Will President Trump get a Cease and Desist Letter for using November Rain at his Rallies

3 hours ago, killuridols said:

I'd appreciate that you would stop labeling my opinion as "non-sense" because you are misinterpreting everything I have posted so far....
I'm not attacking TB, if that's your concern, so chill out.... asking about their immigration status is not a crime, is it? Am I being disrespectful with that question?
If I am, then I apologize. It wasn't my intention to make them (you) feel uncomfortable.

I have never said that Axl is anti-Trump ONLY because of the immigration policies. In my opinion, this could be ONE reason why he doesn't like Trump, not THE solely reason.
I don't think we can derive extensive conclusions from his tweets. He might have an opinion on a thousand topics. His Twitter account is just a scrapbook of the million things he's got in his mind.
Those tweets are what he chooses to share with an audience. That's all.

And what I said about TB not being in Axl's life.... yes, I am assuming that their presence in his life changed his views about immigration. What is wrong with assuming something like that? This whole forum discussions are based on assumptions, since we barely have tangible accurate information to discuss on a daily basis.

I have never argued against opinions like this. Do not need to have it explained to me. I've been a fan for almost 30 years.

I'm not saying you're attacking TB.   What I'm saying is your assessment regarding Axl's opposition to Trump is absurd.  You're not asking about TB's immigration status.  You're assuming it's an issue which is driving Axl's criticisms of Trump.  Again, both your assumptions and deductions are off-base.

Axl has a lot of opinions on a lot of things and I'm sure there are some that are important to him that he doesn't give voice to publicly.  But again, you're assuming way too much here that doesn't stack up.

There are a million reasons to oppose Trump.  Why you think immigration is one of them is beyond me.  Again, if members of TB had immigration concerns they wouldn't be traveling to and from the country right now.  

It's not about how long you have been a fan for.  What's at issue is you pressing a perspective as fact when the facts don't seem to support it.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I cannot think of a more corporate act than Guns outside Kiss. 

I honestly don't think GnR is more corporate than most other major acts. Outside the $1000 box set  (which was just a version of the box and wasn't addressed to the average fan anyway), there's no difference, really, in marketing strategies, merch, ticket prices etc. And at least GnR don't have charged meet-and-greets like other bands (and for more than the box set).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

I honestly don't think GnR is more corporate than most other major acts. Outside the $1000 box set  (which was just a version of the box and wasn't addressed to the average fan anyway), there's no difference, really, in marketing strategies, merch, ticket prices etc. And at least GnR don't have charged meet-and-greets like other bands (and for more than the box set).

Don't they have VIPs where they don't even bother to turn up? They haven't put an album out in donkeys and subsist solely on a tired greatest hits set. Even the Stones put out a little blues album recently. Rose was also playing Vegas before he hooked up with Slash. Punk as Fuck has been seen shopping at Gucci.

Just a money act really. They don't even hide it. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Don't they have VIPs where they don't even bother to turn up? They haven't put an album out in donkeys and subsist solely on a tired greatest hits set. Even the Stones put out a little blues album recently. Rose was also playing Vegas before he hooked up with Slash. Punk as Fuck has been seen shopping at Gucci.

The VIP doesn't say you'll meet the band. Everything else i'd agree with.

15 minutes ago, downzy said:

There are a million reasons to oppose Trump.  Why you think immigration is one of them is beyond me

It is also beyond me that you are 100% certain the immigration issue might not be one of the reasons why  Axl dislikes Trump. Do you have information that the rest of us dont? :question:

Because I can't really see why this seems so far-fetched to you. Even if you say that TB are all legal and dont have any problems with that, it doesn't mean they are oblivious to whats going on or that they don't care at all. They could even have friends in a difficult situation.

15 minutes ago, downzy said:

What's at issue is you pressing a perspective as fact when the facts don't seem to support it.  

I think it was clear this is my opinion, nothing else. Never intended to state things as fact. That's why I asked questions in a genuine way. Unfortunately, they've been misinterpreted like I was judging them or affirming they were illegals.

41 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

You make the fundamental mistake of assuming that Rose's alleged faults 20 years ago somehow defines his political opinions today. 

Reality is much more complex than you fathom. Even if we assume that the alleged things Rose did are true, it doesn't mean he would approve of someone else doing it. That is not how we humans are wired. That is not how we work. You see the fault in yourself and you attack others for it. 

When did Rose see the Archangel Gabriel and have this complete moral rebirth then? Somewhere after the occasion he asked Erin or Steph to do her business in a cat litter tray presumably? 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

When did Rose see the Archangel Gabriel and have this complete moral rebirth then? Somewhere after the occasion he asked Erin or Steph to do her business in a cat litter tray presumably? 

Of all the related stories out there, you chose one that is most likely an urban myth. You find it amusing, maybe?

Seriously, there are many possible -and less metaphysical- explanations, as with other people who had done things in the past and then changed/didn't do them again.

7 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I try not to perceive Rose as much of anything really.

Ok, I reckoned you must perceive him as something, since you have opinions on him which you often repeat.

''Very Important Person (just not important enough that we can be arsed to meet you)''. 

The VIP tickets exist because the touring industry discovered that there are people with money to spend to buy them just because they like to feel "VIP".

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Azifwekare said:

If you're willing to pay an extra grand, you'll also get a leftover signed photo of The Pitman and a bottle of Ashba Water.

I was at the Stratosphere in Las Vegas today and literally didn't bother going up the escalator to see his store lol

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I understand why guns have not released any recorded product since the reunion its about rebuilding the brand again. God knows it had to. What they do next as a band after nitl wraps up will be the question.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

Well...

One thing I associate with Trump is corporateness, extreme American capitalism The last few years of Guns have been incredibly corporate. Even Gene Simmons is thinking, ''Christ lads, calm it down a bit chaps''. £1000 boxsets my gawd.

So you have gone from arguing that Axl should likely support Trump because Trump is an awful human being and you think Axl is one, too, to arguing that since Guns N' Roses has become a corporate, nostalgia band Axl should likely support Trump because Trump is a business man. Did I get it right? 

3 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

So you have gone from arguing that Axl should likely support Trump because Trump is an awful human being and you think Axl is one, too, to arguing that since Guns N' Roses has become a corporate, nostalgia band Axl should likely support Trump because Trump is a business man. Did I get it right? 

I think I made it clear that the reason I see Rose as a very Trumpy character is a multifaceted reason.

4 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Apart from KISS the only act that focused on the merchandise, as well as the pergormance side of things was Elvis.

Elvis always had his voice and continued to release music until his dying day.

10 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I think I made it clear that the reason I see Rose as a very Trumpy character is a multifaceted reason.

We are not discussing how you compare the two, but your surprise over the fact that Axl doesn't support Trump. In addition to thinking that should be the case because you find both to be bad people and that both share involvement in businesses, what else have you got besides the two facets?

2 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

We are not discussing how you compare the two, but your surprise over the fact that Axl doesn't support Trump. In addition to thinking that should be the case because you find both to be bad people and that both share involvement in businesses, what else have you got besides the two facets?

As I said, they're both practitioners of domestic (sexual/physical) violence against the feminine sex and both are racist/anti-migrant. I'm not sure what Trump's policy on gay people is but I cannot imagine it being too liberal either - Rose has that also, homophobia.  

Edited by DieselDaisy

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

As I said, they're both practitioners of domestic (sexual/physical) violence against the feminine sex and both are racist. 

That falls under the flawed "both are bad so naturally they must be fans of each other" argument.

So basically you don't have a multifaceted reason to think that Axl should support Trump, just multifaceted reasons to dislike Axl. Okay. 

I often think you don't really care about stringing together sensible, coherent arguments. Your goal is to criticise Axl, and if that is achieved nothing else matters, including form, style and logic. 

• Like 2

Just now, SoulMonster said:

That falls under the flawed "both are bad so naturally they must be fans of each other" argument.

So basically you don't have a multifaceted reason to think that Axl should support Trump, just multifaceted reasons to dislike Axl. Okay. 

I often think you don't really care about stringing together sensible, coherent arguments. Your goal is to criticise Axl, and if that is achieved nothing else matters, including form, style and logic. 

You are deliberately misquoting me. I said that Rose comes across as a ''Trumpy sort of character'', irrespective of his level of opposition (or support) of Trump in upcoming elections. There is even an explicit Trump-Guns N' Roses connection: Trump bankrolled the unreleased Perfect Crime film.

I will say this: it imparts a veneer of hypocrisy across Rose's tweeting. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

You are deliberately misquoting me. I said that Rose comes across as a ''Trumpy sort of character'', irrespective of his level of opposition (or support) of Trump in upcoming elections. 

Again, I am not discussing your silly comparisons, I am discussing your claim that Axl should have been supporting Trump. Like when you wrote, "If I were W. Axl Rose I'd almost certainly vote Trump" and when you said you disagreed with downzy's conclusion that Axl would take issue with Trump. But I suppose you have already forgotten you wrote all this? I guess that is the side-effect of not putting much thoughts into your posts as long as they succeed at containing attacks on Axl, right?

• Like 1