GNR jumped the dolphin (finally)

21 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

Lord of the rings forum, huh? 

One Loot to rule them all, One Loot to find them,
One Loot to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them,

I see myself out... 

Loot... Boxset... you say... Lootbox? 

1 hour ago, zombux said:

this is more or less the state since RIR 2011 or maybe Bridge School Benefit 2012 at latest. now the whole thing only added some fake vintage retro nostalgia stuff on the top of the cake, and at least learned how to milk cash out of casuals. besides that, nothing much has really changed for the last 6 or 7 years actually.

Your schtick is getting old and boring. Time to come up with something new

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RageKage said:

Your schtick is getting old and boring. Time to come up with something new

I agree with you. for example, with some new music, or interview, or some competent action by whoever is currently competent in GNR camp (I'd expect probably nobody).

Just now, Len Cnut said:

I'd stick in a cheeky bid :lol:

Shitty quality but you get what you pay for 

And the payins real high price

When you’re ripping off ebayers

You realize this is the meaning of life

I got the Biro blues, Biro blues

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, wasted said:

Shitty quality but you get what you pay for 

And the payins real high price

When you’re ripping off ebayers

You realize this is the meaning of life

I got the Biro blues, Biro blues

I smell a Grammy man!  At least i think that's what it is!

43 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It is comedy. Nobody is sitting at their computer going, ''f*ck, sh*t, this band are garbage and I hate them'', i.e. in a negative frame of mind (I passed that stage years' ago). We come here because this stuff - the band, the fans, the social media - is too hilarious.

It is a soap opera.

We are probably having more fun than anybody.

Very much the definition of trolling.

On 8/2/2018 at 3:27 PM, killuridols said:

They are TOTALLY involved!

How anyone here, with a bit of maturity,  can think that these guys sit down and let others decide everything about $$$??
It is their work, it is their image, it is their music that's being cashed on and people here are so gullible to think that just because they are artists they don't care about how much money they make?

How many of you do not have a clue about what income you have monthly, yearly? How many of you do not know how much your patrimony is?

Unless you are a very irresponsible person, immature or 12 years old, there's no way in hell these guys (professional musicians in their mid-50s) are clueless about the businesses they are involved with!

Completely off subject, but I have no idea how much money I make.  My wife gets my paycheck and I get a generous allowance.  Keeps us from ever fighting about money and what I choose to spend mine on.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

1 minute ago, RONIN said:

Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. One can appreciate something even if it's in an ironic way.

Oh, I appreciate the soap opera of GN'R, even all the bad decisions and fuck ups. It's highly entertaining. But what that has got to do with trolling is beyond me. 

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

Trolling is leaving controversial comments to trigger a reaction, not laughing and ''taking the piss'' (as we say in England) at something.

technically, hardly any comment here is "controversial" and meant "to trigger a reaction". mostly it's just fans frustrated of nothing substantial happening, while being largely ignored by band's competents. so there's not much to do than having fun of the whole soap opera :)

• Like 2

Just now, EvanG said:

I think that ''taking the piss'' (as you say in England) can also be considered trolling.

Nope. 

To troll you presumably need a potential active ''opposition'', an ''enemy''. You are basically triggering people into arguments, turning them into opponents.

Taking the piss is often aimed at passive, even inanimate, targets. It also lacks something of the premeditated malice that trolling entails. Taking the piss is ubiquitous. You can buy a pint of milk and start taking the piss. 

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

Nope. 

To troll you presumably need a potential active ''opposition'', an ''enemy''. You are basically triggering people into arguments, turning them into opponents.

Taking the piss is often aimed at passive, even inanimate, targets. It also lacks something of the premeditated malice that trolling entails. Taking the piss is ubiquitous. You can buy a pint of milk and start taking the piss. 

Ok, then is making fun of someone online called cyberbullying? Then I guess a lot of people here are cyberbullying Guns N' Roses. Poor guys.

2 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Ok, then is making fun of someone online called cyberbullying? Then I guess a lot of people here are cyberbullying Guns N' Roses. Poor guys.

They're rather passive though. We are cyberbullying a vacuum. 

1 hour ago, RONIN said:

It cracks me up how each and every news item/update on the band is mercilessly pilloried here with contemptuous ridicule. I don't know if there's another band with a fanbase like this. :lol:

Since the Smashing Pumpkins 'reunion' I've been frequenting one of their fan forums, and it's crazy how much the people there hate Billy Corgan and everything he does or say gets ridiculed to such an extreme extent. He can't even post a message on instagram without half of the people there going ape shit. I stopped reading that forum. All the 'negative' people on here seem like choirboys in comparison to those people, I kid you not.