The Weed Thread

soon

30 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I smoked like daily since my early teens right up until last November where I just thought I'd stop just to see what its like to not be fuckin' high.  Its a weird thing but it got to a point with me where I was just doing it just to do it, it became the standard to be, to be in that state.  So I just stopped and one day turned into two and two to four etc etc.  Didn't have another since a couple of weeks back.  But in that time I've been boozing more and more and more and I'm getting sick of fuckin' hangovers so yeah, decided to fall back on the go to shit, which is weed.  Also I do more stupid shit when I drink and its getting a little undignified at the ripe old age of 35. 

Oh is there an age cut off for drunken stupidity? Ill cherish falling onto strangers tables as if each time is the last. :lol: I had being a chronic smoker for a couple years and took a long break too. And it was similar that I just wasnt getting a lift out of it anymore. I remember the first few weeks that 'not being high was like being high.' That things were interesting and experiences felt uplifting and I was introspective and had crazy dreams. Do you know what I mean?

1 hour ago, soon said:

Great that youre back at it! @EvanG just got back to having a drink and you are putting that aside - its as if the Universe has a way of balancing itself out. 

Damn straight... life's too short not to drink.

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

Also I do more stupid shit when I drink and its getting a little undignified at the ripe old age of 35. 

Fuck that... I'm about the same age, and that's not old. 30's are the new 20's, right? Please tell me I'm right...

• GNFNR 1

20 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Damn straight... life's too short not to drink.

Fuck that... I'm about the same age, and that's not old. 30's are the new 20's, right? Please tell me I'm right...

I think our estimations of what stupid shit is is probably different, thats what it is.  I don't mean falling over tables, I mean getting into fights and other such trouble.  Which is not to say that I get like that when I been drinking, its just certain social circles bring with them certain attitudes and/or modes of behaviour that don't lend themselves to the sort of rash desicions a person tends to make when drunk.

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I think our estimations of what stupid shit is is probably different, thats what it is.  I don't mean falling over tables, I mean getting into fights and other such trouble.  Which is not to say that I get like that when I been drinking, its just certain social circles bring with them certain attitudes and/or modes of behaviour that don't lend themselves to the sort of rash desicions a person tends to make when drunk.

Don't conform to anyone, but then drink at home... it's cheaper, more convenient, and you'll minimize chances of getting into trouble.

First they made us have to order weed online. And then the Postal Workers start taking job actions which slows down delivery. This is in addition to the weed shortages. Weed is legal and I'm made as hell!!! Who wouldve thought?! Good thing I have a touch of a prepper streak in me so I stocked up before either the mail of the postal strikes became a reality. Rations are running dry and theres no way to know if it will be replenished tomorrow or in 2 weeks.

Also, trying to help out elders navigate the online store, via emails, is a precious experience :) 

In this video from 2004, one of our dearest public intellectuals Pierre Berton teaches the young people how to roll a joint :lol:. Recently the shows Host, Rick Mercer, revealed that when Berton showed up on set and discovered the Producers had oregano for him to roll, Berton went straight to Mercers dressing room to announce that "I'm not rolling fake weed on National Television!" Apparently a bag of weed was quickly produced. :lol: Although that untrimmed ditch weed is kinda as embarrassing as oregano.

He went public with his recreational use earlier that year. He died the same year. Thank you Mr. Berton!!! RIP!

Edited by soon

• 2 weeks later...

Got my first mail order weed. Never bought weed in a these packages before. I think the packaging is helpful though becasue the buds are gorgeous and uncompressed. Crystals fresh as day. Just pristine. A real treat.

rWIv4vil.jpg

This Palm Tree CBD strain is gonna be a game changer for me. I dont believe that even stuff I cultivated to be high ih CBDs was ever this high in CBD,

3UwXlkql.jpg

VJKn8uzl.jpg

Weed Pics:

Spoiler

tvfQu4pl.jpg

04OFQTbl.jpg

^^^^My Sunday Special looks pretty much in between these two examples. With the white aspects and 'fluffy' structure of the bottom one but with the bright orange hairs of the top one. Again, just gorgeous.

And the Palm Tree CBD is even better looking then this example. It has some really funky cheese smell that Ive never encountered before

JBnEVkql.jpg

Edited by soon
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2018 at 11:28 AM, lukepowell1988 said:

Bring me the eddies!!!

Got the Mrs to knock me up some cannabutter gonna get baking before the England VS USA game later 

I was just shopping for weed online - which has become a favorite pass time - and the shop had a cannabutter machine! Looks like a tiny crock pot or InstaPot. Just dump the weed in, hit the setting and go. Its even self cleaning! Might have to ask Santa.

I also discovered that there are eddibles available. I think the legislation just uses the word differently. There is no candies and such but there is eddile oils and capsules - stuff that doesnt appeal to kids. Potent too at 30mgTHC/ml

Finished that O off about a week ago so i picked up another half O.  The shits got some funky names these days, the one I picked up is called Jaffa Cake something or other.  Meh, whatever, does it fuck you up, thats all I need to know.  This is gonna sound slightly stupid but I hate the stickier types, it don't burn as well.  By the time you get halfway through if you're a hard and fast type smoker like myself the whole thing starts to go a bit soggy.

15 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Finished that O off about a week ago so i picked up another half O.  The shits got some funky names these days, the one I picked up is called Jaffa Cake something or other.  Meh, whatever, does it fuck you up, thats all I need to know.  This is gonna sound slightly stupid but I hate the stickier types, it don't burn as well.  By the time you get halfway through if you're a hard and fast type smoker like myself the whole thing starts to go a bit soggy.

Jaffa Cake, a truly English strain if Ive heard one. Never seen that before. i hate the sticky stuff too, not so much the smoking since I mainly vape or use bong, but how it sticks to fingers when I break it up. And its impossible to tell if its sticky when I buy it with our shitty online store

20 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

The stickier types I find tend to burn slower and feel stronger but that could be a placebo effect 

You just have to smoke it slower I think but I have a habit of chunging it.  Especially since i go outside to smoke and its often fuckin' freezing so I'm trying to get on with it. 

When I bought from a dealer it was $25 for really good stuff. And there'd be a bunch of strains to choose from, including one or two premium quality options for $30 (but still $50 for 1/4).

Then when the illegal dispensaries opened, the ones I went too didn't really do 8ths. There was 4g bags starting at $20. And really great stuff, Buba Kush, Sensi Star, Sour Diesel, Strawberry Ice for 4g/$30. Out of this world top shelf stuff was sold by gram or 1/2 O at this place. At a gram youd be looking at say $13. But In 1/2 O's you'd be paying still about $30/4g in many cases.

Now we are stuck with this shitty mail order, online store. Its currently more expensive (I think mainly for the new packaging requirements, plus prices include tax). Plus theres $5 shipping. The cheapest 8th I remember seeing earlier today was $26.45 (but its all really great stuff). I remember the most expensive options very clearly because its so outrageous: $56.50 for an 8th of Blue Dream or Pink Kush!!! I've bought some pricier 8ths that are really high in CBDs, which is why they are pricey (a more rare cultivation with longer growth time). But for the most part the companies are just price gauging on any really legendary strains.

8 hours ago, soon said:

$56.50 for an 8th of Blue Dream

:wow:

Blue Dream is awesome, but that's just absurd. When I was going to the dispensary it was 3G/$20... same for Sour Diesel, Pink Kush, Romulan... I don't miss the dispensary at all though. I grew more over the summer than I'll be able to smoke before my next plants are ready; I've got a little Blueberry plant just starting to flower now and some Bubba plants that are just sprouts. When those are done I'm gonna try growing some 'auto flowering' plants. :devilshades: (I only grew 3 plants over the summer but they were bigger than expected - my indoor ones won't get nearly as big).

It'll be interesting to watch the prices of dispensary weed, I imagine once the initial novelty wears off that most people will either grow their own plants, or go back to their dealers. (Why the hell would I pay $70~ for a 1/4 when I could get the same quality of weed for $40 from a 'dealer'?)

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

:wow:

Blue Dream is awesome, but that's just absurd. When I was going to the dispensary it was 3G/$20... same for Sour Diesel, Pink Kush, Romulan... I don't miss the dispensary at all though. I grew more over the summer than I'll be able to smoke before my next plants are ready; I've got a little Blueberry plant just starting to flower now and some Bubba plants that are just sprouts. When those are done I'm gonna try growing some 'auto flowering' plants. :devilshades: (I only grew 3 plants over the summer but they were bigger than expected - my indoor ones won't get nearly as big).

It'll be interesting to watch the prices of dispensary weed, I imagine once the initial novelty wears off that most people will either grow their own plants, or go back to their dealers. (Why the hell would I pay $70~ for a 1/4 when I could get the same quality of weed for $40 from a 'dealer'?)

The thing about dealers is that mine is now 2.5 hours late :lol: He owes me $10 so that may be a factor. Couldn't wait on my mail order - been without Sativa long enough!

The prices of legal weed here are ridiculous, but I can still get stuff with equal THC and CBD % then the over priced legend strains at a more reasonable price range so it's not the end of the world. It doesn't seem to make much sense. It's all too pricey though. My home grow is focoused on medical use and being as high in cbd's as I can manage. I am (still) doing CSA boxes that include tinctures. And the tinctures need to steep an additional 6 weeks. So I'm still getting my recreational buds from the marketplace.

I'm sure you are bang on about the dispensary prices being something to watch after the novelty wears off. Hopefully they will drop accordingly.

EDIT: Dealer finally arrived! (Don't "Eh buddy!" me when you're this late :lol:) And his Green Cush smells like a 50/50 blend of piss and bubble gum. Ordering new seeds now.

Edited by soon

1 hour ago, soon said:

The thing about dealers is that mine is now 2.5 hours late :lol: He owes me $10 so that may be a factor. Couldn't wait on my mail order - been without Sativa long enough!

The prices of legal weed here are ridiculous, but I can still get stuff with equal THC and CBD % then the over priced legend strains at a more reasonable price range so it's not the end of the world. It doesn't seem to make much sense. It's all too pricey though. My home grow is focoused on medical use and being as high in cbd's as I can manage. I am (still) doing CSA boxes that include tinctures. And the tinctures need to steep an additional 6 weeks. So I'm still getting my recreational buds from the marketplace.

I'm sure you are bang on about the dispensary prices being something to watch after the novelty wears off. Hopefully they will drop accordingly.

EDIT: Dealer finally arrived! (Don't "Eh buddy!" me when you're this late :lol:) And his Green Cush smells like a 50/50 blend of piss and bubble gum. Ordering new seeds now.

The store I used to buy seeds from is gonna stop selling them soon, so I've got a 'variety pack' of auto-flowering seeds. Those will be interesting, seeing them grow.

I used to get fantastic blueberry kush from my old dealer. But eventually I'll grow something that good myself... probably gonna take forever but, if I get a good indoor set-up that's probably what I'll try growing first. (my current indoor setup is quite simple/cheap). The last blueberry plant didn't do that great outside.

The only time I've bought a 1/4 from a dispensary is when they had 'Grizzly Purple Kush' for a little while, that was great but still not really worth the price. Otherwise it's always the 3-5G/$20 deals. They'll probably drop the price of flowers once the edibles come in and they start making more money off gummy bears tho :lol:

14 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

The store I used to buy seeds from is gonna stop selling them soon, so I've got a 'variety pack' of auto-flowering seeds. Those will be interesting, seeing them grow.

I used to get fantastic blueberry kush from my old dealer. But eventually I'll grow something that good myself... probably gonna take forever but, if I get a good indoor set-up that's probably what I'll try growing first. (my current indoor setup is quite simple/cheap). The last blueberry plant didn't do that great outside.

The only time I've bought a 1/4 from a dispensary is when they had 'Grizzly Purple Kush' for a little while, that was great but still not really worth the price. Otherwise it's always the 3-5G/$20 deals. They'll probably drop the price of flowers once the edibles come in and they start making more money off gummy bears tho :lol:

When we talk prices, I get cynical when hearing that your dispensary is gonna stop selling seeds. Because just buy their expensive stuff! A mix pack is cool for sure though. I'm not in the habit of grow space pics since mine existed pre-legalization, but if you're up for sharing, Id love to see the diversity in the mixed seeds once you get them started.

Huh, Blueberry Kush was the indica option my dealer had last night. Was hard to pass up. Yeah man, you got this! Sounds like you are way more adept then I was when I started. And you're using a simple rig its all the more impressive. If not already, I bet you'll be using the good ol' eye loupe to measure trichomes to pin point the exact right hour to harvest, before too long. :axl92: 

The Countries gonna go toppsy turvy when the gummies return! I know so many people who would love to try weed as long as its legal and they don't have to smoke. The prices on flower have got to give at some point. I do appreciate all the pros to legal - the packaging here keeps the weed so pristine and 'intact.' And the nerd part of me likes to know the clinically measured THC, CBD counts rather then simply being assured "this is really good shit!" :lol: But they must come down still.

7 hours ago, soon said:

When we talk prices, I get cynical when hearing that your dispensary is gonna stop selling seeds. Because just buy their expensive stuff! A mix pack is cool for sure though. I'm not in the habit of grow space pics since mine existed pre-legalization, but if you're up for sharing, Id love to see the diversity in the mixed seeds once you get them started.

Huh, Blueberry Kush was the indica option my dealer had last night. Was hard to pass up. Yeah man, you got this! Sounds like you are way more adept then I was when I started. And you're using a simple rig its all the more impressive. If not already, I bet you'll be using the good ol' eye loupe to measure trichomes to pin point the exact right hour to harvest, before too long. :axl92: 

The Countries gonna go toppsy turvy when the gummies return! I know so many people who would love to try weed as long as its legal and they don't have to smoke. The prices on flower have got to give at some point. I do appreciate all the pros to legal - the packaging here keeps the weed so pristine and 'intact.' And the nerd part of me likes to know the clinically measured THC, CBD counts rather then simply being assured "this is really good shit!" :lol: But they must come down still.

Actually the dispensary never sold seeds, I got them from a hydroponics place, they have some different brands of seeds and tons of books on growing. The brand I've got is 'Crop King', I'll probably grow a few outdoor and a few indoor (the auto-flowers seem ideal for outdoor growing as I won't have to cover them). I don't have an eye loupe, but I grew a 'test plant' under a 50W light over the summer and gave some bud to a friend, he took some pictures through an eye loupe, I'll see if I can find them.

And yea, there's definitely some pro's to the legal stuff, especially the concentrates, but if one of the goals was to eliminate 'black market sellers' then they've done a poor job by price-gouging new consumers.