Axl, Slash and Duff live on stage with Foo Fighters

I'd take lively and kickass drums over stupid video animations and pyro any day. This sounds so good it's unreal.

Someone please make a collection of Axl singing without click drums (this, AC/DC, Steven) and show that to him. It's so obvious the music sounds best when done like this and the people just love it. So why don't they just give us the best music instead of this "production"? They all still got it, just let lose and bring it out.

They could just have a naked stage with some light and without any screens and pyros, if the music sounds like this I'd be perfectly happy.

As for the drummer, they don't need to "steal" anyone. They have the best drummer for GnR available ready to kick ass - his name is Steven Adler. ;)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheGeneral said:

Can anybody understand what Dave said before Axl & Slash came out?

And how did he introduce them? 

+1, I'd like to know this as well.

Crowd's pretty pumped when Axl comes out! And without hat, even though from Meegan's IG you see it was not intentional, he had one on but it fell off.

Seeing GNR and Foo Fighters get along makes me happy! GNR and Nirvana are my all time favorite bands and Foo Fighters is probably my favorite current rock band next to GNR. This is especially nice, knowing their past feud. Awesome performance, but lol at the people who go bonkers when Axl sounds good and raspy on It's So Easy. A song he sounds good on every single time. :D

• Like 1

I also think it's funny how people constantly criticize Frank for playing songs too fast (which isn't even his fault. He's obviously been told to play them that way.)

Now when Taylor Hawkins plays It's So Easy with a MUCH faster tempo than it's supposed to be played, suddenly Frank should take lessons from him. :blink:

Seriously people make up your mind! :lol:

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Lies They Tell said:

I also think it's funny how people constantly criticize Frank for playing songs too fast (which isn't even his fault. He's obviously been told to play them that way.)

Now when Taylor Hawkins plays It's So Easy with a MUCH faster tempo than it's supposed to be played, suddenly Frank should take lessons from him. :blink:

Seriously people make up your mind! :lol:

Yep. Threads like this are especially humorous for me to read :lol:

• Like 1

I wouldn't jump the Gun by saying his voice is back. Axl usually nails It's So Easy. One of the only songs he doesn't have trouble with!

On a positive note, this was one hell of a performance!

Also, even though I am no Foo fan, it's badass to see these guys have grown to respect one another after the bullshit also those years ago.

Taylor is a great drummer. Only natural that Dave wouldn't accept anything else, he is an awesome drummer himself. As for Taylor's version of ISO, it is very different from how Steven played it :D. But it is a high-energy version and I liked it. I have never criticised Frank, he is great, but if anything he somewhat lacks that high-octane approach to drumming

2 hours ago, TheGeneral said:

Actually he didn’t introduced them, he only introduced Duff..Before that he joked about bass solo or something like that.

2 hours ago, TheGeneral said:

He said their bass player doesn’t like doing solos, is there any bass players around who would like to do a solo - Duff wanders on stage - he says I’m Dave Grohl, nice to meet you to Duff :lol: then asks him to do a bass solo and Duff starts ISE. 

• Like 1