Malibu orders evacuation due to fire

TheSeeker

Axl has been thru this before.  check out the video. Beta talks about Axl spraying his house, etc and even then parts of his home were damaged.  hoping no more people got hurt.  Axl and his neighbors can always rebuild.  But we cant bring people back

good luck to those effected

• Like 2

Just now, killuridols said:

Me too. Are there any poor people in this area, though?

I had the impression it was a zone mostly inhabitated by the rich and famous.

I don't mean poor poor but that town which was completely burnt just looks like an ordinary American town - at least from what I was watching on television. The town which suffered the shooting earlier, and has also suffered badly from the fire, looks like an ordinary town. The millionaires all live in isolated housing. 

• Like 1

I live in central Los Angeles, and visibility is now super low. The air is thick, it smells like kindling, and the sky is completely grey. Regardless of who lives where and how it started, this fire is an absolute tragedy that will be affecting the quality of life for ~4,000,000 Americans.

In re: Trump's bullshit - this fire spread because embers rode high winds ACROSS A FUCKING 10-12 LANE FREEWAY. There is no "forest management" that can prevent this.

I do my best not to comment on 45's mouth, but it is situations like this when actual moral leadership is needed.

When a fertilizer plant in West, Texas fucking exploded did Obama point the finger and threaten state officials? Nope! He spoke up for this tiny town in a state he lost twice because that's what president's are supposed to do. https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/blog/2013/04/25/president-obama-honors-those-lost-and-injured-west-texas-explosion

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chester 524 said:

Axl has been thru this before.  check out the video. Beta talks about Axl spraying his house, etc and even then parts of his home were damaged.  hoping no more people got hurt.  Axl and his neighbors can always rebuild.  But we cant bring people back

Thats a big house, i think he got his 3million dollars worth when he first bought it.

31 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask and I can do my best to answer them. I’m around all this and have been getting various updates from people in the areas.

I just hope you will get back to having a "home"soon. What's your plans at this stage either rebuilding or relocating?. I suppose you are still processing things at the moment..

5 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

I use social media and all but why in the fuck is that dude filming in the middle of a wildfire? If the fire doesn't get him, the smoke will.

True enough- I wondered that when I saw vids of people very very close to that Hawaiian lava when that vocano erupted. There will always be those people....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

First off, thank you for your support and asking about my safety. This forum truly is the best community of people and all of your support has been incredibly meaningful to me and my situation.

The evacuation order should be lifted Tuesday. Monday I plan to return to the area. About an hour away right now. From what I’ve heard the town is still under the siege of some flames but my house should be fine from what I’ve put together. Neighborhoods around me collapsed in flames live on the news and I may have jumped to the conclusion mine was next. Granted, it may still be destroyed or damaged. Will be unsure until I get back to the town.

Plan is to get back to town Monday, see the situation and assess. Looking and of course hoping to be in good shape.

At a minimum won't you have smoke damage and the whole area be unlivable for a while, until cleaned up and utilities restored?

hopefully the Vault stays safe.  if something has to burn, let it be post '93 stuff.

good thing Iz is not part of NITL tour, they can always ring him Matt and Gilby to empty the vault.  With all the hired hands post '93 + Baz, time should not be an issue.

On the sidenote, he can always move in with Slash once they get back.  It would make him more productive too

Edited by shotsfired cro

3 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

First off, thank you for your support and asking about my safety. This forum truly is the best community of people and all of your support has been incredibly meaningful to me and my situation.

The evacuation order should be lifted Tuesday. Monday I plan to return to the area. About an hour away right now. From what I’ve heard the town is still under the siege of some flames but my house should be fine from what I’ve put together. Neighborhoods around me collapsed in flames live on the news and I may have jumped to the conclusion mine was next. Granted, it may still be destroyed or damaged. Will be unsure until I get back to the town.

Plan is to get back to town Monday, see the situation and assess. Looking and of course hoping to be in good shape.

Keep us updated, hope you get back yo some normality. I think we are all interested in axls situation to. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chester 524 said:

This current fire makes that one from the video look like a backyard campfire - this is bad - I live in Studio City and can't even walk outside, the air is so smoky - was just down in West Hollywood/Beverly Hills area and it's fine, drove back up to the valley and its rough

2 minutes ago, cooker said:

I'm tired hearing this. This isn't about losing the ability to rebuild, it's about losing things you hold dear, things money could not replace. 

I was replying to someone who said they don’t care if millionaires homes are burned. That only poor people matter, but the thread is about Malibu. And, unless you loose your life , then money can replace anything. 

Edited by The Holographic Universe