No Holds Barred Thread - Post Anything That Is On Your Mind, Even the Politically Incorrect!

Ace Nova

8 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

You are not sure how "WW1 was to restructure economic powers to be more in line with Industrialized Capitalism" is at odd with "the causes of The Great War are surely multi-faceted and can not be reduced down to the economic, a breakdown in European diplomacy being a primary reason"? 

Okay :lol:

You can keep stating your confusion. You just cant attribute it to me. Certainly not by putting a sentence that I posted next to a sentence that Dies posted :facepalm::lol:

14 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I made a helpful chart.

2vbl9cj.png

Charming. If Ive said it once, Ive said it a million times: jokes are funnier if they involve graphs.

What got a rise out of me though was how you've here made clear that you dont understand that military imperialism has one main purpose which is to restructure economic powers. :lol:

The Leninist line was that World War One was a bourgeois war, fought between fratricidal proletariats at the bourgeois' (and Junkers) behest. Lenin believed that the entente bourgeois governments aimed to ''ruin a competing nation (Germany) which has displayed a more rapid rate of economic development''. Conversely, he believed Germany had deluded her working classes through a stream of rhetoric and chauvinism to wage a war against Tsarist reactionism. This is very much a Leninist line and would not obtain much credence among mainstream academics, even ones who focus on economics. 

1 hour ago, soon said:

What got a rise out of me though was how you've here made clear that you dont understand that military imperialism has one main purpose which is to restructure economic powers. :lol:

Imperialism is usually meant to include attempts to gain military, political, cultural or economic control over another region. Conflating this to only be about economy is something that fortunately only come natural to extreme left-wing radicals who - like those who are only equipped with a hammer tend to see every problem as a nail - hilariously think Capitalism (with a capital C, naturally) is the root to all evil. Even to the extent of believing capitalism was the main force behind WWI :lol:. Sorry, I just can't help from laughing. 

26 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Imperialism is usually meant to include attempts to gain military, political, cultural or economic control over another region. Conflating this to only be about economy is something that fortunately only come natural to extreme left-wing radicals who - like those who are only equipped with a hammer tend to see every problem as a nail - hilariously think Capitalism (with a capital C, naturally) is the root to all evil. Even to the extent of believing capitalism was the main force behind WWI :lol:. Sorry, I just can't help from laughing. 

:jerkoff:

8 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Any chance you like this book, @soon?

cover_1500-15.png

Its okay that you were wrong a few times in a row. Just relax your balls and move on.

5 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Which is, broadly speaking, in pursuit of what?

10 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Which is, broadly speaking, in pursuit of what?

I think it is very broadly spoken already? A pursuit of new territories (or enhanced hold over already internal territories) for nationalistic reasons, economic reasons, military reasons, cultural reasons. Like the annexation of Sudetenland which had a significant nationalistic motive, to bring the "exiled" Germans back into the fold. Or colonialism of parts of Asia by European powers which had a strong economic and ethnocentric motive. Or the annexation of Crimea that had a military motive because it allows Russia access to the Black Sea. Then you have religious imperialism where religious conversion of other people is a motive. 

23 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I think it is very broadly spoken already? A pursuit of new territories (or enhanced hold over already internal territories) for nationalistic reasons, economic reasons, military reasons, cultural reasons. Like the annexation of Sudetenland which had a significant nationalistic motive, to bring the "exiled" Germans back into the fold. Or colonialism of parts of Asia by European powers which had a strong economic and ethnocentric motive. Or the annexation of Crimea that had a military motive because it allows Russia access to the Black Sea. Then you have religious imperialism where religious conversion of other people is a motive. 

Sounds like money and power to me, and what is power but economic dominance at its core?  

28 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Sounds like money and power to me, and what is power but economic dominance at its core?  

Yes, economic power, cultural power, political power, military power, religious power. But not exclusively monetary wealth. Power is the keyword. The power to control, whether that is through money or through politics or through military or through inclusion of strategic territory -- whatever helps to build an empire or make it stronger and less vulnerable to enemies. And then you have to include less hostile motives, like genuine attempts to help other people as in the building of infrastructure and religious missionary activities.

On 10/2/2018 at 4:34 AM, SoulMonster said:

Yes, economic power, cultural power, political power, military power, religious power. But not exclusively monetary wealth. Power is the keyword. The power to control, whether that is through money or through politics or through military or through inclusion of strategic territory -- whatever helps to build an empire or make it stronger and less vulnerable to enemies. And then you have to include less hostile motives, like genuine attempts to help other people as in the building of infrastructure and religious missionary activities.

Sounds like Rome to me.

1 hour ago, wasted said:

I went to Tock’s and got a Reubens but ended up liking poutine more and there was some kind of craft IPA. More expensive than Taco bell and white castle but it keeps the riff raff out. 

Reubens have such few components that every one needs to be perfectly crafted or it falls flat, imo. Usually the period of indigestion that follows aint worth it.

Buying craft is often more expensive then some other options at the store. But at the brew pubs its usually the same for a pint of their craft as at a normal pub around here. Our new Right of Centre Populist Premiere of Ontario ran on a platform including "buck a beer." LOL, taking 'looking out for Joe Six Pack' a little to literally, perhaps. But all it means is that he's lowered the lowest legal amount by 25 cents. No one was previously selling beer for anything less then $2. No one can brew a quality beer at a buck a beer. So at least one craft brewer rose to the "buck a beer challenge" by creating a new beer for $3.50 with a dollar of each beer sale going to a war chest against this nut job of a Premiere. I love it!!!