Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

The nugnr guys (Ashba and his demos) went up to Rose and discussed a new album. It would be a good bet that Slash and Duff have raised the conversation also. Conclusion?

Slash is now recording a Conspirators album and Guns are embarking on a re-release of a thirty year old album!

Rose just doesn't want to release music. Guns are now a legacy act. 

"a legacy act". I agree, but only to an extend. that only goes for the act, ie the performing. hybrid guns are the best tribute act around.

but the product, a hypothetical boxset to shame all boxsets, of the best hard rock album in history, is the stuff of legend. we wanted it, and it's what we're fucking going to get

1 minute ago, Order of Nine said:

Your speculating that after the tour nothing will be released by this current band. That's speculation. Just as you thought nothing would happen this year. 

No, sir. You've got it all wrong. This is what I said:

40 minutes ago, killuridols said:

They like big trucks of money unloading in their backyards and the only thing that brings in the big dollars is the back catalog and the brokeup band from 30 years ago.

Current band produces nothing so it is very difficult to milk that flat cow.

And even if they made a new album, it will never cash what AFD does. It's a sad story :shrugs:

This was in reply to the guy saying he wishes they would invest in promoting the current line up instead of what the band did 30 years ago. Then you and said guy tried to save face by mentioning the successful current tour. But we weren't talking about tours, we were talking about albums, MATERIAL, new music.

And now you try to make it sound as if I am speculating current line up will never release anything, which I have not done at all. My logic does not have big holes like that.

I never said they will not make a new album, I said they have not produced anything so far.

Comprehension skills: FAILED.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, killuridols said:

No, sir. You've got it all wrong. This is what I said:

This was in reply to the guy saying he wishes they would invest in promoting the current line up instead of what the band did 30 years ago. Then you and said guy tried to save face by mentioning the successful current tour. But we weren't talking about tours, we were talking about albums, MATERIAL, new music.

And now you try to make it sound as if I am speculating current line up will never release anything, which I have not done at all. My logic does not have big holes like that.

I never said they will not make a new album, I said they have not produced anything so far.

Comprehension skills: FAILED.

Yeah, and your implying that they will never release new music. You've stated this numerous times in multiple other threads as well. 

Yeah, and your implying that they will never release new music. You've stated this numerous times in multiple other threads as well. 

Yes that is what she is implying.  Quit arguing with her over a fact that can’t be proven until they are all dead.    It just gets old man.

Be happy Guns is doing something that points in the right direction.. 

1 minute ago, Modano09 said:

I can't keep track anymore. We want a box set, now we're mad we're getting one, because we want the current line up to release music, even though we're mad about who's in the current line up? 

They're putting out a box set and you can either buy it or don't. 

Exactly. I'm not arguing either. I'm just pointing out the facts.

Edited by Order of Nine
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, tsinindy said:

Yes that is what she is implying.  Quit arguing with her over a fact that can’t be proven until they are all dead.    It just gets old man.

I've not implied ANYTHING of the sort ever.

My logic does not allow me to say such a stupid thing as "predicting" the future. I am an academic person.

9 minutes ago, action said:

"a legacy act". I agree, but only to an extend. that only goes for the act, ie the performing. hybrid guns are the best tribute act around.

but the product, a hypothetical boxset to shame all boxsets, of the best hard rock album in history, is the stuff of legend. we wanted it, and it's what we're fucking going to get

Uh, what lol.    There aren’t many of us who would have said AFD box is at the top of our wishlist.  Diesel is absolutely correct, Guns is now a legacy act.  There’s nothing you or anyone can say to dispute that.

an AFD box doesn’t change that fact, nor does it add to their legacy, it only lines their pockets. Keep in mind, I’m cool with that.  They are making money, can’t blame them.  But an AFD box isn’t for the fans, it’s for them to make bank.  

• Like 1

Just now, killuridols said:

My logic does not allow me to say such a stupid thing as "predicting" the future. I am an academic person.

Hahaha.

Perception is reality..

Did you see those GNR big rig trucks??

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

I can't keep track anymore. We want a box set, now we're mad we're getting one, because we want the current line up to release music, even though we're mad about who's in the current line up? 

They're putting out a box set and you can either buy it or don't. 

fuck me, I'm agreeing with modano09 :P

• Like 1

Be happy Guns is doing something that points in the right direction.. 

Exactly. I'm not arguing either. I'm just pointing out the facts.

I remember people posting their dream wish list for a box set and personally thinking there's no way GNR would do something like that, and now it sounds like they're doing something close to it. 

And people are still mad for some reason! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

You’re right, wrong word choice on my behalf.  My point was he’s trying to say you’re wrong and you’re not and will be right until you’re wrong which could be tomorrow...or next year or never.

im just tired of him yapping about shit he thinks or wants to happen, but hasn’t and then calling you out.  It should really be the other way around. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tsinindy said:

Uh, what lol.    There aren’t many of us who would have said AFD box is at the top of our wishlist.  Diesel is absolutely correct, Guns is now a legacy act.  There’s nothing you or anyone can say to dispute that.

an AFD box doesn’t change that fact, nor does it add to their legacy, it only lines their pockets. Keep in mind, I’m cool with that.  They are making money, can’t blame them.  But an AFD box isn’t for the fans, it’s for them to make bank.  

an AFD box is not for the fans? ok cool. I'm not a fan then, cos this definitely is aimed at me (depending on the content, of course)!

Just now, tsinindy said:

You’re right, wrong word choice on my behalf.  My point was he’s trying to say you’re wrong and you’re not and will be right until you’re wrong which could be tomorrow...or next year or never.

im just tired of him yapping about shit he thinks or wants to happen, but hasn’t and then calling you out.  It should really be the other way around. 

Thanks.

He's just bugging because he's got nothing better to do and he thinks he can trick me with what I said but unfortunately for him, I am pretty solid in most of my statements.

2 minutes ago, action said:

an AFD box is not for the fans? ok cool. I'm not a fan then, cos this definitely is aimed at me (depending on the content, of course)!

It seems to be the favorite album among fans and they're putting out a box set focused on it. You really have to go out of your way to find a reason to be mad about this one. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, action said:

It’s intent is to make money.   If you as a fan happen to enjoy is secondary.  

2 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Compared to their touring revenue, they will make peanuts with this. UMG will certainly make bank though. What it could do is help promote another tour, help their brand to sell merch/more premium tixs, and put them in better position for a renegotiation on their record deal for a future release 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NovemberPain said:

That's what i've been told! I hope the box set includes the Troubador show.

God no.. The quality of that show was terrible.. Axl sounded like garbage. If they are smart they will never release a complete show recorded post 1993..

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tom-Ass said:

God no.. The quality of that show was terrible.. Axl sounded like garbage. If they are smart they will never release a complete show recorded post 1993..

While I would love to see that Troubadour show, I really don't want to LISTEN to it because Axl's voice is really bad.

They should put an audio from '86 over it and that's the only way it'd be decent :lol:

• Like 2