Any artists here?

Apollo

I love doing cut and paste with construction paper. And Im slowly getting into paper making and plan to get good at using natural, homemade dyes. So far I just give them as gifts, but look forward to finding my statement with it and floating it out into the world. Perhaps in narrative works.

I wanted so badly to be good at water colour and pastels. I gave a good effort at watercolour for a few years and just sucked. I do music, too.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

@soon Plesse post some photos, or PM me a link if you have any work online! 

Oh, thanks for asking :) I dont think I have anything worthy of being shared with me at the moment- I give all the good stuff away. I really should be taking pictures and also posting if I wanna get serious though.

I will post here and tag you when I have something

• Thanks 1

The MC bit was obviously a joke, but to respond seriously... I've been playing guitar since I was 11, started writing songs at about 14, played in several bands for most of my 20s, and after a couple of years of not being too active in music I've started playing in a band again recently. I also enjoy long walks on the beach.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

You are so smug you believe you are superior to mother nature haha

Evolution is flawed. Recently we created a bacterium that produces a product that is going to be used to treat ovarian cancer. Smug like a god. 

Edited by SoulMonster
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jabberwocky said:

I'm a musician and I make music videos, short films, and am making a psychedelic horror web series.

Post a short film or music vidoe? I've seen a few including one that iirc is from your series and they're awesome!

Edited by soon
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, soon said:

Post a short film or music vidoe? I've seen a few including one that iirc is from your series and they're awesome!

Here's the first music video I ever did

This is my latest short film

and just for good measure Episode 2 of the web series

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

16 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Evolution is flawed. Recently we created a bacterium that produces a product that is going to be used to treat ovarian cancer. Smug like a god. 

I was proceeding to say, ''you are so smug you believe you are superior to mother nature or god haha'' but was slightly concerned the addition of the latter would trigger thirty pages of tedium on the subject of ''theisms'' so just chose the ''mother nature'' option.

2 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I write, a great deal, fiction, plays...to me you ain’t a writer until you get a commision, a writer that ain’t publushed dont exist.

I knew it!  Haha!  Don't ask me how, but I knew you'd be into writing.  I also wonder about @RONIN...he strikes me as the writer type.  

In my opinion, you're a writer, even if you aren't published.  Once you're published, you're an author.  ;)

Have you ever tried to get your work published?

• Like 2

Is a painter who paints pictures not an artist unless she/he exhibited or sold anything? What would Van Gogh say about that.

I think the art that person is doing is there. It needs to get published but sometimes that’s not entirely up to you.

Most of Schubert's great masterpieces including the 8th and the 9th were never published during his lifetime but found posthumously in the cupboards and lofts by friends and musicologists (including Arthur Sullivan, of Gilbert and Sullivan fame).