Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

guys, the website showcases "shadow of your love" with, to my ears, fresh guitar work.

in any case, it is music related more than tour related. I'd wager my shoes that it's gonna be an appetite boxset with rare 1987-era tracks. and that is fucking awesome!!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, gnr5 said:

Geek stuff here. From the site's code they have only two mp3s that are called, here are the source, I don't think WTTJ ever plays on the site.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/gnr-fm-assets/sounds/shadow-of-your-love.mp3

https://s3.amazonaws.com/gnr-fm-assets/sounds/welcome-to-the-jungle.mp3

@RussTCB, gnr5 knows witchcraft or something and brought us these.  Thanks gnr5!

• Like 1

By the way, I just realized that the gnr.fm Version of Shadow Of Your Love is tuned 1/2 down (EDIT: compared to all other Versions of Shadow Of Your Love), and even though there are ways of altering the speed and pitch of old recordings in the studio, I think that at least the Bass and Guitar Parts are new reocordings. The Drums might be Stevens Original Takes because you obviously don't have to alter the pitch of drums, and Axls Vocals might be either re-recordings or the original takes artificially tuned down half a step.

Edited by rocco

1 minute ago, rocco said:

By the way, I just realized that the gnr.fm Version of Shadow Of Your Love is tuned 1/2 down, and even though there's ways to alter the speed and pitch of old recordings in the studio, I think that at least the Bass and Guitar Parts are new reocordings, the Drums might be Stevens Original Takes because you obviously don't have to alter the pitch of drums, and Axls Vocals might be either re-recordings or the original takes artificially tuned down half a step.

Or it could just be a recording from the time. Aren't all the songs tuned down 1/2 a step anyway, why wouldn't they record it like this.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, soon said:

Just a complete guess, but Im wondering if geocaching is more popular and widely understood in those heavily-dotted places.  So therefore they implentmented it more where market data showed it would be most heavily utilized?

Japan is great market to GNR.

3 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

Or it could just be a recording from the time. Aren't all the songs tuned down 1/2 a step anyway, why wouldn't they record it like this.

Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot to mention 'compared to all other Versions of Shadow Of Your Love'.

Edited by rocco

Just now, rocco said:

Oh, I'm sorry, I mean compared to all other Versions of Shadow Of Your Love.

I think there is stuff in the vault that has never made it to bootleg and that's what they could be using. That being said, live era was redubbed in parts.

6 minutes ago, rocco said:

By the way, I just realized that the gnr.fm Version of Shadow Of Your Love is tuned 1/2 down (EDIT: compared to all other Versions of Shadow Of Your Love), and even though there are ways of altering the speed and pitch of old recordings in the studio, I think that at least the Bass and Guitar Parts are new reocordings. The Drums might be Stevens Original Takes because you obviously don't have to alter the pitch of drums, and Axls Vocals might be either re-recordings or the original takes artificially tuned down half a step.

I was thinking the same. It got a new guitar part before the singing

8 minutes ago, rocco said:

I think it could be an old studio track which never saw the light of day, but man am i starting to doubt. The guitars are super crisp, and i'm starting to see how others think they can hear modern Axl in there. Really tough to say though.

5 minutes ago, papashaun said:

Everyone, save yourself some speculation....just go to www.gnr.fm on Midnight: 5/04/18....that's when the countdown should end....and I'm sure we'll get the "official announcement" then.

But we love speculating 😂

havent read all the discussion so I dont know if this has been sorted out already....anyway....

the map points to record stores! I checked Italy and they point to Discoteca Laziale in Rome, near Stazione Termini, and Mondadori store in Milan Piazza Duomo and Feltrinelli in Galleria Vittorio Emanuele!

edit: or maybe its just where they put up ad/billboards...cause one of the London spot is the Roundhouse in Camden!

Edited by nikki9
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I think it could be an old studio track which never saw the light of day, but man am i starting to doubt. The guitars are super crisp, and i'm starting to see how others think they can hear modern Axl in there. Really tough to say though.

Honestly, whoever can't perceive the trace of Mickey/NuAxl just as he opens his mouth is lacking good musical ears. 

8 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

Guitar sound crisp but that is definitely 86 Axl.

Yeah, i lean towards it being an old studio recording which has been remastered, but it seems toned down from all the other demos, and Axl's vocals are also noticeably cleaner (from the small part we can judge). Though it also sounds a lot more powerful in the clean register than what Axl could muster in live concert settings today, but that doesn't necessarily translate to studio and digital magic.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide

so the band that released UYI as 2 disks so people could buy one and copy the other one from friends instead of releasing a more expensive doulbe album, is now gonna release a $650 box set ?

It's not really within the spirit of GnR so I'm hoping it's gonna be something else!

31 minutes ago, soon said:

@RussTCB, gnr5 knows witchcraft or something and brought us these.  Thanks gnr5!

lol just searched through the code and found the links. 

@russTCB, WTTJ was there in the code yesterday, but they took it down. 

• Like 2