Will President Trump get a Cease and Desist Letter for using November Rain at his Rallies

2 minutes ago, soon said:

It was meant like "Im pissed off but I still love ya" in a joking way. I didnt know any of those facts about you. I thought it would be amusing and I dont know... my post was stupid and regrettable... was supposed to soften the edges I guess.

Id like to apologies to you. Im sorry for being a jerk. I didnt understand the extent to which I was being a jerk. This is no win situation for me because its either Im cruel or Im too dub to know I was being cruel. Id have to plead the latter. Its not the first time I misjudge myself, as a few people here could attest too, but hopefully it will be the last.

Id also like to apologize to everyone here who had to read my post and for the unpleasant distraction its caused.

Aww come on! It's not big deal :hug: but please, no more "hand hearts"!! :lol:

Now go discuss the new tweets of woke Axl :awesomeface:

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I don't understand this part, though...

How will people/fans know which songs are anti-Trump? :question:

I don't see anything anti-Trump in SCOM or November Rain.... and why would Republican fans or Trump supporters should not listen to whatever music they want to?

How much of a burden it is to be checking up if the artist you like align with your political views or not? :wacko:

That part of his statement sounds very authoritarian to me. Nothing democratic or even liberal.

SCOM is pro Erin Everly. NR is a love song. Part of it could be related to Erin as well. I don't get that "anti Trump music" comment either. Trump was not president when those songs were written.

The important issue here is GN'R songs being played at Trump events. GN'R doesn't want their songs to be played. It seems there's loophole in the law protecting copyright and other rights. So GN'R lawyers have to figure out a way to stop this.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Padme said:

SCOM is pro Erin Everly. NR is a love song. Part of it could be related to Erin as well. I don't get that "anti Trump music" comment either. Trump was not president when those songs were written.

The important issue here is GN'R songs being played at Trump events. GN'R doesn't want their songs to be played. It seems there's loophole in the law protecting copyright and other rights. So GN'R lawyers have to figure out a way to stop this.

What I don’t get is WHY do politicians use songs from artist who dislike them. This has been going on forever. I remember reading a Bruce Springsteen interview when Ronald Reagan was using „Born in the USA“. The music and refrain sound very patriotic but the lyrics are clearly critical. It is their language, how do they not get that? I really don’t understand... Also Aerosmith didn’t want some politician to use one of their songs but couldn’t do anything against. it. Weird law.

2 minutes ago, Padme said:

First of all, this is not an "important" issue.  Anybody who votes for or against any candidate because they heard a song played at a political rally is a moron that doesn't deserve the right to vote.

Second, GNR lawyers don't have to figure out a way to stop this because there is no way, legally to stop it.  The loophole that Axl refers to isn't really what allows the songs to be used.  Politicians always protect themselves when making laws.  Therefore, the copyright laws do not allow copyright owners to stop their music from being played at political rallies.  Period.   End of Story.  It's the same type of thing like when they created the "do not call" list but exempted political calls from the restrictions.

Just now, Tori72 said:

What I don’t get is WHY do politicians use songs from artist who dislike them. This has been going on forever. I remember reading a Bruce Springsteen interview when Ronald Reagan was using „Born in the USA“. The music and refrain sound very patriotic but the lyrics are clearly critical. It is their language, how do they not get that? I really don’t understand... Also Aerosmith didn’t want some politician to use one of their songs but couldn’t do anything against. it. Weird law.

It is not up to politicians. They don't pick the songs. They have event organizers. So those people are in charge of the music, confetti everything about the event. Those events take place at any given venue. So the venue also play a role.

7 minutes ago, Padme said:

It is not up to politicians. They don't pick the songs. They have event organizers. So those people are in charge of the music, confetti everything about the event. Those events take place at any given venue. So the venue also play a role.

From the interviews I read with Aerosmith and Bruce Springsteen it sounded very much like the politicians / their team chose those songs for emotional, energizing, whatever reason. But it was a clear choice. Maybe there is also something going on with venues bying copyrights but for politicians eveything of their rallies, speeches etc. is staged and engineered.

Edited by Tori72

6 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

First of all, this is not an "important" issue.  Anybody who votes for or against any candidate because they heard a song played at a political rally is a moron that doesn't deserve the right to vote.

Second, GNR lawyers don't have to figure out a way to stop this because there is no way, legally to stop it.  The loophole that Axl refers to isn't really what allows the songs to be used.  Politicians always protect themselves when making laws.  Therefore, the copyright laws do not allow copyright owners to stop their music from being played at political rallies.  Period.   End of Story.  It's the same type of thing like when they created the "do not call" list but exempted political calls from the restrictions.

If things are the way you put it. Then why musicians bother to complain? They sure know there is nothing they can do about it. The only thing they can do is to clarify they don't endorse this practice

26 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

I think Trump goes beyond simple politics and policy for a lot of people. It's a good vs evil, right vs wrong thing with him, whatever side you happen to be on. So I think that's why it's important for some artists to come out and make it clear which side they're on. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, YourMother'sDruthers said:

Trump should play SCRAPED. imagine Trump ripping through a giant MAGA paper banner as he enters the rally with "WAHHHH-OHHHHH DON'T YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!" lol his followers would eat it up. They should hire me as their event planner.

Your avatar is really disturbing. It looks like Kevin is jacking off, and that ruins the innocence of The Wonder Years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, KURT19 said:

I do not believe for a second that Axl was the one that wrote that...

Well there is a word shitbags ... so that sounds like him. Though I think it's pretty insulting. Despite of being unhygienic, shit is a useful substance; it makes the plants grow and can be used as a  fuel too. #stopshitshaming 

On a general level, if an artist wants to stop a politician using their music, writing less than flattering song about the said politician could have some kind affect...maybe..  

Edited by Fourteenbeers
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, YourMother'sDruthers said:

Your avatar is offensive as it reminds me of the darkness of my soul. 

Oh Winnie!

I don't want an avatar at all because I'm not 12 anymore so that's why I tried to camaflouge it.

I could imagine Paul doing this type of obscenity, but not cute little Kevin.

5 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I don't want an avatar at all because I'm not 12 anymore so that's why I tried to camaflouge it.

I could imagine Paul doing this type of obscenity, but not cute little Kevin.

I am still 12, that's why I have one. Living with my parents is such a drag, they think they can just tell me to do whatever they want, but no one is my boss but me.

I don't think Kevin is jacking it, I think he just ripped a fat line. That's the beauty of the avatar, it's true meaning is in the eye of the beholder. 

Back on topic... I think Trump should have entrance music and fireworks as he enters his rallies like they do on WWE.

1 hour ago, Black Sabbath said:

I think it’s fairly obvious that by “anti Trump”, he’s referring to the bands/artists that don’t support Trump. So the generalization is the songs from them are “anti Trump”.

you are right,me too understand this form👍

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SWINGTRADER said:

LMAO

Trump doesn't give a shit. They are playing "knocking on Heaven's door "as I am typing this at Trump's rally. 

axl needs to realize it isn't the 90's. Nobody cares what he thinks.

They still care about his 90s music though.

6 minutes ago, SWINGTRADER said:

LMAO

Trump doesn't give a shit. They are playing "knocking on Heaven's door "as I am typing this at Trump's rally. 

axl needs to realize it isn't the 90's. Nobody cares what he thinks.

Haha, you're at a Trump rally! Pathetic :lol:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Lio said:

They still care about his 90s music though.

Music is timeless. Axl is not. 

I think Axl should be more concerned about his voice. If he showed as much effort in improving it as he does talking about Trump he might sound better.

Axl looks small attacking Trump. He isn't even worthy of a response.