Ep. 71 - Copyright Democracy (feat. Ms. Metal & FransNRoses)

I haven't listened to the podcast yet, but to my understanding so far what seems to be targeted is: 1) Recent leaks, starting from the Saskatoon show, 2) youtube channels dedicated exclusively to the band that had posted material edited by themselves, like multicam live videos, cleaned bootlegs etc.

It doesn't seem to have something to do with the AFD box set, because the demos that are included in the box can still be found on other accounts on youtube. They also don't seem to be bothered with earlier leaked pro-shots (like the Ritz 87, which I think was the last leak before Saskatoon, and of course the other pro-shots that have been on yt forever) or with earlier leaked CD stuff.

42 minutes ago, saint_seiya said:

True, I've just been a fan for so long way before youtube and I remember downloading bootlegs through the hub and irc that its been soooo long.

I have you beat. I remember meeting a "friend of a friend of a friend" at an arcade in 1992 to buy the Stockholm Illusion bootleg for like $60 :lol:

Having said that, I've used YouTube to turn SO many other people on to GN'R over the years.

• Like 2

I had rather lost interest in/became annoyed with Guns N' Roses when the whole downloading/youtube thing had taken off but I would certainly see collecting VHS/CD bootlegs fueled my interest. There would have been nothing if you only had to rely on the official releases. The boots filled a vacuum. 

6 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

And what is that exactly?

An Artificial Intelligence takeover which operations are performed by servers, bots and other computer systems.

T22 reminded me of the T-800, T-1000 and T-5000, so I am figuring out this new "complainer" must be a bot or something :shrugs:

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, killuridols said:

An Artificial Intelligence takeover which operations are performed by servers, bots and other computer systems.

T22 reminded me of the T-800, T-1000 and T-5000, so I am figuring out this new "complainer" must be a bot or something :shrugs:

It took me a while to get it. It's obvious now that I'm not a big Terminator fan  :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

It took me a while to get it. It's obvious now that I'm not a big Terminator fan  :lol:

I'm sorry, I thought you were playing my game. I didn't mean to fool you :unsure:

Huge Terminator fan here and there's YCBM in the second one, plus Axl was building a robot once and its name started with a T as well.
Axl also wore a jersey with number 22 on the back.

I.am.a.genius.connecting.dots! :ph34r:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I'm sorry, I thought you were playing my game. I didn't mean to fool you :unsure:

Huge Terminator fan here and there's YCBM in the second one, plus Axl was building a robot once and its name started with a T as well.
Axl also wore a jersey with number 22 on the back.

No, it's okay, lol.

I had watched the first and the second Terminator back in the day. I thought they were fan but no more than that and haven't happened to watch them since.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Trin9498 said:

If it’s not the band ( and it would be pretty ridiculous if it was ) anyone that would go out of their way to block videos on internet needs help....big time....like intervention help 

needs help ? i'd say someone that sets up multiple forum accounts so they can log in to 2 of them and have an online conversation with themselves needs serious help 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, wasted said:

You obviously don’t know me very well. 

I think the internet played a role to keep the embers alive of fans who didn’t have much to shout about. 

Yes@Wasted i know very well you, i'm like read you posts ,i know you sarcasm  ,sense of humour and that you love the discussion in good sense , i enjoy read you posts ,agree the Internet keep the embers alive, this is that i try said.

Everything started with the Saskatoon bootleg and the “Paris Incident”. After that, the leaks made all even worse.

I personally don’t think Team Brazil is behind this, but they should definitely adress this. For me, it’s just the retarded trio we all know but can’t name. It’s just too obvious. Those YouTube accounts are clearly fake.

EDIT: it can’t be TB because we’ve had PLENTY of leaks and demos on YouTube an nothing happened. Could be Universal, but my opinion is stated above

Edited by GNRfanMILO

4 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Huh? Plenty of "true gnr fans" have been made because of YouTube. 

Big part of why I'm the way I am about the band. Same with the 2006 amd 2008 leaks

4 hours ago, saint_seiya said:

. If you are a true gnr fan then you don't get your stuff from youtube, just sayin...

Get the fuck outta here

Just sayin...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, saint_seiya said:

If you are a true gnr fan then you don't get your stuff from youtube, just sayin...

The only reason why I became a hardcore GNR fan was because of youtube.

If it wasn't for young-me waiting 3 hours for a horribly pixelated video of Nightrain from The Ritz to buffer via shitty AOL dial up, I probably wouldn't be here

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ratam said:

Yes@Wasted i know very well you, i'm like read you posts ,i know you sarcasm  ,sense of humour and that you love the discussion in good sense , i enjoy read you posts ,agree the Internet keep the embers alive, this is that i try said.

For some fans especially who want to follow closely. Maybe too closely, but that is part of being a big band. 

But there are fans not on internet who came back to stadiums for the lineup. And a bumch of merch. Merch fans, I wonder who they are. 

And new fans, the internet must have made new fans via each social media. Facebook fans are different to Instagram fans. Whoever follows Dizzy on Instagram have s dog walking job. 

Edited by wasted

5 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Everything started with the Saskatoon bootleg and the “Paris Incident”. After that, the leaks made all even worse.

I personally don’t think Team Brazil is behind this, but they should definitely adress this. For me, it’s just the retarded trio we all know but can’t name. It’s just too obvious. Those YouTube accounts are clearly fake.

EDIT: it can’t be TB because we’ve had PLENTY of leaks and demos on YouTube an nothing happened. Could be Universal, but my opinion is stated above

I agree, just with one little correction. when this shitstorm became too intense and channels began being taken down, some people realised that they have been getting the strikes for some months already, so it's not that it was zero and then it all started at some point. it only accelerated since the Saska/Paris events, shit hit the fan and some mentally sick people got the switch in their heads set to full cyberbully mode.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, wasted said:

For some fans especially who want to follow closely. Maybe too closely, but that is part of being a big band. 

But there are fans not on internet who came back to stadiums for the lineup. And a bumch of merch. Merch fans, I wonder who they are. 

And new fans, the internet must have made new fans via each social media. Facebook fans are different to Instagram fans. Whoever follows Dizzy on Instagram have s dog walking job. 

Sure , not all what fill stadiums follow they for Internet, but although if be in a minimun part ,Almost all new generations of fans know they thanks the Internet, people what maybe not follow regularly they for social media ,before attend a show look in Youtoube to know what they will attend , can't undestimate the help these social media in help of GNR name , the videos are powerful tool, November Rain only one have almost billon views.

41 minutes ago, Ratam said:

Sure , not all what fill stadiums follow they for Internet, but although if be in a minimun part ,Almost all new generations of fans know they thanks the Internet, people what maybe not follow regularly they for social media ,before attend a show look in Youtoube to know what they will attend , can't undestimate the help these social media in help of GNR name , the videos are powerful tool, November Rain only one have almost billon views.

So you think it’s, if not unfair, unwise to shut down these avenues to discover and enjoy GNR? 

Only reason I see is to try to move boxsets of a dead format like vinyl or cds. Maybe the band should explore ways in set up a multi media hub for all the social media content. 

3 hours ago, wasted said:

So you think it’s, if not unfair, unwise to shut down these avenues to discover and enjoy GNR? 

Only reason I see is to try to move boxsets of a dead format like vinyl or cds. Maybe the band should explore ways in set up a multi media hub for all the social media content. 

I have serios doubts this shot down is of the band , but too is weird this be in this precise moment about promove the box set...GNR silence don't help to we think wathever....