Malibu orders evacuation due to fire

TheSeeker

Just now, The Holographic Universe said:

I was replying to someone who said they don’t care if millionaires homes are burned. That only poor people matter, but the thread is about Malibu.

I know, it's just an ongoing thing I've been seeing. I apologize for making it appear that I was after you. 

1 minute ago, cooker said:

I know, it's just an ongoing thing I've been seeing. I apologize for making it appear that I was after you. 

It’s cool. I just thought it a weird comment to make that only poor people matter in a thread about Malibu. The fires are wild. I hope insurance covers these homes regardless of wealth.

Just now, The Holographic Universe said:

It’s cool. I just thought it a weird comment to make that only poor people matter in a thread about Malibu. The fires are wild. I hope insurance covers these homes regardless of wealth.

No doubt. It's awful to see. I couldn't imagine. 

3 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask and I can do my best to answer them. I’m around all this and have been getting various updates from people in the areas.

I think i saw the road up to Axl's house on PRIVATE Canyon was closed.  I have to imagine that area got it bad.  Can you confirm, are you close to there?

34 minutes ago, mikeman5150 said:

it looks like Axl now has something in common with trump, someone should take his phone away from him too! 

I’ve  always respected the fact Axl didn’t get too involved with politics, but now wtf man. You don’t like trump, that’s cool, but why do you need to tell everyone? What everyone wants to hear from you, you refuse to give them..... new music

Trump supporter spotted

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

What does Axl's interest in politics and tweeting has to do with his not releasing new music? These are separate things and unrelated to each other.

Slash posts on instagram and twitter all the time (and he has liked many anti-Trump tweets) AND he releases music. One doesn't prevent him from doing the other.

It's not politics and twitter that take Axl's time or prevent him from releasing music.

I’m just saying that all he talks about on twitter anymore is politics. It’s like who cares. I love Axl for his music, couldn’t care less about his thoughts on politics. I know he has the right, that’s cool, I just wish he would use Twitter for updates about music, not his thoughts on the president. And to someone earlier, I’m not a trump supporter, I dislike all politicians! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I actually thought that was a good Axl post.  Personally, I've kept quiet about the lack of federal funding for our national forest and parks in fear that they would get Trump's attention and he would do something crazy with our lands.  Fires across the land is a rejuvenating thing, the land will be fine, minus some mudslides, it's going to be okay.  It's the people that are the ones with the biggest risk.  Let's just try to keep Trump focused on something other than our forests and they will grow on until we can get a more favorable administration to look out for them.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mikeman5150 said:

I’m just saying that all he talks about on twitter anymore is politics. It’s like who cares. I love Axl for his music, couldn’t care less about his thoughts on politics. I know he has the right, that’s cool, I just wish he would use Twitter for updates about music, not his thoughts on the president. And to someone earlier, I’m not a trump supporter, I dislike all politicians! 

His tweets get reactions, both positive and negative (I saw mostly positive for this one). I understand that you don't care. I guess then that you could just ignore his tweets/don't pay attention to them.

Edited by Blackstar

1 hour ago, axlinkafayette said:

I think i saw the road up to Axl's house on PRIVATE Canyon was closed.  I have to imagine that area got it bad.  Can you confirm, are you close to there?

That area is in pretty bad shape. That’s where the fires have hit the hardest these past few days. I have no actual confirmation but I would assume Axl’s house is in danger.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, mr. address said:

I live in central Los Angeles, and visibility is now super low. The air is thick, it smells like kindling, and the sky is completely grey. Regardless of who lives where and how it started, this fire is an absolute tragedy that will be affecting the quality of life for ~4,000,000 Americans.

In re: Trump's bullshit - this fire spread because embers rode high winds ACROSS A FUCKING 10-12 LANE FREEWAY. There is no "forest management" that can prevent this.

I do my best not to comment on 45's mouth, but it is situations like this when actual moral leadership is needed.

When a fertilizer plant in West, Texas fucking exploded did Obama point the finger and threaten state officials? Nope! He spoke up for this tiny town in a state he lost twice because that's what president's are supposed to do. https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/blog/2013/04/25/president-obama-honors-those-lost-and-injured-west-texas-explosion

Forgetting about the politics, just wanted to state that embers crossing a 10-12 lane freeway is nothing.  A fire can jump a couple of miles with the right wind.  A freeway (or even a river) doesn't do anything.

I wouldn't confront these two things: releasing new music and tweeting about politics. Loving Axl's music and hating the outputting his political point of views in twitter can be a bit tricky in future IF there's new music. I mean what would be most likely inspiration for new lyrics? Cheap alcohol, getting wasted, easy girls... didn't think so. And as for many UYI-themes, Axl seems too much of a happy chap to do those again... So he writes ten new love songs? He doesn't. 

When Chinese Democracy was all from totally different world, I can't see they would write new songs about Appetite-topics for old times' sake, now that Slash is back in the band. Trump's politics can actually be a driving force for new music, who knows. When you lose your home or/and your whole community is at least in great danger to do so, every year. And your country's leader gives a totally moronic statement about it, i would think that's pretty damn scary and helpless scenario. I'm not a songwriter and cannot say what can inspire a person to write music. I'm just saying that politics are close and personal thing for the band's lyricist, right now.

Edited by Ollie
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

GNR should cover "We Didn't Start The Fire" and donate the proceeds to charity

Seems wildly appropriate

Maybe even get Billy Joel to write a new verse about what's happened since the 1980s and Trump

Outta likes, but yes, fantasitic! lol

"... Obomber won the Peace Prize/ Trump won on a bill of lies/ We didn't start the fire...."

1 hour ago, TheSeeker said:

GNR should cover "We Didn't Start The Fire" and donate the proceeds to charity

Seems wildly appropriate

Maybe even get Billy Joel to write a new verse about what's happened since the 1980s and Trump

Given how much of a Billy Joel fan Axl is, I'm all for seeing Axl cover some Billy Joel songs.