The Weed Thread

soon

1 hour ago, soon said:

Weed needs to be heated to activate the THC. Its called decarboxylating or decarbing. Ive had the exact same experience as you when someone made no bake cookies with out knowing the issue. Felt nothing but then next morning my vision was completely sideways and I was following it as I struggled to move my legs to walk. My friend drove us away from the crash pad at 5 km/h across the street to the Tim Hortons to use a proper washroom becasue I also needed to take an epic smash. Took 3 hours to accomplish the goal. :lol:

Im guessing that our bodies absorbed all the CBDs and the heat of our GI tracts decarbed some aspects of the THC? I dunno. But I had exactly that same paralyzed thing.

It can be absolutely euphoric and awesome, though. I dont eat often because its such a commitment. I usually lay on floor laughing for hours or go dancing at a club and all I have to offer anyone else is a big hug. I also use CBD tincures.

Well that makes sense of a lifelong mystery, thanks.  I’ve never even so much as puked off of chunging mammoth amounts of weed but that one time i was totally fucked, never felt anything like it before or since, it was the weirdest thing, I was perfectly concious and awake, I just couldnt fuckin move.  Used to smoke dirty amounts in them days, so much so that my dealer was getting suspicious that I was dealing, with the idea being who the fuck buys 3 ounces of hash that aint a dealer?  My rationale was it was cheap and it got you high.

a mate of mine has actually got some CBD oil but i googled it and it says it dont get you high so whats the point?

Edited by Len Cnut

13 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Well that makes sense of a lifelong mystery, thanks.  I’ve never even so much as puked off of chunging mammoth amounts of weed but that one time i was totally fucked, never felt anything like it before or since, it was the weirdest thing, I was perfectly concious and awake, I just couldnt fuckin move.  Used to smoke dirty amounts in them days, so much so that my dealer was getting suspicious that I was dealing, with the idea being who the fuck buys 3 ounces of hash that aint a dealer?  My rationale was it was cheap and it got you high.

a mate of mine has actually got some CBD oil but i googled it and it says it dont get you high so whats the point?

Yeah, its a weird experience for sure. Must be nice to get to the bottom of it - glad I could help. Your dealer thought you were dealing - thats legendary stuff!! :lol:

CBDs are the most popular medicinal components of weed. The various CBDs and other cannabinoids - which over 100 have been identified - arent all well understood, but some are proven for pain relief, calming anxiety, treating a number of illnesses and preventing seizures. If you've ever felt a great body high, that would be in part thanks to CBD's. There are strains bred to be high in cbds, or harvested a bit late works too, that are smoked, theres topical creams and people take tinctures or edibles. I find its great for my aches and pains.

The super weed they make now is usually bred to have zero cbds and mega thc. If someone isnt having a pleasant time on super weed, ingesting some cbds can help restore balance.

At a dispensary or on a container of weed, you might see a break down like this of THC, CBD and sometimes the Terpenes (the essential oils, also medicinal) like in this graph:

lnz7TgPh.jpg

As far as edibles, I only like the gummy bears/candies. I think it's something to do with the sugars and how it's digested but they hit me way faster than cookies or brownies, and it's way more enjoyable overall. Eat a couple sativa gummies and it feels like I'm trippin' :lol:

Also, part of my summertime garden was finished curing a few days ago so I've been smoking that the last couple days... the blueberry kush I grew is pretty nice and mild, but the 'blue bubba' kush is awesome. It kinda sneaks up on me but once it hits, I'm high as fuck :lol: Both plants are full of seeds which is nice because now I've got a strain I like, that I can keep growing for a while. I got a cheap 50W grow light on Amazon in the spring and grew a little Blueberry X Super Silver Haze plant under it over the summer, as a sort of 'test plant', and it turned out pretty nice as well. :devilshades:

• GNFNR 1

11 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

I have built a career for myself out of doing that I ain't got a fucking clue half the time I just nod and agree 

People like us are gonna be the fuckin' downfall of British society man, chancers that blag their ways through life with their GNVQ intellect whilst continents like Europe and Asia produce their fuckin' rigorously tested hamster wheel brainiacs :lol:

Edited by Len Cnut

8 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Too right but at least we will go down in a blaze of glory of having earned way more on our monthly salary than we are actually educated for.

The last firm I work for sadly went bankrupt but when I did work there I basically got the job doubled my salary from the last employer and blagged that other firms where head hunting me so if u want me I demand X salary ... At the time I fought well I might as well chance it I wont get the job anyway ... They offered me the job on the spot lol!

Yeah, fuck society, as long as we can pay off our mortgages before the whip comes down eh? :lol:  Do you ever have this inate fear around like, posh intelligent people that someones gonna stop one day and go 'hang on, what the fuck are you doin' here?' and then click their fingers and have you dragged off by security :lol:

13 hours ago, janrichmond said:

@soon you've gone full science. You never go full science.:lol:

I go full science for weed :lol:

3 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I didnt know what the fuck he was talkin about to be honest but i didnt wanna appear to be thick :lol:  Just nod your head and go ‘yes, terpenes, of course’ :lol:

In fairness, I did hyperlink to an explainer on terpenes :lol:

On 2018-10-18 at 11:14 AM, lukepowell1988 said:

I always fought u Sweeds where a pretty liberal bunch? 

We got that reputation, but not really anymore. When it comes to cannabis we're way behind and actually very conservative when compared to other similar "western" countries. Sweden's drug policy is abysmal.

13 minutes ago, Kwick1 said:

@soon, news reported that the dispensaryies are having a hard time keeping up with the demand in only a few days of legalization. 😆 

Yeah! :lol: My Province made a last minute decision to only allow mail order from the govt until next spring so all the dispensaries near me closed the day before legalization :facepalm: But in other places people are lining up around the block to be there when the freshly stocked dispensaries open for the day! Im not sure why the industry underestimated us so much :headbang: :lol:

• Haha 1

I just don't know how to vote on the medical marijuana issue.  There's 3 things on the ballot.  All of them say legalize medical pot but each one has a special tax attached to it.  In my state we don't tax prescriptions so why are they taxing this one?  All of them have to do with setting up special veterans programs.  How did they connect vets to medical marijuana, doesn't make sense.  And aren't we setting up a legal challenge for taxing an Rx?  I'm against the tax but you can't vote for medical marijuana without voting for a tax with it.  So do I let the tax thing go so people can get the medicine they need?  I don't think they should be allowed to address two separate issue in one vote, fuckers.

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, cineater said:

I just don't know how to vote on the medical marijuana issue.  There's 3 things on the ballot.  All of them say legalize medical pot but each one has a special tax attached to it.  In my state we don't tax prescriptions so why are they taxing this one?  All of them have to do with setting up special veterans programs.  How did they connect vets to medical marijuana, doesn't make sense.  And aren't we setting up a legal challenge for taxing an Rx?  I'm against the tax but you can't vote for medical marijuana without voting for a tax with it.  So do I let the tax thing go so people can get the medicine they need?  I don't think they should be allowed to address two separate issue in one vote, fuckers.

What a terrible position to be stuck in.The individual, the other and the collective are all pitted against one another. The way they pair up these issues is suspect and should be stopped. Im just glad that there are thoughtful people like yourself there. I dont know what I would do either. Hopefully it can still be changed? Oh, but I guess it must be locked in for early voting already? Fuckers!

Picked up an O of some nutty fuckin' strawberry smelling shit last night, I'm gonna give the booze the elbow for a bit and get back on my gear, fuck me it blew my head off.  Its the weirdest thing, it fuckin' smells of strawberries.  I smoked this shit and like....half an hour later I'm monged...and another half out later and I feel like I've just smoked another one, was weird, it kinda crept up on you.

22 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Picked up an O of some nutty fuckin' strawberry smelling shit last night, I'm gonna give the booze the elbow for a bit and get back on my gear, fuck me it blew my head off.  Its the weirdest thing, it fuckin' smells of strawberries.  I smoked this shit and like....half an hour later I'm monged...and another half out later and I feel like I've just smoked another one, was weird, it kinda crept up on you.

That'd be those terpenes giving it that strawberry smell :P. Pretty incredible stuff. I had some strawberry ice-cream strain recently and it was great! Strangest flavour Ive come across is bubble gum. I like instantly acting stuff, but creepers are fun too.

Great that youre back at it! @EvanG just got back to having a drink and you are putting that aside - its as if the Universe has a way of balancing itself out. 

• GNFNR 1

12 minutes ago, soon said:

That'd be those terpenes giving it that strawberry smell :P. Pretty incredible stuff. I had some strawberry ice-cream strain recently and it was great! Strangest flavour Ive come across is bubble gum. I like instantly acting stuff, but creepers are fun too.

Great that youre back at it! @EvanG just got back to having a drink and you are putting that aside - its as if the Universe has a way of balancing itself out. 

I smoked like daily since my early teens right up until last November where I just thought I'd stop just to see what its like to not be fuckin' high.  Its a weird thing but it got to a point with me where I was just doing it just to do it, it became the standard to be, to be in that state.  So I just stopped and one day turned into two and two to four etc etc.  Didn't have another since a couple of weeks back.  But in that time I've been boozing more and more and more and I'm getting sick of fuckin' hangovers so yeah, decided to fall back on the go to shit, which is weed.  Also I do more stupid shit when I drink and its getting a little undignified at the ripe old age of 35. 

Edited by Len Cnut