Axl, Slash and Duff live on stage with Foo Fighters

3 minutes ago, cqleonardo said:

to me the only thing they have to get rid of is Frank.... I'm okay with Dizzy and Melissa

I like Frank, but they should hire Josh Freese (he has worked with both Axl and Slash in the past) or Bryan Mantia. 

Edited by Sosso

8 minutes ago, Sosso said:

I like Frank, but they should hire Josh Freese (he has worked with both Axl and Slash in the past) or Bryan Mantia. 

yup, I'm all in for both, amazing drummers... I really wanted Matt back, I know its a long shot but would be perfection

1 minute ago, cqleonardo said:

yup, I'm all in for both, amazing drummers... I really wanted Matt back, I know its a long shot but would be perfection

Matt would be good to revive some of the UYI nostalgia. I'm really curious to see them with Josh Freese, because he never had the chance to be on tour with GN'R.

33 minutes ago, cqleonardo said:

to me the only thing they have to get rid of is Frank.... I'm okay with Dizzy and Melissa

After this Idont really think the problem is any of the keys, did you guys notice a fellow that seems to be doing the so called sub bass? It didnt affect the rawness of the performance. 

Whats left to blame? Frank. 

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

You say that knowing that the Foo Fighters have been through just about as many lineup changes as GN'R, right?

But they weren't? They're the same band since 2000. They jusy added Pat Smear several years ago. Writing 7 albums and touring constantly together will make you a proper band

16 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

my comments: 

Rare sighting of Slash’s eyes at 2:17...almost lost his sunglasses! We see him without a top hat and almost got to see him with no glasses! Nuts

the quick screen shots were great! Added energy and seeing Axl in a bandana with them is incredible 

great choice of song, high energy great vocals and fun

it never gets old seeing Axl bring the audience to a frenzy when he shows up! Way cool

Whoever is making the multi-cam please somehow combine the vibe and freezy of this audio with a clearer version of Axl's vocals...as the crowd singing in this one is amazing !!

1 minute ago, angriestwhopper said:

I would care a lot more if they had done a Foo Fighters song.

All my life would be perfect.

Going on stage to play your own songs is abit sad. They are pussies

It was probably a spontaneous decision from them to show up.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

You say that knowing that the Foo Fighters have been through just about as many lineup changes as GN'R, right?

No way. The Foo Fighters have the same lineup since 1999, except Pat Smear re-joined the band in 2005 (after quitting in 1997) and their keyboard player became an official member a couple of years ago.

59 minutes ago, EvanG said:

No way. The Foo Fighters have the same lineup since 1999, except Pat Smear re-joined the band in 2005 (after quitting in 1997) and their keyboard player became an official member a couple of years ago.

Right. I'm talking about their whole history, not just since 1999. I'm not saying it's exactly like GN'R, but it's not all that different either. It's Dave and several different people he's hired to be the Foo Fighters. The latest version is just the most stable is all.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, PopcornAdler said:

Gawd Damn Taylor crushes that song, those last 4 rolls wow. whoa! Even axl said "fucking great".....

I think he meant the whole experience was ‘fucking great’.

But yeah, the drums were good. And I like Frank’s work.

1 hour ago, Lies They Tell said:

That's the thing, In my personal opinion Frank would sound much better, if he was free to play the songs the way Frank would play them, instead of trying to be somewhat faithful to the original versions. But we all know that people would slaughter him here, even more than now, if he would actually make the songs his own.

When you're a GNR drummer, you can't win, unless you're Steven or Matt. 

When you read these forums, the biggest complaint towards Frank is always the tempo (which isn't his fault) and that he doesn't play the songs faithfully enough compared to the originals. That's why it's so silly to see people praising Taylor's drumming, when he plays the song waaaay faster than Frank and he's not faithful to the original version at all. Frank plays it much more faithfully. If Taylor was the drummer of GNR there's no way people would accept that kind of drumming. He would be called the worst drummer of all times etc...

It all comes down to this. Some people won't accept anyone else but Adler or maybe Matt as the drummer of GNR. Who ever is the replacement, they want him out and they want Adler instead. Their hate towards the drummer, who ever it is, becomes so strong and irrational that they genuinely start believing that anyone would be a better drummer than the current one. If he plays the songs faithfully, then he has no feeling. If he plays the songs his own way, then he butchers the songs. It doesn't matter how he plays, other people always play the songs better. Until that other person becomes the official drummer of GNR. Then he becomes the worst drummer of all times and the past drummer will be remembered fondly. Who ever is the current drummer is always the worst. In the end only Adler could ever become a fully accepted drummer of GNR. I have a feeling that even Matt would get a lot of hate in here. Gilby also. Some people won't be satisfied before Steven and Izzy are back in the band. Everyone else is the worst musician of all times if they're a drummer or a rhytm guitarist of GNR. Today even DJ Ashba would probably be remembered fondly, if he was replaced by anyone else but Slash, cause if it was anyone else, he would now be the worst lead guitarist of all times according to many people here.

Well, that's the impression that I get when I read this forum. Of course there's individuals here with different tastes. This isn't directed to anyone specifically. I'm sure that some genuinely don't like Frank's playing, but many seem to have just jumped into the Frank hating bandwagon without actually even knowing what they dislike about him, except the fact that he isn't Steven or Matt.

Wait... you mean that's Franks attempt to play the songs "somewhat faithful to the original versions"?

He must be way worse than I thought then

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Right. I'm talking about their whole history, not just since 1999. I'm not saying it's exactly like GN'R, but it's not all that different either. It's Dave and several different people he's hired to be the Foo Fighters. The latest version is just the most stable is all.

I know, but since 1995 they've had two people leaving the band (with one of them returning 8 years later) and one person being fired, that all happened in the first four years of them being a band, and since 1999 no one has left the band anymore. That's hardly the same as GnR's situation where I don't even know how many people left or were fired. Just saying.

22 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Wait... you mean that's Franks attempt to play the songs "somewhat faithful to the original versions"?

He must be way worse than I thought then

Last year in Finland Frank's fresh sounding drumming was described as the best part of the show in the press

• Like 1