuff in the vault that has never made it to bootleg and that's what they could be using. That being said, live era was redubbed in parts.

Redubbing live albums is common practice. Doing so on expanded reissue sets not so much. Although some do spruce up unreleased cuts that weren’t finished, but they are usually pretty up front with the info on that. 

There are most likely alternative takes/mixes of these songs that have never made the bootleg circuit or official release

2 minutes ago, EvanG said:

It's not really within the spirit of GnR to release new music, so it will probably be a remastered album or a boxset with 30 year old songs that weren't good enough to be released 30 years ago. 

Gotta love Ax'ls vision.

2 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Shadow of Your Love deserved Anything Goes' place on Appetite, in my opinion. Lol.

I agree it's better, but that only shows how mediocre Anything Goes is. Doesn't mean Shadow isn't a typical B-side.

10 minutes ago, RageKage said:

What are these dots exactly? Places where you can buy the boxes or people who have accesed the page?

The dots are the locations of the billboards and posters. Some are in malls or record stores but the locations are mostly random. You go to a dot near you, snap a photo and share on your social media profiles. All promo for GNR. 

2 minutes ago, Underhardy said:

Cmon now... that’s 86 Axl to a tee.... he didn’t have his trademark rasp 100% at that time.

That's why it can be difficult to tell, especially on so few words, in my opinion. Axl has nearly come full circle in his ability to hit semi-clean rasp. But the vocals on GNR.fm sound more similar to 86 vocals than 2017 vocals.

26 minutes ago, Evil Ash said:

so the band that released UYI as 2 disks so people could buy one and copy the other one from friends instead of releasing a more expensive doulbe album, is now gonna release a $650 box set ?

It's not really within the spirit of GnR so I'm hoping it's gonna be something else!

Dah, they didn’t release the Illusioons for that purpose.  Actually, the complete opposite.  They released it as two separate records so you’d buy two separate records, both at full price instead of buying one double album for less than it would cost to buy two single albums separately.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, tsinindy said:

Dah, they didn’t release the Illusioons for that purpose.  Actually, the complete opposite.  They released it as two separate records so you’d buy two separate records, both at full price instead of buying one double album for less than it would cost to buy two single albums separately.  

This. Out of likes though.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide

1 minute ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

That's why it can be difficult to tell, especially on so few words, in my opinion. Axl has nearly come full circle in his ability to hit semi-clean rasp. But the vocals on GNR.fm sound more similar to 86 vocals than 2017 vocals.

Maybe true...but all we have heard of late are live vocals.  Hitting things on repeated takes is more likely to find that one take that is clean even if it takes 50 to do it.

i tend to agree these do not sound like current vocals, but I don’t discount the fact that they could be.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Hell, even if it's just a 15 seconds long recording from between 1985 and 1990 that is getting released of Slash shitting into his guitar mic while Adler is hitting a snare drum with his forehead as he passes out I'll be crying with joy!

Edited by youngswedishvinyl
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, papashaun said:

Everyone, save yourself some speculation....just go to www.gnr.fm on Midnight: 5/04/18....that's when the countdown should end....and I'm sure we'll get the "official announcement" then.

That's what one you'd expect. But that's too simple for TB.

I'm expecting the countdown to restart :lol:

Well I'm gunna have a guess at something here and it's possible I'm wrong, but that drumming style sounds like Frank on the Shadow of Your Love at gnr.fm 

Not that I want it to be.  Just my observation.

I've never been a fan of him being in GN'R, it just sounds like his playing.

Definately is '86 Axl vocals without a doubt.

3 minutes ago, nathanhall said:

Well I'm gunna have a guess at something here and it's possible I'm wrong, but that drumming style sounds like Frank on the Shadow of Your Love at gnr.fm 

Not that I want it to be.  Just my observation.

I've never been a fan of him being in GN'R, it just sounds like his playing.

Definately is '86 Axl vocals without a doubt.

Due to the snare drum sound and the cymbal placements.  Doesn't sound like Adler's playing although it is the correct beat.

8 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Maybe true...but all we have heard of late are live vocals.  Hitting things on repeated takes is more likely to find that one take that is clean even if it takes 50 to do it.

i tend to agree these do not sound like current vocals, but I don’t discount the fact that they could be.

Yeah, i agree. As i said last page, live takes don't necessarily translate to studio performances and digital magic. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the vocals are recent - it seems that at least the one guitar part before the vocals is new. But i think it would just be easier for them to dig up some old recordings and touch them up.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

I can't fathom how someone that is a big enough GN'R fan to have more than 1600 posts on a GN'R forum isn't exited about getting SOMETHING unheard released from what most fans would agree is the golden era of the band.

Hell, If a 15 seconds long recording from between 1985 and 1990 was released of Slash shitting into his guitar mic while Adler is hitting a snare drum with his forehead as he passes out I'd be crying with joy!

I would check it out obviously, but I'm not getting excited in 2018 about a couple of outtakes that weren't good enough to be put on a record 30 years ago. It's a rip... and anyone who disagrees is clearly just as nutty as the leadsinger.