Guns now featured on interscope.com

1 hour ago, default_ said:

Thats their label and they never had a page over there. A page now might be related to a current or future release, or nothing at all. 

Its cool to point it out as this is a Guns N' Roses Discussion & News forum. 

Agreed.. Some people are such dickheads...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, default_ said:

Thats their label and they never had a page over there. A page now might be related to a current or future release, or nothing at all. 

Its cool to point it out as this is a Guns N' Roses Discussion & News forum. 

I always thought that Geffen/Black Frog were GN'Rs labels?

3 hours ago, Sosso said:

I always thought that Geffen/Black Frog were GN'Rs labels?

Interscope (the holding company) owns Geffen, Interscope Records, and A&M as imprints. The page we're seeing is the umbrella page for Interscope. Guns' label is probably still Geffen. Geffen's records are distrbuted by Interscope. What one has to understand is that Geffen was bought by MCA in 90, David Geffen left in 95, and then it was bought by Universal in '99 and absorbed into Interscope. It was once, prior to 99, one of the biggest and most powerful record companies on the planet; now it is just a brand name with artists releasing records under the brand.

37 minutes ago, YourMother'sDruthers said:

This can only mean one thing. Greatest hits 2 - the greatest of greatest hits 1! Featuring a guns n roses keychain signed by Frank! 100 bucks and it can all be yours.

Bingo. It'll probably include a few of those awful CD "remixes" or old demos like Crash Diet - "GnR Greatest Hits featuring rare remixes and and unreleased songs"

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, RONIN said:

Bingo. It'll probably include a few of those awful CD "remixes" or old demos like Crash Diet - "GnR Greatest Hits featuring rare remixes and and unreleased songs"

I hope it will be sold in a faux-leather cabinet, complete with an embossed dolphin face and wrapped in a banana yellow towel.

• Haha 2

I'm not suggesting anything here. But recently Duff said on twitter he could 'do both' when someone asked to stop tweeting and work on new GNR music.
Fernando came here few days ago claiming he was sure 'there will be' new GNR music (even though this sounded a bit vague/uncertain when I first read it).
That could be something. But with the recent events coming from this band I'm not really hyped up at all. If it happens, it happens.

• GNFNR 1

If we are lucky a new lp will be released November like past trends (lies, spagetti, live era and chinese). 

Then the shows in November/December and next year will be supporting the new album.

I am sure interscope had dropped Guns so they may have renegotiated a contract.

Interscope wouldnt be bothering adding guns back to their page if it didnt mean something new was in the works. They dont add just touring musicians on their record label page.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ezosk said:

I'm not suggesting anything here. But recently Duff said on twitter he could 'do both' when someone asked to stop tweeting and work on new GNR music.

People are reading too much into that. Whereas it's true that he can do both, there was nothing about his tweet that implied that he actually would.

• Like 2