GNR jumped the dolphin (finally)

5 minutes ago, zigzagbigbag said:

because I prooved that I am one of the biggest fans worldwide?!?!?!

all you proved was to be a guy who likes to pour money into a sewer. 

oh, I meant... spending money for plastic fake junk :) so why not milking you even more - many people will fall for this :) 

1 minute ago, Wagszilla said:

I hear Kat got some really cool new Black and White filters. 

haha, yeah. I remember checking the "official social media updates" thread a few days ago, where somebody rejoiced that finally some black and white photos got out too!

I was thinking wtf... how does that make a difference when the pics were taken with a fucking digital camera?!?

Can't blame them for wanting to milk the people who had $1000 for something like this in the first place. There's gotta be more to be made there, just normal business psychology to be honest. Even selling just one picture for that price would be worth it for them, lol.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

1 hour ago, zigzagbigbag said:

I blame them for wanting to milk any fan at all! 

1k for the boxset was way to high, but arguable. The same goes for the price of the super deluxe set. EUR 260 for a picture print is nothing but outrageous. 

Apart from that, you don't know if people who bought the L&L box just "had" the money for that, like you said. Maybe some of them had to go a hard way, to "have" the money for a once in a lifetime package from the band they adore. 

GNR should go back to the Illusions-booklet and read their lyrics to this little song called "Get in the Ring". They blamed other people on a record (!) - this means in public - for ripping their fans off. 25 years later they do it themselves without turning red. 

"Well ... mmmh". 

Okay I'm gonna rephrase that - the people who spent $1000 for something like this.

There is no doubt many of them have enough money where it doesn't matter so it's a smart decision to target those people with an offer like this. Business 101, this boxset was basically the start of GNR turning into a brand machine like KISS with all sorts of ridiculous overpriced things being sold to hardcore fans, such as now this. I don't admire that one bit, but it's smart business wise because there is a lot of money hanging in the air in that market, already profitable as hell if only a few people take the offer.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

37 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Nice thread title!

There's not much left to enjoy about Guns these days. It's sad and pisses me off. It shouldn't, but it does. Duff, for example - punk as fuck? On a shirt with his name on it? And he agrees with something like this (topic)? It's disgusting, it just is. Fuck.

Those shirts are lame as fuck. Ugh. Always thought that at least Duff would be above that kind of shit, but no. He never seemed like a poser, but now, to me, he seems like the biggest poser of them all. I mean, "punk as fuck"? Get out of here.

Still dig the guy and love his musical contributions, though :headbang:

Edited by jekylhyde
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

They've targeted you because they've found out, putting this diplomatically, a big spender. 

They will target all of us within the next days because they see in all of us - putting this diplomatically -  big spenders. 

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Also, disturbingly, there is an implication that ''spending power'' determines ''level of fandom'' in that sentence. This is now how they see fans now: consumer groups to be exploited. More evidence that Guns N' Roses are more a brand than a band. 

This. 

20 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Ross Haflin sells his pictures individually for £ 520 each (lowest price for the smallest ones)

https://www.rosshalfin.com/fine-art-prints-1/?category=Guns+N+Roses

Probably it's a deal between Universal and him targeted to the big boxes market.

Most likely you’re right and this is a deal between UMG and Halfin looking to exploit a fan base who likes to spend on big ticket items. Prob part of the deal for his participation in the box set

Labels will do pretty much anything these days to drive revenue from other sources

Edited by guitarpatch
  • Like 1