Disney land and Disney World

dontdamnmeuyi2015

Okay, for the first time ever, both Disney World and Disney Land are now serving alcohol. Let the fun begin!

Where's my kids? lol I think I lost them again.

Okay, tell me why you would want to drink in a theme when you're supposed to be having fun with your family?

I don't get it. I mean yeah, if you have a bunch of kids, it can be stressful in theme parks, but you know this before you go there!

I remember taking my daughter to a Sesame Street show and they were serving alcohol! I thought how stupid it was because as parents we take our kids places to enjoy our time with them. If you need a drink during the day to spend time with your kids, something is wrong with you.

I'm sorry, but I don't think serving alcohol in the Disney parks is going to help. I bet there will be plenty of law suits especially if someone gets hurt on those rides. Have you been on the Haunted Mansion ride? you have to practically jump to get into the moving car. lol

I guess it's just to make more money. It's always about the money.

• Like 2

Disney World has served alcohol for years...and lots of it.  The only park in Disney World that didn't serve alcohol was Magic Kingdom....but other parks, like Epcot, are even known for it....Food & Wine Festival is one of the biggest events there every year...and yes, people tour the "World" there and try different foods, beer & wine from every "country" there.

18 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

Disney World has served alcohol for years...and lots of it.  The only park in Disney World that didn't serve alcohol was Magic Kingdom....but other parks, like Epcot, are even known for it....Food & Wine Festival is one of the biggest events there every year...and yes, people tour the "World" there and try different foods, beer & wine from every "country" there.

Yeah in Epcot, but I don't think it was the theme park. Anyway, some jerk will get drunk and lose their kid and sue.

18 hours ago, Lio said:

Pretty sure all theme parks here serve alcohol. Doesn't mean you have to get hammered when you're there with your kids or when you're doing rollercoasters. Some common sense is expected. :shrugs:

lol have you seen how crowded the lines are these days for the Disney attractions. Most people now are either on their phones or I pads, so mix alcohol with it and here we go!

I just feel that when you go somewhere with your kids, drinking shouldn't be included in your having fun. That should be left to an adult being with adults.

Kids need tons of attention and parents should give it to them and enjoy the time with their kids.

Then when the kids are in bed you can have some adult fun and drink all you want. lol

22 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Okay, for the first time ever, both Disney World and Disney Land are now serving alcohol. Let the fun begin!

Where's my kids? lol I think I lost them again.

Okay, tell me why you would want to drink in a theme when you're supposed to be having fun with your family?

I don't get it. I mean yeah, if you have a bunch of kids, it can be stressful in theme parks, but you know this before you go there!

I remember taking my daughter to a Sesame Street show and they were serving alcohol! I thought how stupid it was because as parents we take our kids places to enjoy our time with them. If you need a drink during the day to spend time with your kids, something is wrong with you.

I'm sorry, but I don't think serving alcohol in the Disney parks is going to help. I bet there will be plenty of law suits especially if someone gets hurt on those rides. Have you been on the Haunted Mansion ride? you have to practically jump to get into the moving car. lol

I guess it's just to make more money. It's always about the money.

One of the larges theme parks in The Netherlands is called "De Efteling". And it's magnificent. I absolutely love it. It's a fairytale world come to life and I can't wait to take my daughter there for the first time. One section of the park is called The People Of Laaf. It's a land of small leprechaun-like creatures with little houses and what not. They seem to be the kind of creatures that enjoy life to the fullest. It used to have a little cafe in the middle that served Laafse Lurk. A beer that the creatures brewed. In reality it came from a local brewery and was made especially for the park. It was a dark beer that came in glasses with round bottoms. All the tables there had holes in them to put your glass in to keep it from falling down. And it was absolutely awesome. It added to the creatures attitude to life and you could take part in it. 

The thing is, this all depends fully on your guests. When handled responsibly it can be really nice. When people feel the need to get drunk off it, they need to get banned for life. This is similar. I'm all for enjoying a drink responsibly and it shouldn't do much harm. If mountain huts in the Alps on the verge of deep ridges and ravines can serve beer, so should a theme park. I believe in people taking responsibility for their own actions and I believe in punishment for those who can't seem to do that. On the ticket you can easily print some stuff about the park not being responsible for any harm that might come to you as a result of excessive alcohol consumption.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, username said:

One of the larges theme parks in The Netherlands is called "De Efteling". And it's magnificent. I absolutely love it. It's a fairytale world come to life and I can't wait to take my daughter there for the first time. One section of the park is called The People Of Laaf. It's a land of small leprechaun-like creatures with little houses and what not. They seem to be the kind of creatures that enjoy life to the fullest. It used to have a little cafe in the middle that served Laafse Lurk. A beer that the creatures brewed. In reality it came from a local brewery and was made especially for the park. It was a dark beer that came in glasses with round bottoms. All the tables there had holes in them to put your glass in to keep it from falling down. And it was absolutely awesome. It added to the creatures attitude to life and you could take part in it. 

The thing is, this all depends fully on your guests. When handled responsibly it can be really nice. When people feel the need to get drunk off it, they need to get banned for life. This is similar. I'm all for enjoying a drink responsibly and it shouldn't do much harm. If mountain huts in the Alps on the verge of deep ridges and ravines can serve beer, so should a theme park. I believe in people taking responsibility for their own actions and I believe in punishment for those who can't seem to do that. On the ticket you can easily print some stuff about the park not being responsible for any harm that might come to you as a result of excessive alcohol consumption.

I agree completely! If I drink one glass, I can take as much care of my daughter as when I'm having a water. It's not as if I'm ignoring or neglecting her then. It's our drinking culture, I think :)

As a kid of parents who hated theme parks, I was 24 when I first visited Efteling. Since my daughter was 2.5 years old, we've been visiting Efteling and staying for three days every year. Every year something to look forward too. The first years, it was mainly Sprookjesbos, now we're doing mostly rollercoasters and other exciting rides. Love, love, love Efteling! I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time once you start taking your daughter there :heart:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lio said:

I agree completely! If I drink one glass, I can take as much care of my daughter as when I'm having a water. It's not as if I'm ignoring or neglecting her then. It's our drinking culture, I think :)

I wouldn't expect anything less of a woman born into a beer-culture like yours. :lol: 

1 minute ago, Lio said:

As a kid of parents who hated theme parks, I was 24 when I first visited Efteling. Since my daughter was 2.5 years old, we've been visiting Efteling and staying for three days every year. Every year something to look forward too. The first years, it was mainly Sprookjesbos, now we're doing mostly rollercoasters and other exciting rides. Love, love, love Efteling! I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time once you start taking your daughter there :heart:

Sounds really great! Can't wait! ^_^ We could take her to sprookjesbos by now (she's 1,5), but it's a long drive from Groningen so it's not really worth the drive yet. We'll give it another a year or so. :) 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, username said:

I wouldn't expect anything less of a woman born into a beer-culture like yours. :lol: 

Sounds really great! Can't wait! ^_^ We could take her to sprookjesbos by now (she's 1,5), but it's a long drive from Groningen so it's not really worth the drive yet. We'll give it another a year or so. :) 

Yeah, 1.5 is very young. When you start going, don't forget the pic on the toadstools (is that the word?) every year. Very corny and cliché, but still fun :lol:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Yeah in Epcot, but I don't think it was the theme park. Anyway, some jerk will get drunk and lose their kid and sue.

lol have you seen how crowded the lines are these days for the Disney attractions. Most people now are either on their phones or I pads, so mix alcohol with it and here we go!

I just feel that when you go somewhere with your kids, drinking shouldn't be included in your having fun. That should be left to an adult being with adults.

Kids need tons of attention and parents should give it to them and enjoy the time with their kids.

Then when the kids are in bed you can have some adult fun and drink all you want. lol

All the Disney World parks other than Magic Kingdom have served alcohol for years.  And it can be fun to drink at the parks....just don't get wasted to the point of looking like a fool...lol.  

On another note, Busch Gardens Tampa actually gives all their guests that are over 21 two free beers with every admission....and they have beer/liquor stands about every 50 feet in the park.  Fun park to go to with adults.

3 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

All the Disney World parks other than Magic Kingdom have served alcohol for years.  And it can be fun to drink at the parks....just don't get wasted to the point of looking like a fool...lol.  

On another note, Busch Gardens Tampa actually gives all their guests that are over 21 two free beers with every admission....and they have beer/liquor stands about every 50 feet in the park.  Fun park to go to with adults.

I might be going to Florida for my honeymoon.

Good to know about Busch Gardens, thanks. 

She wants to go to Disney. I really wouldn't recommend it. The lines are unacceptable.

How are Busch's attractions?

I went to the one in Virginia (Busch Gardens) and all i remember was the miserable heat. (also a coaster called The Big Bad Wolf which i see they shut down in 09 :()

I'd like to go back to Disney. Trying to remember if i went pre-9/11 or after (I think it was that July prior). I have vague memories of Space Mountain and The Rock N Rollercoaster.

Edited by -W.A.R-

10 hours ago, arnold layne said:

I might be going to Florida for my honeymoon.

Good to know about Busch Gardens, thanks. 

She wants to go to Disney. I really wouldn't recommend it. The lines are unacceptable.

How are Busch's attractions?

Busch Gardens Tampa is probably best park for adults, imo.  Other than the fact that drinking is "normal" there....they have the most roller coasters out of any Florida park....best thrill rides by a mile.  They also have a ton of animals....basically a zoo/safari within the park. 

Edited by Kasanova King

9 hours ago, -W.A.R- said:

I went to the one in Virginia (Busch Gardens) and all i remember was the miserable heat. (also a coaster called The Big Bad Wolf which i see they shut down in 09 :()

I'd like to go back to Disney. Trying to remember if i went pre-9/11 or after (I think it was that July prior). I have vague memories of Space Mountain and The Rock N Rollercoaster.

Disney is Disney....so it never gets old...even for adults.  The attention to detail at the Disney Parks is amazing.  The new Pandora ride at Animal Kingdom is among the best rides I've ever been on ...and I've been on just about every amusement park ride in Orlando/Tampa about 20 times.

Edited by Kasanova King

13 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

That was Michael Jackson's favourite place. He loved going to Tampa with the kids. :lol: 

• Haha 3