Malibu orders evacuation due to fire

TheSeeker

Did Axls house got burnt? Its a tragedy and its always a alsad thing but at least hes a millionaire and can rebuild everything on a blink of an eye. I just hope the animals are fine. 

And when I say animals, Im obviously talkin about Paul Tobias. 

Edited by default_
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Lio said:

I'm alright with Happy Women's Day :heart: It just seems so exhausting and draining when every word or quote has to be scrutinized and analyzed and made sure that it doesn't have any possible wrong interpretation or might possibly offend anyone, even if you have the best intentions. I think you can strive towards equality without looking at men as The Enemy.

Didn't Axl promote Beta from nanny to assistant to manager?

I think that many people not support the feminist movement is about is too drama and lack of humour sense , and everything someone say is analized like too literal, i think is need bit relax..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

It's related to lying. Actually is more related than what Axl does, ie. commenting on Trump's domestic and foreign policy issues and not on what he's done in his personal life.

You use present tense. So you're sure Axl is all these things today or if he's been in the last few years? Again, I'm under the impression that in your mind Guns N' Roses are one-dimensional, non-evolving characters in a soap opera. I think that the story of GnR resembles to a soap opera indeed, and I like it for that (:lol:), but I also realise that they're real people.

3 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Why are you still saying that Axl espouses these views? Haven't numerous people told you that you mix up things from 30 years ago? It's like when you have settled on a favorite lie there is no amount of facts and arguments that can turn you. But hey, facts can easily be pushed aside if they are a barrier to criticizing Axl, right? You are good at that.

And even IF Axl today, in 2018, was guilty of expressing anti-migrant, racist, homophobic and misogynistic statements, there would still not be any hypocrisy if he criticized Trump for the Federal budget or forest management or whatever. Or are you seriously of the opinion that only people who have never done anything wrong are allowed to criticize Trump, or is that a standard you have just reserved for Axl?

As @Blackstar pointed out, you conflate and simplify human behavior to the point where people are one-dimensional caricatures. In a sense that is something you share with Trump. Your "Junker the drunkard" or "Slash the junkie" is similar to Trump's "Lying Ted" or "Rocket man". Just schoolyard tactics, really. 

Well that is what I meant by it forcing us to look at him differently, as we perceive him publicly, through his output, endeavours, interviews, lifestyle (as we have access to its detail); it is even more difficult with somebody like Rose who, creatively speaking, has barely done anything since 1991. We are not privy to his Damascened Revelation (if it ever occurred?) when he ''saw the light'' and stopped making women crap in litter trays, cease writing inflammatory material like ''One in a Million'' (well he doesn't write/release anything so I suppose he's exonerated there by the presence of a colossal vacuum haha!). 

Slash is no longer a junkier, and I have never said otherwise. Junker however is frequently, to the present day, paralytic as demonstrated on recent and quite frequent footage.

Fundamentally, If you're going to listen to somebody discuss politics who would you rather listen to, the person who (NB bold) espoused views set forth in ''One in a Million'' and sodomized women or somebody else, who never did such an act, the latter being the great majority of humankind? It doesn't matter about time lapses as brevity of access (of Rose's world) forces value judgments out of us all.

6 minutes ago, Original said:

So do we know- is Axl's house OK? 

We know nothing about it.

And what can be perceived through their social media does not give the hint that Axl or people who live with him have lost anything.

But they could be pretending everything's fine, I don't know :shrugs:

56 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Well that is what I meant by it forcing us to look at him differently, as we perceive him publicly, through his output, endeavours, interviews, lifestyle (as we have access to its detail); it is even more difficult with somebody like Rose who, creatively speaking, has barely done anything since 1991. We are not privy to his Damascened Revelation (if it ever occurred?) when he ''saw the light'' and stopped making women crap in litter trays, cease writing inflammatory material like ''One in a Million'' (well he doesn't write/release anything so I suppose he's exonerated there by the presence of a colossal vacuum haha!). 

You know, I hope, that this is sophistry, at best.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Never knew he a zoo like place, i hope hes not trying to have his place resemble michael jacksons neverland ranch.

I dont think it is properly a zoo or something of large dimensions. You know how fans love oversizing Axl's good deeds :lol:

From what I remember he said during China Exchange conference, aside from cats and dogs, he's got some wolves and birds.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I have said this before but when somebody from entertainment involves themselves in politics it forces the public to reassess that person in a way they wouldn't normally. You have to be rather ''whiter than white'' (no pun intended) or inherently risk opening yourself up to public ridicule and charges of hypocrisy. If Slash started preaching about the merits of teetotalism we'd all say, ''what a wanker. That drunk was pissed off his head for most of his life yet he is now lecturing me on having this 'ere Shandy Bass?''. 

And? So? He has these opinions either way, regardless of whether he posts them on Twitter or not. So what do you need to reassess?? You prefer to not know about his views, especially when they are not the same as yours, so you can continue to claim ignorance and live in the bubble of not knowing as oppossed to know what the man feels on certain topics? And then, what does that change?? Does his music suddenly start to suck, because he has different views than you? Does your fantasy picture of him crumble, because it turns out he might not be the guy you thought he was?

As for Slash, why would he not be allowed to give his views on teetotalism, especially given his history and first hand knowledge of what alcohol can do to a person?!

Edited by PatrickS77
Typos
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

12 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

And? So? He has these opinions either way, regardless of whether he posts them on Twitter or not. So what do you need to reassess?? You prefer to not know about his views, especially when they are not the same as yours, so you can continue to claim ignorance and live in the bubble of not knowing as a oppossed to know what the man feels on certain topics? And then, what does that change?? Does his music certainly start to suck, because he has different views than yours? Does your fantasy picture of him crumble, because it turns out he might not be the guy you thought he was?

As for Slash, why would he not be allowed to give his views on teetotalism, especially given his history and first hand knowledge of what alcohol can do to a person?!

It should be pointed out that I didn't state ''Slash's views on teetotalism'' but ''militant temperance'', and to answer the question, because he'd be laughed out of court.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It should be pointed out that I didn't state ''Slash's views on teetotalism'' but ''militant temperance'', and to answer the question, because he'd be laughed out of court.

The Saul Hudson Temperance Society :lol:  Now you mention it Saul Hudson does sound a bit Amish eh?  I can just see Slash thumping a bible in a wooden outhouse of a church somewhere in Salt Lake City (i realise Amish and Mormon are not the same thing, work with me here!) going on about the evils of drink, followed by a chorus of Rock of Ages, which he caps off by walking out of the wooden church and doing a solo out in the middle of the  nowhere that houses said church, leaving the congregation wondering where the fuck he is plugged in and taking this as a sign of his divinity.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Uhm, yeah. You said "merits of teetotalism". Not sure what the other means. But why would he be laughed out of court (?? which court?) if he would talk about the former. Why can't a former alcoholic not say that it's better without alcohol? He experienced both. It's the same like when someone, who never took a sip in his life, talks about the "merits of teetotalism". He only speaks theoretical, but doesn't have first hand experience. And still nobody would laugh him out of anything.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

The Saul Hudson Temperance Society :lol:  Now you mention it Saul Hudson does sound a bit Amish eh?  I can just see Slash thumping a bible in a wooden outhouse of a church somewhere in Salt Lake City (i realise Amish and Mormon are not the same thing, work with me here!) going on about the evils of drink, followed by a chorus of Rock of Ages, which he caps off by walking out of the wooden church and doing a solo out in the middle of the  nowhere that houses said church, leaving the congregation wondering where the fuck he is plugged in and taking this as a sign of his divinity.

Ezekiel: Look, Jebediah! Ol' Toothless Curly produces the cry of the angels through only his hands!

Jebediah: *air guitar solo while standing on a haystack*

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Uhm, yeah. You said "merits of teetotalism". Not sure what the other means. But why would he be laughed out of court (?? which court?) if he would talk about the former. Why can't a former alcoholic not say that it's better without alcohol? He experienced both. It's the same like when someone, who never took a sip in his life, talks about the "merits of teetotalism". He only speaks theoretical, but doesn't have first hand experience. And still nobody would laugh him out of anything.

I believe I mentioned the word militant or crusading also, but irrespective, to make the analogy work Slash would have to possess the same fervent zeal as Rose does discussing Trump. Anyone of sound disposition would almost certainly laugh their heads off at a Slash saying, ''(when all things are considered) thou shall refrain from the demon liquor or thou shall be smote''. 

Rose is not soberly offering his views on Donald Trump. He is ranting and raving about Donald Trump. 

2 hours ago, Original said:

So do we know- is Axl's house OK? 

Getting this second hand.  The next door neighbor saved their own home but that was a couple of days ago.  Word very early this morning was his house was still safe.  But if you read the news the winds have kicked up and there is plenty of fuel that can still catch fire.

47 minutes ago, Mysteron said:

Trump's reaction to the fires is not to offer sympathy or declare an emergency, but to threaten a funding cut to Cali. Who does that. That mixture of stubbornness and stupidity makes him dangerous player on the world stage. 

I think Trump is cracking the door on private/contracting out of public land management.  Scares the fuck out of me.

58 minutes ago, cineater said:

Getting this second hand.  The next door neighbor saved their own home but that was a couple of days ago.  Word very early this morning was his house was still safe. 

I assume / hope you're not referring to "jim" as your source for this second hand information :lol:

• Haha 4