GNR Videos Now in 1080p

1 hour ago, quikspade said:

Since the Blu-ray videos are remastered, I wonder if they just did a quick polish or actually rescanned the original material.

At least they should have more bit rate (if they do it in the right way)

57 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Look at Yesterdays video which is still stuck at 480 and look at the rest, definitely an improvement !

There is no "Yesterdays" video in the official Guns N' Roses VEVO YouTube channel.

You are probably watching it in another channel with an obvious quality loss. Go to any of the old videos in the OFFICIAL youtube channel, and compare the same video in 480p and 1080p quality. You won't notice a single improvement.

26 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

There is no "Yesterdays" video in the official Guns N' Roses VEVO YouTube channel.

You are probably watching it in another channel with an obvious quality loss. Go to any of the old videos in the OFFICIAL youtube channel, and compare the same video in 480p and 1080p quality. You won't notice a single improvement.

It was there earlier and in 420p, but it has been removed! I hope they re upload it in 1080p!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Dude Yesterdays has been removed...it WAS there yesterday, I just checked and it looked way worse than all others....
Look at the videos on a screen larger than 32" and you'll notice a slight difference, I do...

• Like 1

Yesterdays is a great clip, but incredibly sad at the same time.

It has always felt weird to me that they used relatively recent footage (AFD had only been out for 5 years), to illustrate this idea of long gone memories from a long established band - when, incredibly enough, it was just the opposite; their evolution in so little time made yesterday really seem like a distant memory, compared to the bright future ahead...

That, along with the desire, hunger and talent they had at the time, makes you wonder what could've been.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Bro they've just posted the Yesterdays video upgraded...and the version that was on the channel 2 days ago looked grainy and shit compared to this...So while absolutely it's not a full remaster, all these videos DO look better than they did, unless you're looking at them through a phone screen...I've matched them all up...
I'm sure BAD APPLES is to follow, to complete the overhaul...(better than nothing - nobody was calling for this - should be a given)

Edited by colonizedmind

5 hours ago, Litti said:

Why is "bad apples" in vevo anyway, its just fan made video. Vevo got duped

No, it’s official. It was nothing more than an attempt to push new music to viewers while the Illusion era was in full swing. It was really a lackluster attempt with recycled footage.

28 minutes ago, quikspade said:

No, it’s official. It was nothing more than an attempt to push new music to viewers while the Illusion era was in full swing. It was really a lackluster attempt with recycled footage.

Just didn't think Axl would agree to something like that, he was always such a perfectionist

• Like 1

3 hours ago, quikspade said:

Man... My GNR memory is really failing me these days! 

I didn't know/remember that GNR had opened with Coma not once but twice in the past. Now I had zero recollection of there even having been an official video for Bad Apples! 

It's crazy what I've learned or been reminded of in the past week lol

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

Man... My GNR memory is really failing me these days! 

I didn't know/remember that GNR had opened with Coma not once but twice in the past. Now I had zero recollection of there even having been an official video for Bad Apples! 

It's crazy what I've learned or been reminded of in the past week lol

I remember Bad Apples being played on MTV back in the day and it was one of their last videos if my memory serves me correctly.  I could be wrong about it but I’m confident. I’d bet my Chinese Democracy CD on it.  Coma? Never heard that as an opening song.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/guns-n-roses-videos-ranked-worst-to-best-20160104/bad-apples-20151201

Edited by quikspade
Link added

13 minutes ago, fanfzero said:

They opened with coma in one of the Tokyo 92 dates. They opened with it another time.

Richfield, Ohio 1991. Quite an odd but great show setlist-wise; opens with Coma, Mr Brownstone was not the 2nd song played, and Paradise City was not the last song (played about 2/3 the way thru the set).

06.04.91 - Richfield Coliseum, Richfield, OH
opening act: Skid Row
set: Coma, Welcome To The Jungle, Mr. Brownstone, Bad Obsession, Live And Let Die, Dust N' Bones, Don't Cry, Double Talkin' Jive, Civil War, I Was Only Joking [Intro] / Patience, Drum Solo, Guitar Solo, Godfather Theme, Pretty Tied Up, November Rain, My Michelle, Paradise City, Used To Love Her, Only Women Bleed [Intro] / Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Estranged, Bad Time [Intro] / Sweet Child O' Mine
audio/video recording?: audio [incomplete]
notes: This setlist is possibly incomplete. The first live performance of 'Coma'. Axl says how it was ex-manager Alan Niven's idea to tour before the new record came out. Axl goes off on Mötley Crüe. 'Paradise City' is played early in the set, unusual because it is almost always the last song played.

• GNFNR 1

22 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Richfield, Ohio 1991. Quite an odd but great show setlist-wise; opens with Coma, Mr Brownstone was not the 2nd song played, and Paradise City was not the last song (played about 2/3 the way thru the set).

Reveal hidden contents

06.04.91 - Richfield Coliseum, Richfield, OH
opening act: Skid Row
set: Coma, Welcome To The Jungle, Mr. Brownstone, Bad Obsession, Live And Let Die, Dust N' Bones, Don't Cry, Double Talkin' Jive, Civil War, I Was Only Joking [Intro] / Patience, Drum Solo, Guitar Solo, Godfather Theme, Pretty Tied Up, November Rain, My Michelle, Paradise City, Used To Love Her, Only Women Bleed [Intro] / Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Estranged, Bad Time [Intro] / Sweet Child O' Mine
audio/video recording?: audio [incomplete]
notes: This setlist is possibly incomplete. The first live performance of 'Coma'. Axl says how it was ex-manager Alan Niven's idea to tour before the new record came out. Axl goes off on Mötley Crüe. 'Paradise City' is played early in the set, unusual because it is almost always the last song played.

What I love about the UYI era.. never knew this either but that sounds like a riot

• Like 3