The Weed Thread

soon

17 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Yea I was quite surprised that the little ones were so expensive. And I even went to one of the most reasonably priced shops in town. If I wanted a proper replacement (same size/quality as my last one) it'd probably be around $100. I stopped considering it when I asked "what's the cheapest 7 mil bong you've got?" and the guy put a $125 bong on the counter. <_<

But, I had a summertime garden, and I'll have an indoor garden in the winter, so what I save from spending at dispensaries might just go towards better glassware :devilshades:

My jaw would hit the floor at the 7 mil bong with a $125 price tag! 

Nice, hope you had good yields! Did you go with guaranteed females or was there an adventure in separating the males from your garden/ seedling trays? I wish you well growing indoors to save money, it can be tricky. :headbang:

Edited by soon

2 hours ago, soon said:

My jaw would hit the floor at the 7 mil bong with a $125 price tag! 

Nice, hope you had good yields! Did you go with guaranteed females or was there an adventure in separating the males from your garden/ seedling trays? I wish you well growing indoors to save money, it can be tricky. :headbang:

I had one male plant, which I left in there for a while in hopes of getting a good cross and a good amount of seeds (male blueberry, female bubba; the goal is to eventually get a plant as large as the bubba and as dense as the blueberry).

And yea, it's gonna take some searching (probably outside this city) to find a good 7mil bong for a good price, probably gonna have to get one next time I drive up island, there's some shops a couple hours away from me that I remember as being good.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I had one male plant, which I left in there for a while in hopes of getting a good cross and a good amount of seeds (male blueberry, female bubba; the goal is to eventually get a plant as large as the bubba and as dense as the blueberry).

And yea, it's gonna take some searching (probably outside this city) to find a good 7mil bong for a good price, probably gonna have to get one next time I drive up island, there's some shops a couple hours away from me that I remember as being good.

Nice. The way you phrased about our growing for some reason read to me like it was a first time operation. You seem to already have a good handle on things :axl::ph34r:

Sounds awesome! Hope it turns out how you wanted. We could consider starting a mygnr seed exchange?

Driving out of town for a bong is a drag. But glad you have the option at least.

26 minutes ago, soon said:

Nice. The way you phrased about our growing for some reason read to me like it was a first time operation. You seem to already have a good handle on things :axl::ph34r:

Sounds awesome! Hope it turns out how you wanted. We could consider starting a mygnr seed exchange?

Driving out of town for a bong is a drag. But glad you have the option at least.

I've never tried crossing strains before actually, but Bubba kush seems to grow really well here and Blueberry is a classic and fairly easy to grow, so if I can get the best of both strains I'll be quite happy. And if not, at least it's an interesting experiment. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Can weed be addictive?

Scientists, even from within the cannabis industry, say cannabis can be addictive and is dangerous for the developing minds of adolescents. Personally I've been able to start and stop with ease, going years between standalone uses even. But I think Ive known at least one person with a dependency. Sad about the effect on teens, if true. What are peoples thoughts?

"Since the days when we feared "Reefer Madness," attitudes about cannabis have changed enormously. And this is particularly true about addiction. Most people, certainly most cannabis users, would probably suggest that cannabis ins't addictive. 

..."The currently bandied about statistics suggest that of regular cannabis users, about 10 percent meet criteria of Cannabis Use Dependence, which means that they spend a lot of time thinking about it, they spend a lot of their time trying to get it, and it may affect adversely their social and work functions and so on," says Mark Ware, a scientist who's studied cannabis as a professor of medicine at McGill University, but is now the Chief Medical Officer for the licensed producer Canopy Growth. 

..."With adolescents, it's a little scary because they have an increased chance of abusing other drugs. They can decrease their IQ with chronic marijuana use by an average of about six points. There's increased anxiety and depression, memory loss and other neurocognitive damage that can occur in adolescence. We don't tend to see the same types of detriment in adults as we do in adolescence."

Listen or read here: https://www.cbc.ca/radio/quirks/oct-13-2018-the-great-canadian-ganja-experiment-1.4860201/addiction-and-cannabis-it-s-real-and-this-is-what-you-need-to-know-about-it-1.4860221

Weed aint addictive in the PROPER sense, in terms of your body becoming reliant on it like alcohol or skag or coke, though the latter is to a lesser extent.  In terms of psychologically addictive yes that is possible but then anything can be psychologically addictive from working out to eating crisps or...yknow, anything.

Addiction is an abused term, nowadays if you do anything according to a routine its called an addiction, you could have a beer a day without fail and some class it as an addiction but the truth is addiction is like proper medical dependency on it, the doing of the thing over a period of time to where you develop heroin or alcohol dependent cells, with booze that requires a  fuckload of drinking over a very long period of time, with skag it takes at least a good 3 months of daily use and with weed its fuckin impossible.

I smoked weed daily from when I was in my mid to early teens until last november when I was 34 and i dropped it like nothing, didn’t make a turds worth of difference.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Anything can be addictive Physiologically speaking read a story of a dude who was addicted to Spaghetti hoops and its all he would ever eat.

Poor cunt couldn't go on holiday or anything because of it literally wouldn't eat anything else 

Thats just called needing a slap :lol:

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Weed aint addictive in the PROPER sense, in terms of your body becoming reliant on it like alcohol or skag or coke, though the latter is to a lesser extent.  In terms of psychologically addictive yes that is possible but then anything can be psychologically addictive from working out to eating crisps or...yknow, anything.

Addiction is an abused term, nowadays if you do anything according to a routine its called an addiction, you could have a beer a day without fail and some class it as an addiction but the truth is addiction is like proper medical dependency on it, the doing of the thing over a period of time to where you develop heroin or alcohol dependent cells, with booze that requires a  fuckload of drinking over a very long period of time, with skag it takes at least a good 3 months of daily use and with weed its fuckin impossible.

I smoked weed daily from when I was in my mid to early teens until last november when I was 34 and i dropped it like nothing, didn’t make a turds worth of difference.

Yeah, I noticed in the article that the experts used so many different terms from "dependency" "Disorder" "Addiction." Made clear to me how little research and consensus there is about this subject. I am a bit more convinced about the potential effects on the developing brain. But also not universally.

56 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Anything can be addictive Physiologically speaking read a story of a dude who was addicted to Spaghetti hoops and its all he would ever eat.

Poor cunt couldn't go on holiday or anything because of it literally wouldn't eat anything else 

Oh goodness! We are a planet full of weirdos! I read a similar story about a teen who only ate chicken nuggets, but she dropped dead as a result. Spaghetti Hoops Hermit is funnier.

I agree weed seems to fall more under that category of fixation and habit.

Edited by soon

Yeah, I noticed in the article that the experts used so many different terms from "dependency" "Disorder" "Addiction." Made clear to me how little research and consensus there is about this subject. I am a bit more convinced about the potential effects on the developing brain. But also not universally.

Personally I'm a firm believer in everyones own internal like...moderation.  Back off when shit gets thick y'know?  I've tried just about everything I could get my hands on but like...you judge each thing and its effects and how good it is or isn't for you, I think we all know what we can or what we can't handle through experience. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Personally I'm a firm believer in everyones own internal like...moderation.  Back off when shit gets thick y'know?  I've tried just about everything I could get my hands on but like...you judge each thing and its effects and how good it is or isn't for you, I think we all know what we can or what we can't handle through experience. 

For those if us who made it through that is true. Im not convinced its true for everyone though? Broken bodies, hearts and minds. The world gets in the way of our ideal selfs. I know people who havent made a choice of their own free will in ages - the last unrestrained choice they ever made was to try out _________. Or people who were directed by their Drs to become addicts by way of the prescription dosage.

Like I say, Im unconvinced about this applying to weed though.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, soon said:

Oh goodness! We are a planet full of weirdos! I read a similar story about a teen who only ate chicken nuggets, but she dropped dead as a result. Spaghetti Hoops Hermit is funnier.

I agree weed seems to fall more under that category of fixation and habit.

I stopped smoking weed about 10 years ago after 20+ years. It was fairly easy in hindsight, i just mixed it with baccy and increased the baccy and decreased the weed, however when i finally got to just baccy i would still roll it like a spliff and use a roach. The hardest thing is stopping the baccy. I only stopped when the vaping stuff became available. Now i'm addicted to that :P 

I still wanna spliff sometimes but i haven't given in (yet) 

15 hours ago, janrichmond said:

I stopped smoking weed about 10 years ago after 20+ years. It was fairly easy in hindsight, i just mixed it with baccy and increased the baccy and decreased the weed, however when i finally got to just baccy i would still roll it like a spliff and use a roach. The hardest thing is stopping the baccy. I only stopped when the vaping stuff became available. Now i'm addicted to that :P 

I still wanna spliff sometimes but i haven't given in (yet) 

Oh right, thats true, theres the activity and ritual aspects that one can get attached to, too. People love their vapes :lol: Get some THC concentrate for that bad boy! 

I got hooked on tobacco from smoking weed because a friends dad would put about half and half in his joints. So between smoking with him and raiding his roach motel I got hooked. Started buying my own tobacco and always mixing it - even in the bong. After some time no one wanted to smoke with me so I took the opportunity when I caught a cold, threw on a patch and by the time I was feeling better I was off the tobacco. And luckily for me I already had the ritual of smoking weed to go back too.

Edited by soon
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Yous lot are known for it man, have been for a while, all these rappers have been coming back from BC etc for years and years singing the praises of the gear yous have got. 

I love it! Hope we made it into some lyrics! Yeah, its always fun to smoke with some one from away. They have a good time :lol:. I know a few producers and they're good folk. Proud of them!

2 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Just read no legal eddies until 2019 ... If I was going to do it again would be edibles or an Inhaler

Yeah, it sucks. Dosage is a major issue for a lot of people. Edibles can get away from someone - especially all the newbies with legalization. Apparently adverse reactions to edibles are an actual budget issue for Poison Control and hospital ER's, lol.

:lol:

But its legal to make ones own edibles as far as I understand. Also tinctures. So one could even make gummies.

40 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

But imagine some form of edible weed infused pie and liquor? 

Nah edibles hit you funny man, a spliff you know whats going on and that, with each hit you get higher, ingesting weed that other way is odd, it hits you late and then spasticates you :lol:

17 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Yeah but I have this mission don't matter if i'm drinking or doing drugs I want to get as fucked up as possible.

First time I did space cookies had me twitching and everything mind you I did eat the whole cookie the dude I was doing them with was a pro and I made the error of attempting to keep up

I’ve never had edibles but i did once buy 3 ounces of dud hash so i thought fuck it, its not getting me high smoking it so i crumbled the lot and washed it down with Fanta.  Did feel nothing, ended up going to bed sober as a button.  Then when i woke up the next morning i was like, fucking paralysed :lol:  Like literally incapacitated.  Couldnt physically move til 1pm that day.  After that day i vowed never to eat weed related shit :lol:  

Also when i used to smoke weed i used to do a lot of stuff on it yknow?  Used to work in Sainsburys as a lad so when i was on trolleys I’d nip out for a cheeky spliff then back on the job so i couldnt afford to be completely muntered.  When you’re blazing daily you have to kind of organise a day around it.  

Though some mates of mine it dont even bother like that, they bang out a spliff and play 5 a side, i could never do that.

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

I’ve never had edibles but i did once buy 3 ounces of dud hash so i thought fuck it, its not getting me high smoking it so i crumbled the lot and washed it down with Fanta.  Did feel nothing, ended up going to bed sober as a button.  Then when i woke up the next morning i was like, fucking paralysed :lol:  Like literally incapacitated.  Couldnt physically move til 1pm that day.  After that day i vowed never to eat weed related shit :lol:  

Weed needs to be heated to activate the THC. Its called decarboxylating or decarbing. Ive had the exact same experience as you when someone made no bake cookies with out knowing the issue. Felt nothing but then next morning my vision was completely sideways and I was following it as I struggled to move my legs to walk. My friend drove us away from the crash pad at 5 km/h across the street to the Tim Hortons to use a proper washroom becasue I also needed to take an epic smash. Took 3 hours to accomplish the goal. :lol:

Im guessing that our bodies absorbed all the CBDs and the heat of our GI tracts decarbed some aspects of the THC? I dunno. But I had exactly that same paralyzed thing.

It can be absolutely euphoric and awesome, though. I dont eat often because its such a commitment. I usually lay on floor laughing for hours or go dancing at a club and all I have to offer anyone else is a big hug. I also use CBD tincures.