Will President Trump get a Cease and Desist Letter for using November Rain at his Rallies

48 minutes ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

I actually have a friend in US(GN’R fan) who does not care about politics and got no plans to vote on mid terms. But he told me since Axl said to vote blue, he will as well. Lol.

I wonder how many people will vote red cuz November Rain is played in Trump’s rallies(though people who go there will most likely vote red anyway, so wont affect much).

Its just crazy how a lot of people are political followers to their party line or celebs they like, than political thinkers. I am conservative, but I dont care if a person votes blue or hates Trump, thats your right. But at least do so not cuz of a celebrity or blind loyalty.

Holy shit, that's sad (no offense to your friend). As I've said before, I really don't care about politics but if I did, I sure as shit would've vote one way or the other because I celebrity said to. 

34 minutes ago, Kwick1 said:

I saw this on the local news this morning. Happy was played at a rally shortly after the PA killings. 

Wow. Every time I think this dude (the president) and his people couldn't be more out of touch, something like this happens. 

9 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Holy shit, that's sad (no offense to your friend). As I've said before, I really don't care about politics but if I did, I sure as shit would've vote one way or the other because I celebrity said to. 

Wow. Every time I think this dude (the president) and his people couldn't be more out of touch, something like this happens. 

Yeah. I asked him why vote based on Axl's views. He said his vote wont matter in the end, might as well  vote for what Axl wants. he actually used to post here, and a friend of a certain member who is disliked here by many. 

9 hours ago, Azifwekare said:

I called your "mental gymnastics" "nonsensical and irrelevant" because that's literally what they are. It's not a case of "waah, I don't like Trump so he should stop playing music I like". Please re-read the thread.

A more interesting question would be what level of open mindedness do you have to reach before supporting Tiny Hands in any way?

I could tell :lol:

To know the truth is complex and can’t be reduced to arguing their relevance based on physical characteristics, that’s open minded to me. 

What I’m saying is I think it’s silly for any musician to not want a political candidate to use their songs, unless you can say there is a profit begin made. Art is the escape from the real world, so I don’t associate it with anything other than someone is playing that song at a rally. It has no effect on my view of the person or song. I think it’s just as silly Trump would even use a song like November rain or any song for that matter. He should come out to that real American hulk hogan song complete with the DJ Ashby’s ear cuffs simply for the entertainment of his devotees eating it up and his detractors crying bigotry. That’s the basic state of everything right now. There must be a way out that includes everyone or it won’t work at all. “Tiny Hands” is ok by me but don’t critique him when he does then and I’m good

They play November Rain and Sweet Child O' Mine.

I think it is cool that the President plays those songs. I bet President Trump isn't aware of what Axl thinks of him nor would he give a fuck.  I bet you the Brazilian family has a lot to do with Axl's hatred of Trump.

Singers should just shut up sing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SWINGTRADER said:

They play November Rain and Sweet Child O' Mine.

I think it is cool that the President plays those songs. I bet President Trump isn't aware of what Axl thinks of him nor would he give a fuck.  I bet you the Brazilian family has a lot to do with Axl's hatred of Trump.

Singers should just shut up sing.

He probably isn't aware, but if his (the presidents) childish social media feed is any indication, he would absolutely care. 

Not saying he should care, just saying it's very obvious that he would. 

Edit-

I have to agree with that last part though. I wish more entertainers subscribed to Elvis Presleys thinking on the subject: just because you enjoy hearing him sing, doesn't mean you should give a shit what he thinks about politics. 

^^ ugh 

I miss the days of yore when Axl was trolled by everyone. Instead we're here talking about his politics and Trump. Sad. Where is James Hetfield when you need him? 

Yeah, it's nice to see "woke" Axl and all the mainstream fans/critics thinking he's acceptable now - but come on, that just doesn't feel right and you all know it. Who is this guy now - I don't even recognize him. The real Axl Rose has been meme-worthy since 1991. Suddenly the redhead is tweeting about politics, getting likes from progressive liberals, and garnering respect from his fellow musicians and the press? Unacceptable. Things need to go back to the way they used to be. :(

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Of all the weird things the Lebeis family gets blamed for, Axl's dislike of Trump is on top :lol:

See below. 

1 hour ago, Ratam said:

I would look more for Del James side.he hate Trump with passion.

Exactly. All you need to do is look at Del James' Twitter feed and you'll see where Axl's opinion is coming from. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

See below. 

Exactly. All you need to do is look at Del James' Twitter feed and you'll see where Axl's opinion is coming from. 

I actually think it is very possible to arrive at a dislike for Trump entirely independently just based on what a hopeless person he is. I would think most people, Axl included, mostly dislike Trump because of this, and not because of what their friends may think.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I actually think it is very possible to arrive at a dislike for Trump entirely independently just based on what a hopeless person he is. I would think most people, Axl included, mostly dislike Trump because of this, and not because of what their friends may think.

Oh, right. I get that too. I just feel like (and this is TOTALLY my own opinion as an outsider) Axl might get a lot of his opinions from his entourage. 

The hierarchy I've made it in my head for what opinions The Camp has is: Del > Axl > Beta > Fernando > everyone else in TB and GNR in general. 

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Oh, right. I get that too. I just feel like (and this is TOTALLY my own opinion as an outsider) Axl might get a lot of his opinions from his entourage. 

The hierarchy I've made it in my head for what opinions The Camp has is: Del > Axl > Beta > Fernando > everyone else in TB and GNR in general. 

It's a feeling that is widely shared. I honestly don't know why people think Axl is so much in the hands of his entourage. I worry it is just one of those things that become a "fact" because it is so widely spread and uncontested. Personally, I don't find it very likely that Axl would "out-source" so much of his opinions to people around him - he just doesn't strike me as that kind of man who would be okay with forming his opinions solely on what his friends tell him. I do get why people feel he is being isolated by the Lebeis family, though, and they absolutely comprise a firewall between the rest of the world and him at least when it comes to communication - but he obviously follows world events, is opiniated, reads books, etc, independently.

My highly preliminary opinion, and likely to not be entirely correct!, is that certain people, Marc Canter included, have argued forcefully for Team Brazil having isolated Axl and to a large extent runs the show, and this has been picked up and further spread by people who prefer this scenario (some because they don't like to think that Axl make so many poor decisions) and for whatever reasons dislike Beta and her family. So it becomes a truism that isn't really supported by much evidence, and hence it is also hard to argue against it.

Personally, I a little bit on the fence here. But again, no doubt that TB shields Axl from enquiries and media contact. Which is one of the most common tasks of personal managers.

• Like 1

Axl's history is basically one of not listening to anyone. Of course he may be influenced by people close to him/around him to an extent, but I don't think he would do something because someone else did it or told him to. Del has been around for a very long time, even before Axl became famous, and I'm sure they haven't always shared the same views on things (I'm not talking about the band where Del would do what Axl wanted him to).

I think TB may have played a part in Axl's dislike for Trump, indirectly, but not that he has formed his opinion entirely because of them. Maybe, as he sees them as family and they happen to be immigrants, he doesn't like Trump's policies on that issue (plus everything else Trump represents).

Edited by Blackstar

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Axl's history is basically one of not listening to anyone. Of course he may be influenced by people close to him/around him to an extent, but I don't think he would do something because someone else did it or told him to. Del has been around for a very long time, even before Axl became famous, and I'm sure they haven't always shared the same views on things (I'm not talking about the band where Del would do what Axl wanted him to).

I think TB may have played a part in Axl's dislike for Trump, indirectly, but not that he has formed his opinion entirely because of them. Maybe, as he sees them as family and they happen to be immigrants, he doesn't like Trump's policies on that issue (plus everything else Trump represents).

Del James family was immigrants too, Cuba immigrants.

21 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I think woke Axl started to fear his TB would be deported and that's what has made him voice out his dislike for Trump.

Do we know if all TB members are legally living in the USA?
I know people who've been living for decades in the USA but still don't have the papers.

Hey, @killuridols, what's up? 

Yes, they are ;). Because if they weren't they wouldn't be allowed back into the states after each tour.

3 minutes ago, Legendador said:

Hey, @killuridols, what's up? 

Yes, they are ;). Because if they weren't they wouldn't be allowed back into the states after each tour.

hmm... I dont know... I think the permanent visas take longer and maybe with a working permit they can go back and forth.

Right now my memory fails but I guess one time Beta posted about getting the nationality? or was it the permanent visa?
One of those.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I think woke Axl started to fear his TB would be deported and that's what has made him voice out his dislike for Trump.

Do we know if all TB members are legally living in the USA?
I know people who've been living for decades in the USA but still don't have the papers.

It's probably because TB are immigrants who he's obviously very close to and it makes him sympathize with similar people who are being made out to be disease carrying monsters.