New GN'R Release Coming In 2019? **RUMOR THREAD**

On 21/12/2018 at 3:37 PM, Wagszilla said:

It's CHRIS Pitman.

Humanity still hasn't cracked climate change or mass financial inequality but god damnit we know how to spell Chris Pitman's name.

It took an entire website, an exclusive interview, and a misspelled t-shirt but we did it.

giphy.gif

Oh my, I scared! 

On 20/12/2018 at 8:14 PM, Apollo said:

What does he complain about? His band not releasing the music they created? 

“Complains too much” indicates a large body of complaints. Can you share 6-7 times he “complained” about band items?

He didn’t fit the GnR “aura”....but a pink haired rave girl as the 2nd keyboard player did? When you think of Guns N Roses, what comes to mind is a 2nd keyboard player, who has rainbow colored hair, who can’t say a sentence with using Rad and Lit.....that screams Guns N Roses to you?

As for Gilby and Matt and who is in GnR now. It seems more simple than some people are making it out to be. 

GnR was short a bass player and guitar player. Duff was available and Axl was perfectly comfortable using him. 

With Duff back and GnR still needing a guitar player....feelers were sent out if Slash would have any interest in coming back. 

And the rest is history. GnR didn’t need a drummer, they had one (Frank). 

It seems like Axl had zero interest in putting the old GnR back together. He didn’t want a GnR reunion. He had a band of soldiers that stood by his side for the last decade to 15 years or whatever it is. Why replace them for guys he didn’t feel had his back?

Axl had a group of musicians that he liked. And he had an opening for a bass player and guitar player. He made the most perfect choices he could make - Slash and Duff. 

And tried to throw Adler and Izzy a bone so they could be involved. It just didn’t work out. 

Wow! You really have a lot of free time in you, don't you? Complaints, complaints, complaints!

On 20/12/2018 at 7:23 PM, moreblack said:

he fits so much better in here than he ever did in GNR. Suits his style so much better.

Agreed!

11 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I removed some posts. A fake Twitter account started by Alfred for Axl's cat is not a reliable source for GNR information. 

Maybe one of the mods could post on dexters twitter asking him to sign up to the mygnr forum as a "reliable source" 🐱. Im all for asking a cat to sign up if it will get us any type of gnr product.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Haha 1

If they were to record a new album, I feel like if Izzy got involved they'd actually keep Fortus. Don't think they'd show him the door about what, 15 odd years of service. I'm not sure, it'd be interesting to hear the Slash and Izzy bluesy material again, maybe injected with Fortus and Axls CD sound. Plus heavy as hell 3 guitarists on stage at once. Just a thought, of course the next question is about Frank... Well let's just hope for Matt or Steven

7 minutes ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

Just a thought, of course the next question is about Frank... Well let's just hope for Matt or Steven

It is pretty obvious after the last 3 years that they are content with a shitty drummer.  It is sad but $$$$ far outweighs any priority of delivering better performances of their classics. 

1 hour ago, Azifwekare said:

hayessavage92.png

I know it's Off-Topic but i remember the first WrestleMania. It was so annoying he spoke evrytime before and after match. You saw more this guy than Hulk Hogan

Topic:

I my opinion there is no new album in 2019. Nothing happend. 2019 is like 2004/2005 or 2008. Nothing happend but full of bla bla bla, ex-manager say bla bla bla or some random YouTuber say bla bla bla, full of threads with topics like "Axls Hairline" or "Slash looses hair"  and screenshots like this.

Edited by t-p-d-a

2 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

It is pretty obvious after the last 3 years that they are content with a shitty drummer.  It is sad but $$$$ far outweighs any priority of delivering better performances of their classics. 

Its not about the money Franks paid. There are thousands of better drummers out there that would love a chance to play with gnr for half of what frank gets paid or even play for free for the exposure or love of the band. 

2 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Drums were always the least important part in this band. 
GN'R without duff is a bad idea,
GNR without Slash is not as good 
GN'R without Izzy doesn't go anywhere.
GN'R without Axl is something beyond imaginable
but who cares about the drums? 
SCOM has drums that even a child can play. I don't even play the drums and i know how to play this song
IMHO the best were Matt Sorum n' Mantia, but even they didn't manage to be a cornerstone in the band.

One thing i might add is that Ferrer doesn't sound as heavy as Cooper's drummer, nor for ozzy's one. 

43 minutes ago, NeonKinight said:

but who cares about the drums? 
SCOM has drums that even a child can play. I don't even play the drums and i know how to play this song
IMHO the best were Matt Sorum n' Mantia, but even they didn't manage to be a cornerstone in the band.

Drums aren't flashy but they are very important. It is easy to under-appreciate a good drummer. If the drums are great most won't notice but when they are off they can throw whole songs off.  Frank sticks out like a sore thumb at times and it isn't good. 

My choice would be Adler or Sorum only because they have proven chemistry with this band.  Hell I would even say Mantia could be a welcome improvement over the current situation.  Slash's drummer would be perfect too.  There are just so many better options out there than Frank.  

• Like 4

Drums are a big deal. They can ruin a song for some folks. When they're not right, nothing works. Even if it's an easy part that "a child can play", those are the easiest to wreck if the feel and the groove suck. And believe me, everyone that thinks they can, will struggle.

Edited by moreblack
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, moreblack said:

Drums are a big deal. They can ruin a song for some folks. When they're not right, nothing works. Even if it's an easy part that "a child can play", those are the easiest to wreck if the feel and the groove suck. And believe me, everyone that thinks they can, will struggle.

That is why I think Meg White is a cool drummer, sure she is not Neil Peart or Copeland or anyone like that but she had a great feel for that lo-fi loud and bashful garage rock that Jack White led and she complimented that wonderfully

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WhazUp said:

That is why I think Meg White is a cool drummer, sure she is not Neil Peart or Copeland or anyone like that but she had a great feel for that lo-fi loud and bashful garage rock that Jack White led and she complimented that wonderfully

And not every style of rock needs Terry Bozzio or Vinnie Colaiuta, right?

33 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

I wouldn't want Glen Sobel (Cooper's drummer) to be in GnR. He would keep throwing his sticks in the air

Could be worse... I recall reading somewhere, that Phil Rudd had a habit of throwing snotballs at his bandmates in AC/DC. 

Edited by Fourteenbeers

26 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

Could be worse... I recall reading somewhere, that Phil Rudd had a habit of throwing snotballs at his bandmates in AC/DC. 

I mean throwing them in the air to do flashy stick tricks, which he does every 3 beats or so. One thing I like about Frank (and Steven and Matt) is that they aren't trying to show off all the time with flashy stuff.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I would say he's been shitty on this tour, but if you listen to Frank from 2009, 10 and 12.. sounds like a completely different guy. Much better before. How does someone get worse?