Malibu orders evacuation due to fire

TheSeeker

4 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Thought there would be mandatory evacuations going on that is once yiu leave cant get back in. Be safe👨‍🚒👩‍🚒

I evacuated once to a different town...then that town got evacuated is what I meant. Bout an hour away now just watching my city go up in flames. 

• Sad 3

27 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Just checked the virtual news map. Unfortunately Axl’s house may have already been consumed. It’s just hard to tell at this point what is still standing. Terrible situation and I hope all forum members near there are safe. 

what map?

9 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

Aren't these fires caused by Santa Ana winds? What exactly is there to be done (on a practical level) to prevent these fires from happening? Or at least restrain them? 

6 minutes ago, axlinkafayette said:

Nothing, Trump is a total fucking moron

That isn't necessarily true (referring to the "nothing" part).  I'm no expert on forest management.  However, given that we are talking about California it is very likely that they have implemented policies to "save the planet" which allow forests to become easier fuel for these fires.

The Santa Ana winds don't cause fires, they spread them.  Some fires are caused by lightning strikes.  The vast majority are caused by a human doing something stupid.  Either not completely tamping out a campfire or throwing a lit cigarette, etc.

My heart goes out to all effected by these fires.  First and foremost, hopefully everybody evacuates so there is no loss of life.  However, even though buildings can be rebuilt and possessions replaced, losing your house is devastating.  

• Like 2