GNR jumped the dolphin (finally)

4 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Nope. 

To troll you presumably need a potential active ''opposition'', an ''enemy''. You are basically triggering people into arguments, turning them into opponents.

Taking the piss is often aimed at passive, even inanimate, targets. It also lacks something of the premeditated malice that trolling entails. Taking the piss is ubiquitous. You can buy a pint of milk and start taking the piss. 

I don’t believe you are trolling. But, the claim of you being negative is legitimate. Thy claim has been brought your attention so many times that it is now a part of your Internet personality. If a person consistently and frequently made negative statements about their job or spouse with the justification that “it’s true”, then it would be more than reasonable to ask why you stay in that situation. And the same applies to your comments on the band. Why stay here? You feed off it. That is why you are called a troll and why people question your presence in the GNR threads. Addtionally, you are part of a hive on this forum that’s takes its position and opinions as gospel. The hive feeds off you, you feed off them, smugly chuckle amongst yourselfs, and claim superiority to anyone who continues to express a genuine enthusiasm and love for GNR. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

I don’t believe you are trolling. But, the claim of you being negative is legitimate. Thy claim has been brought your attention so many times that it is now a part of your Internet personality. If a person consistently and frequently made negative statements about their job or spouse with the justification that “it’s true”, then it would be more than reasonable to ask why you stay in that situation. And the same applies to your comments on the band. Why stay here? You feed off it. That is why you are called a troll and why people question your presence in the GNR threads. Addtionally, you are part of a hive on this forum that’s takes its position and opinions as gospel. The hive feeds off you, you feed off them, smugly chuckle amongst yourselfs, and claim superiority to anyone who continues to express a genuine enthusiasm and love for GNR. 

Looks like I'm acquiring a fan club!

• Haha 1

I think being negative is entirely appropriate at this point. Lot of weird shit that shouldn't be going on with Guns is, and a lot of shit that should be going on doesn't seem to be. Hard to see how anyone who's really intetested would be neutral, never even mind positive. 

Edited by Waemoth
  • Like 1

Ironically I don't think I'm anywhere near as negative as some people. I very rarely enter the show threads. In those you often (initially) see enthusiastic posting by attendees get bogged down in setlist discussions and ''Mickey'' debates - I never get involved on discussions on ''Axl's voice'' as it does not interest me much!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, zigzagbigbag said:

My goodness, what the heck is wrong with you?!

I dont want to "eliminate" anybody. I just do wonder why some people spent their lifetime in a forum of a band they cannot stand for years. That makes no sense for me. If it does for those people, I am the last one who cares. 

Jesus ... 

oh, of course you don't want "eliminate" anyone!

where did i take that from?

i must be hallucinating!

sorry for that!

thanks to your reply i can see clearly now that all that you ever wanted to do was ask very nicely, in a positive and constructive way, for people that don't make sense to you to shut up and leave this fucking forum!

thank you so much for schooling me and clarifying the subject!

and for being so nice and positive while doing that!

you have no idea how positive and constructive it is to read such positive and constructive words in a Guns n Roses forum!

please never stop!

Its so GNR!

maxresdefault.jpg

"We wanna dedicate this song to the people that try to hold you back, the people that tell you how to live, people that tell you how to dress, people that tell you how to talk, people that tell you what you can say and what you can’t say," he says. "I personally don’t need that, I don’t need that s--- in my life. Those are the kind of people that have been getting me down. They make me feel like somebody, somebody out there is out to get me!”

• Haha 1

I'm not sure why people get so wound up about the Locked n Loaded box set, no-ones forcing anyone to fucking buy the thing! I'd understand if it was the only box set available and to access the music you'd have to part with alot of money, but it's not the only box set and all the material is downloadable.

9 minutes ago, Silverburst80 said:

I'm not sure why people get so wound up about the Locked n Loaded box set, no-ones forcing anyone to fucking buy the thing! I'd understand if it was the only box set available and to access the music you'd have to part with alot of money, but it's not the only box set and all the material is downloadable.

Exactly. 

28 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

A lot of online fans forget that there's a difference between calling like you see it and always being negative no matter what. 

You don't have to love EVERYTHING an artist does to be a fan no matter who tells you otherwise. 

And your level of "Fandom" is most certainly NOT decided by the amount of money you spend on art. Fandom really can't be measured in the first place and if it could be measured in some way, it probably wouldn't be in dollars spent. 

The point above is what the reason why this thread was started and the reason behind the sentiments in most of the posts within. Is @DieselDaisybeing negative here? Yep, sure is. However, how could he not be?? Fans of GNR who spent a grand got an email saying this makes them more of a fan than others which in turn qualifies them to spend every more money on GNR. If you can't see everything wrong with that, then I can't help you. 

Lastly, it's totally OK for you to have you own opinion on things. Opposing opinions should and do make the world go around. If we didn't have differing opinions here, it wouldn't continue to be the biggest and best GNR forum on the internet. 

The claim that the band is deserving of a negative viewpoint is false.The negativity of any fan is determined by the focus of their attention.  If it’s a box set or an email, no new music, etc. Well, whatever. There are multiple reasons to be positive or expesss joy about the current status of GNR. I hear certain members claim that this forum is the best GNR forum.  Being the best GNR forum surely isn’t much to be proud about if “GNR”, the subject of the forum, is so deserving of derision, disgust, and negativity. Opposing views and opinions are healthy for debate, but if a person spends years of their lifeforce verbally repeating variations of shitty comments over and over, then defending their position as a part of healthy debate is false. It’s negativity. It’s draining and pointless. But, fuck it, there is a 1000$ box set that literally affects not one single person on this forum, so let the comments continue because it’s the greatest godamn GNR forum on the internet! 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

The claim that the band is deserving of a negative viewpoint is false.The negativity of any fan is determined by the focus of their attention.  If it’s a box set or an email, no new music, etc. Well, whatever. There are multiple reasons to be positive or expesss joy about the current status of GNR. I hear certain members claim that this forum is the best GNR forum.  Being the best GNR forum surely isn’t much to be proud about if “GNR”, the subject of the forum, is so deserving of derision, disgust, and negativity. Opposing views and opinions are healthy for debate, but if a person spends years of their lifeforce verbally repeating variations of shitty comments over and over, then defending their position as a part of healthy debate is false. It’s negativity. It’s draining and pointless. But, fuck it, there is a 1000$ box set that literally affects not one single person on this forum, so let the comments continue because it’s the greatest godamn GNR forum on the internet! 

You missed the point entirely. 

This thread isn't about a $1000 boxed set. It's about how fans that already spent that $1000 have no been deamed "a big fan" and therefore they've earned the right to spend more.

As far as the forum goes, I think you find what you're looking for here. If you're looking for negative, that's all you'll find. If you're looking for positive, that's all you'll find. There's plenty from both sides here and yes, we're very proud to allow all of it.

• GNFNR 1

Everybody should interpret each news item according to its respective merits, not whether they are seen being ''positive'' (or for that matter ''negative'') - whatever that means? This boxset? I can only speak for myself but most of what I wrote on that boxset occurred during the actual unveiling of the thing in one single thread. I've only briefly mentioned it since, having downloaded  and listened to it.

How do you expect fans to respond to Guns N' Roses these days? What is the ''correct'' way?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Everybody should interpret each news item according to its respective merits, not whether they are seen being ''positive'' (or for that matter ''negative'') - whatever that means? This boxset? I can only speak for myself but most of what I wrote on that boxset occurred during the actual unveiling of the thing in one single thread. I've only briefly mentioned it since, having downloaded  and listened to it.

How do you expect fans to respond to Guns N' Roses these days? What is the ''correct'' way?

Show up at a show or don’t. 99% of the people who attend the shows don’t give spend an ounce of their time complaining at length about the band’s activities. Talking about TB or Fernando is absurd. Repeating the same opinions over and over again is non sensical. Most of the debates, arguments, and opinions expressed here have been going on for years. If you have nothing new to add then hit up another thread where your life experience and POV will allow you to add value.

• Like 1

On 8/3/2018 at 1:59 AM, RONIN said:

The more time that goes by, the more the nu-guns years feels like a complete travesty.

Lol. Seems a touch harsh IMHO. I think more like Halloween III. A different riff on a familiar theme... Lacking the popular formula (Slash/Michael Myers)- but not without its own cult following (myself included on both counts!). 

Edited by AXL_N_DIZZY
  • GNFNR 1

3 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Show up at a show or don’t. 99% of the people who attend the shows don’t give spend an ounce of their time complaining at length about the band’s activities. Talking about TB or Fernando is absurd. Repeating the same opinions over and over again is non sensical. Most of the debates, arguments, and opinions expressed here have been going on for years. If you have nothing new to add then hit up another thread where your life experience and POV will allow you to add value.

All of this is garbage if you believe it to have any pertinence to my posting.

This was the last time I ventured into a show thread, from about page 42 onwards. As I said, I rarely venture into show threads but occasionally do at the beginning of legs to see if the setlist has been altered,

And, having read that, you believe me to be the most negative here?

And as to the other stuff, we are all just acting to new events as they appear. Our replies we be either positive or negative according to the dictates of the event. 

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, RussTCB said:

The point above is what the reason why this thread was started and the reason behind the sentiments in most of the posts within. Is @DieselDaisybeing negative here? Yep, sure is. However, how could he not be??

How he could not be negative? Maybe he can't? Maybe it is some serious personality flaw? How would I know? But I know that I personally don't get all up in arms about the brand GN'R trying to squeeze the lemon, and I wouldn't be upset if someone actually thought it was good that the brand now has started with tiered marketing towards various consumer demographics to earn as much money as possible. I wouldn't personally agree (I find it kind of ruthless and I don't particularly like the mix of art and business), but I certainly wouldn't go so far as to imply that there is only one valid emotional response to it, which you just did. 

But the wider question is not whether it is okay to be negative (or positive), because the answer is obviously "Yes!!", but whether people who are negative should always express that negativity. What good comes from that? Is it conducive to a good discussion environment? You will probably say -- since you have done before -- that they are just being fans that care about the band. They sort of hate because they love. But Diesel has already admitted he stopped caring in 2012 and is here now just for the shits and giggles, so I don't think it really applies to him. It applies to some, many, yes, but not all, and it must be possible to distinguish between someone who is genuinely upset because he really cares from someone who just are having fun ("more fun than anyone") by being negative monomanics on a fan forum. 

6 hours ago, ludurigan said:

oh, of course you don't want "eliminate" anyone!

where did i take that from?

i must be hallucinating!

sorry for that!

thanks to your reply i can see clearly now that all that you ever wanted to do was ask very nicely, in a positive and constructive way, for people that don't make sense to you to shut up and leave this fucking forum!

thank you so much for schooling me and clarifying the subject!

and for being so nice and positive while doing that!

you have no idea how positive and constructive it is to read such positive and constructive words in a Guns n Roses forum!

please never stop!

Its so GNR!

maxresdefault.jpg

"We wanna dedicate this song to the people that try to hold you back, the people that tell you how to live, people that tell you how to dress, people that tell you how to talk, people that tell you what you can say and what you can’t say," he says. "I personally don’t need that, I don’t need that s--- in my life. Those are the kind of people that have been getting me down. They make me feel like somebody, somebody out there is out to get me!”

Thanks. You made my day 😂

If you are responding again, could you please do me a favor and once again create a screenshot of Axl which demonstrates how furious you are 😄 And please don't forget the corresponding lyrics. 😄

How about "I don't care about you"  

Dude, I love your sense of humor 😄 

I am really conflicted.  I LOVE that Slash and Duff are back in GNR, and to me this is the most that GNR has felt like GNR since 1994.  I dig this lineup and the shows I saw

But yeah a lot of the choices being made on the brand and business end of things are questionable and I can't help but guess that TB are mostly on that end of things rather than the big 3 themselves.

I don't dig the high prices for the Locked and Loaded set, the email about purchasing "exclusive" pictures, the cheesy ideas for high prices with some of the merch, while combining with that a total lack of true open communication with a fanbase that simply just wants to be further connected with a band we all love

Ironically, I was able to find things to like about even the most Mickey filled shows from the NITLT tour.  It is entirely the management and business decisions that are making me less enthusiastic

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 2

56 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

I am really conflicted.  I LOVE that Slash and Duff are back in GNR, and to me this is the most that GNR has felt like GNR since 1994.  I dig this lineup and the shows I saw

But yeah a lot of the choices being made on the brand and business end of things are questionable and I can't help but guess that TB are mostly on that end of things rather than the big 3 themselves.

I don't dig the high prices for the Locked and Loaded set, the email about purchasing "exclusive" pictures, the cheesy ideas for some of the merch, while combining with that a total lack of true open communication with a fanbase that simply just wants to be further connected with a band we all love

Ironically, I was able to find things to like about even the most Mickey filled shows from the NITLT tour.  It is entirely the management and business decisions that are making me less enthusiastic

How does the business decision making process effect you?. Are you a share holder, is it your ideas or brand?. and does the GNR brand pay your rent or support your family?.

Again the notion that the big 3 are children and as adults can't make decisions for themselves. 

Last time a checked the big 3 were all in their 50s.

These guys can do what they want, when they want with out the permission of a very small minority of fans on a fan forum. 

I do not understand why any person would care about how a band or the management team operates. 

What these people do or don't do has no effect on my life, me paying off my mortgage or providing for my family.

I would suggest the same thing applies to the big 3 and TB.

This belief amongst the fans that the band and or management owe us a reason for everything that they do or perceived to have done is why the band, its members and management act the way they do.

A manager of the band come to this forum and was happy to interact with members and be part of this forum. 

A few weeks later and to this day that manager and his management company are belittled and accused of not acting in the best interests of the fans even though their job is to act in the best interests of Axl, Slash, Duff and the other members of the band to ensure a successfull reunion tour.

To date they have done their job.

Edited by kiwiguns

31 minutes ago, kiwiguns said:

How does the business decision making process effect you?. Are you a share holder, is it your ideas or brand?. and does the GNR brand pay your rent or support your family?.

In that case I guess none of us should ever criticize anything managers do, and just not say anything because we are not share holders?  I simply disagree with some of the things they are doing.  I listed those things above so I won't repeat myself, but I definitely feel like there are things that could be done differently or things that should or should have have been done.

Again the notion that the big 3 are children and as adults can't make decisions for themselves. 

When did I say that though?  That is quite the misrepresentation of the meaning behind that.  It is just simply industry stuff, to be blind to the delegation of branding such as T-shirts or even potentially the pricing of the boxset, would be turning a blind eye to how the industry world.  Delegation happens

What these people do or don't do has no effect on my life, me paying off my mortgage or providing for my family.

So unless something directly effects our mortgage, we should never care about it enough to comment on it?   In that case, with no offense meant by this, why care so much that people have an opinion of TB that does not line up with yours?  

This believe amongst the fans that the band and or management owe us a reason for everything 

I never said they owe us a reason for everything.  However, that doesn't stop me from question their reasoning behind certain things they do though.  I disagree with a lot of things that are happening in GNR land

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I take it some people on here have never followed a sports team haha?

Slagging off the management, ownership, players, even the stadium/facilities - everything - is par course. 

I would extend to argument to people who spend their time being negative on a football forum for a team they stopped caring about in 2012, too.