GNR jumped the dolphin (finally)

Another thing that comes to my mind:

In the 90s GNR offered various sets of high quality Robert John UYI tour pics for a fair amount. I still got about 40 pieces at home and guess I paid 25 DM then, which is about 12$. 

Now you're paying 250$ for one pic. 

The pricing for all of this junk seems to break all known bounds. It is if they say, ''what is the highest price we can possible charge for that?'' and once the answer is given reply, ''triple it''. 

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, zigzagbigbag said:

Well, today I received an email in german by GNR/UMG which reads something like:

"Hi ____, you bought the L&L box and thereby prooved that you are one of the biggest GNR fans worldwide. As a thank you ...." (at this stage I was like 🎉) "we are happy to give you a preorder-possibility and a discount of 15% to one of 50 exclusive band photo prints of Ross Halfin"

I then clicked the button to the webshop and have to learn that these fuckers seriously charge EUR 260 for one fuckin picture ... this means a photo print!

GUNS N FUCKIN ROSES, here's  my answer:

PISS FUCKIN OFF!

I paid 1000 (in words: one thousand) euros for a box set and your are holding back one "exclusive" picture just to offer it to me one month later for another EUR 260 separately because I prooved that I am one of the biggest fans worldwide?!?!?! Oh, of course I forgot the discount. 

I am still shaking my head. Seriously, PISS FUCKIN OFF!

Enough is enough. 

Unbelievable.

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

The pricing for all of this junk seems to break all known bounds. It is if they say, ''what is the highest price we can charge for that'' and once the answer is given reply, ''triple it''. 

Everyone around them and including the band is cashing out on the situation. They’ve been circling like sharks waiting for this opportunity since 1996. One day that momentum will be gone and they will have to return back to earth where most bands on their level operate. Hopefully on a fan relationship level they haven’t squeezed it completely dry 

33 minutes ago, zigzagbigbag said:

thanks for link.

another thing why is there shitloads of t-shirts and merc on the german gnr website yet on the shitty uk one theres only the music sets and nothing else. !!!

once again uk peeps getting shafted .

surely have one eu shop for all. 

7 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

Everyone around them and including the band is cashing out on the situation. They’ve been circling like sharks waiting for this opportunity since 1996. One day that momentum will be gone and they will have to return back to earth where most bands on their level operate. Hopefully on a fan relationship level they haven’t squeezed it completely dry 

correct. they have been pushing Axl into the reunion for years, because everyone knew it would be a huge opportunity to milk insane amounts of cash off it.

2 minutes ago, zombux said:

what's that stuff from anyway? I probably didn't follow some moments very carefully...

I think it's a beer commercial Axl did in 2012. Probably it should be seen in the light of the rumour of his having financial issues at the time while still resisting to do the reunion.

7 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

But surely nobody can be buying this rubbish? That airline stuff: I wouldn't want that if somebody gave it to me!

You’d be surprised. The margin they make on that stuff is incredible so they keep pumping out different options until it detracts from itself. 

All you can do is limit what you consume and what you deem it’s all worth. I didn’t buy the box set nor the super deluxe. I did buy the 2 LP to enjoy the remaster, own 2 shirts, bought a litho and attended 2 shows in the nyc area on this tour. They got way more than enough from me and I’m happy with the experience from all of that. I’m not sure what else to expect in the reunion scenario 

If people want to spend more that’s on them and the band will keep going to them until they say no. That’s on them.  Doesn’t bother me one bit if people want to keep shelling out cash. 

9 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I think it's a beer commercial Axl did in 2012. Probably it should be seen in the light of the rumour of his having financial issues at the time while still resisting to do the reunion.

it actually seems to have come from June 2014 https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/axl-rose-makes-bizarre-cameo-in-beer-commercial-for-world-cup-46239/

right after the last "Ashba era" tour ended.

• Thanks 1