New GN'R Release Coming In 2019? **RUMOR THREAD**

Just now, Rovim said:

with every fiber of my being. the new album is gonna be great, but it will probably come later than some believe cause a lot of hardcore  fans are not yet satisfied with Frank's drumming but I feel like the rhythm section can be perfected with Duff teaching Frank how to get more in the groove. the process in the studio will probably go like this:

If frank being the drummer cannot do groove for duff to gel with him then guns need a new drummer. Both steven and matt gelled with their time in guns so easily.  Hell they could get the drummer from the foo fighters if need be! 

10 hours ago, WAR™ said:

yeah Rubin would be perfect... just the exact opposite of what VR done for Libertad

Rick rubin fuckin no. Loved his 90s production for slayer, chilli peppers and danzig. His production on Metallica death magnetic was horrid to my ears. I would like to use slashs producer.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Someone had posted a screenshot here somewhere from another forum where someone posted something about "shadow being new" and some other stuff. Can you point me towards that again? I'm not sure if it was this thread or a different one.

The one where Alfred went incognito to troll the GNRevolution board, promised to leak Atlas and Jackie Chan for Christmas, then said "sorry I can't", then used the Looney Tunes vid to say "see I told you, new music!", and then used multiple accounts to argue with himself? A wild ride for sure.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 25/12/2018 at 5:09 PM, SlashisGOD said:

I’m thinking of the Axl interview where the guy asks him if they’re like Maiden and Axl says “I hope not.” At least Maiden give a shit about their fans and being creative enough to want to write new albums and most importantly, release them.

Well, he certanly isn't anithing like Maiden :D

On 12/25/2018 at 10:01 PM, Sydney Fan said:

Rick rubin fuckin no. Loved his 90s production for slayer, chilli peppers and danzig. His production on Metallica death magnetic was horrid to my ears. I would like to use slashs producer.

I would be all for Rubin.. I agree on Death Magnetic but the guys resume is untouchable. I thought he did an outstanding job with Black Sabbath's "13"

11 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I would be all for Rubin.. I agree on Death Magnetic but the guys resume is untouchable. I thought he did an outstanding job with Black Sabbath's "13"

Rubin’s an interesting choice.

Butch Walker would be my absolute first choice, with Jake Sinclair working along side him.

I cant see how the Producer wouldnt be Caram? If its CD2 stuff, he already is the producer.

It makes sense to bring in Elvis for some Slash tones. It'd be weird, but hey, its Guns.

Rubin, in addition to having become trashy, is far too hands-off. This thing is gonna take some attention and TLC.

Edited by soon
  • Like 2

On 12/24/2018 at 9:28 AM, Rovim said:

not trying to take anything from Maiden, I enjoy some of the music, but it's easier releasing records with those type of lyrics. I actually think they've kept their high quality standard and most of their fans seem content with their new material.

you gotta take into consideration that for Axl it might be different, he could want to make a fresh statement with every release. it's trickier compared to  maiden to produce a great album and my guess is if it isn't relevant at least in the world of Guns, Axl won't release it just cause it sounds nice. he doesn't seem to want to repeat himself like Slash for example or AC/DC. gotta at least say something nu.

edit: plus in Maiden's case it wasn't like in Guns where the 2 most popular band members haven't played or been on a stage together for 20 years so it was logical to first do a tour cause the demand was insane, play together see if it works, make some money.

Well maybe not 20 years, but it did involve two critical members rejoining the band; Bruce had played his last gig with the band in 1993, and Adrian had played his last gig with the band in 1988. In the 90's while both of them were gone, Maiden's popularity virtually vanished; in their strongest markets they were playing theaters that held 2,000-3,000, and in most markets they were playing clubs, sometimes as small as 400. 

On 12/25/2018 at 9:59 PM, Sydney Fan said:

I found the book of souls boring. 

Okay, but just because you didn't like it doesn't mean it's a bad album. You can have a different opinion than everyone else. But objectively speaking, it was a hugely successful album. It debuted at number 1 in about 30 countries which is their personal best, as well as their highest charting US debut (Number 3). The tour in support of it was also one of their biggest; 117 shows across 36 different countries, with a combined attendance of over 3 million I believe. So no matter how you slice it, it was pretty damn well received by nearly everybody. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

Rubin Rubin just wants to have his name on as many comeback albums as possible. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

Well maybe not 20 years, but it did involve two critical members rejoining the band; Bruce had played his last gig with the band in 1993, and Adrian had played his last gig with the band in 1988. In the 90's while both of them were gone, Maiden's popularity virtually vanished; in their strongest markets they were playing theaters that held 2,000-3,000, and in most markets they were playing clubs, sometimes as small as 400. 

Okay, but just because you didn't like it doesn't mean it's a bad album. You can have a different opinion than everyone else. But objectively speaking, it was a hugely successful album. It debuted at number 1 in about 30 countries which is their personal best, as well as their highest charting US debut (Number 3). The tour in support of it was also one of their biggest; 117 shows across 36 different countries, with a combined attendance of over 3 million I believe. So no matter how you slice it, it was pretty damn well received by nearly everybody. 

3 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

I thought blaze did a good job for his time in maiden considering what he was up against.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

5 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

I thought blaze did a good job for his time in maiden considering what he was up against.

Yeah, so do I. I love Blaze. I do not love his era of Maiden but that’s not his doing; everything that was wrong with the band during those years falls squarely on Steve. 

Just now, Powerage5 said:

Yeah, so do I. I love Blaze. I do not love his era of Maiden but that’s not his doing; everything that was wrong with the band during those years falls squarely on Steve. 

I agree. Maybe steve should have put maiden on a hiatus if he knew there was a chance of bruce eventually coming back....bruce in my mind is irreplaceble.