Melissa Interview with PeopleAsia Magazine

8 hours ago, nikothebellic said:

There are so many bias opinions about Melissa's social media. I've been following several GNR accounts for over a year and can assure that her's is quite "okay". For sure, there's nothing special, particulary for an old-fashioned people (as myself, for example), but other band's members and stuff accounts is not pretty far in terms of decentness: Meegan posts just everything all along with some kinky ideas and everytime glamorizing Slash with hashtags and photos, all-punk Duff has a dozens of cute family photos, Fernando is all about food and posh life and I'm not even talking about Slash's account, lol. I'm not bithcing anybody at all - it's okay, it's a modern social media life style. But the thing is, that everybody has where to carp to. And it's not fair to get more attention to a new band member, just because she's not from their world entierly. Actually, Melissa's posts appear with the least frequency and the most of the time used for sharing gratitude and respect for the band. And the others are mostly about her personal news, recordings and media publications. So, it's the stuff which basically you can find at almost everyone's social media account. I don't know about the years ago, but in recent times her posts're not annoying at all. 

For her part in band's live performances I can't say much as I'm not a pro in terms of sound management, but I know 2 things. First: the band sounds at its best since 1993, as it completely avoids this "punk-undeground" notes that it had 2001-2014. It's a pure rock/glam whatever. For sure, it's mostly Slash and Duff's merit, but as Melissa is a part of it, probably she's also doing some good job. Such a perfectionist as Axl wouldn't allow it another way. Second: her backing vocals are amazing. That what we missed since 90's also. And actually on many songs: Better, Live and Let Die, Civil War, November Rain, Paradise City etc... Almost at everyone basically. Somewhere more, somehwere less. And if we gonna run into her stage style and precense, then let's start a topic where we're gonna scold  backing vocals from UYI tour - as they looked too pop in their tricot and needed to be in Erin Everly's look from It's So Easy. And who doesn't like her stage movembents... WTF? If Slash, Axl and others can run from one side to another, why couldn't she permorm at her little perimeter? That's completely bias.

Al in all, I could understand if she was fat, ugly or something, hired just for sjw-fans, but at this case, come on! If you can't stand a hot girl in tights in a rock band at 21st century, who does her job pretty good.... well, either you have some personal issues or you... bias.   

"Kinky ideas", hey now😄

• Thanks 1

They can have someone up there that you can see doubling bass, guitar, adding synths, background vocals etc... 

They can also have that person behind the stage playing instruments to make the band sound bigger than they are as an illusion

The last option is they have all that stuff pre recorded and piped through the PA

Which one would you rather have? 

• Like 1

On 12/20/2018 at 1:44 AM, metallex78 said:

I’ll try to be as polite as possible...

But I hate that this blue-haired thing is in Guns N’ Roses. And I hope she has zero to nothing to do with any new music, if we ever get some.

Before all the “I’m sexist” comments chime in, I have nothing against a female being in GN’R, but her whole shtick just rubs me the wrong way. She dances and jumps around on stage like an idiot, while providing zero sound to any of the songs being played (at least from what I can hear).

And her whole #lit attitude is everything I hate about millennials, and it certainly has no place in what I believe Guns N’ Roses to be and stand for. 

Yes, I am also a cranky old man. :lol:

I  Can see older people not liking melissa bc she is a millenial and millenials generally suck, BUT if u watch her few performances with brain at some half time basketball games, she does some cool shit with CD songs and some sound better then the originals. I think a new album with some of her influence and energy could be cool. Btw im 37. 

• Like 1

On 12/20/2018 at 12:44 AM, metallex78 said:

But I hate that this blue-haired thing is in Guns N’ Roses. And I hope she has zero to nothing to do with any new music, if we ever get some.

Before all the “I’m sexist” comments chime in, I have nothing against a female being in GN’R, but her whole shtick just rubs me the wrong way. She dances and jumps around on stage like an idiot, while providing zero sound to any of the songs being played (at least from what I can hear).

And her whole #lit attitude is everything I hate about millennials, and it certainly has no place in what I believe Guns N’ Roses to be and stand for. 

I wholeheartedly disagree with you. She provides great energy on stage and adds a lot to the songs. It's lower in the mix at times so you probably don't even realize what she'd adding. However, I respect if you think GNR doesn't need a sound person. Most bands will hide these players behind the stage. GNR brings everyone on stage.

I like Melissa's remixes of CD material that she's performed on halftime shows. If she did a tour, I'd definitely go check that out.

Ok, I’ll admit I was harsh on Melissa. But I actively dislike everything about her, just like some people actively dislike DJ or Bucket. I think it’s ok for me to feel that way, and that doesn’t make me misogynistic. And her social media is cringeworthy the same as DJ’s was getting towards the end, and I didn’t mind him so much in the band.

And her halftime performances of remixes of CD songs does zero for me. I think they sound terrible and add nothing to the original pieces. And I don’t want to hear new GN’R music going in that direction either.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Richardparkerjr said:

I  Can see older people not liking melissa bc she is a millenial and millenials generally suck, BUT if u watch her few performances with brain at some half time basketball games, she does some cool shit with CD songs and some sound better then the originals. I think a new album with some of her influence and energy could be cool. Btw im 37. 

Anything sounds better than that. That is not really a standard. Hell, most tribute bands sound better.  Even Corgan's Zwan sounded better and that says enough...

• Like 1

She is a blight on the history of Guns, to be honest. I haven't heard anything she's done to show me why she's even there. It annoys me to see her dancing around with her blue hair flying around, dressed like a Vegas showgirl, and he social media is disturbingly cringe worthy. The only solace is that Brain is a big fan and I'm a big fan of Brain. Bring back Mother Goose.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, TiedHands said:

She is a blight on the history of Guns, to be honest. I haven't heard anything she's done to show me why she's even there. It annoys me to see her dancing around with her blue hair flying around, dressed like a Vegas showgirl, and he social media is disturbingly cringe worthy. The only solace is that Brain is a big fan and I'm a big fan of Brain. Bring back Mother Goose.

Although to be fair - at both shows I saw you really don't even notice her that much except for when Axl mentions her by name, or when you hear her backing vocals on things.  She is way in back and so even the people who don't like her, don't really have to even pay attention to her at all if they don't want to.  

Same with her social media, I don't mind it but if people don't dig how the young folks talk they are not forced to take a peak at her #rad Instagram/Twitter posts so to me that is a non-issue as well

I don't consider her a blight on the history of GNR by any means, if anything I dig how positive and excited she is about the gig.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TiedHands said:

If you havent heard anything to show you why Mel is there, then why would you want Mother Goose back - she took over his position in the band?

8 minutes ago, soon said:

If you havent heard anything to show you why Mel is there, then why would you want Mother Goose back - she took over his position in the band?

I can only speak for myself, but I would like to have him back either. I know that he made some stupid tweets, but he was there for 20 fkg years. He was patient enough to survive the turbulent CD era. 

The best scenario would be Chris as their keyboardist and Melissa as their background singer for me. 

Edited by Sosso

1 hour ago, WhazUp said:

Although to be fair - at both shows I saw you really don't even notice her that much except for when Axl mentions her by name, or when you hear her backing vocals on things.  She is way in back and so even the people who don't like her, don't really have to even pay attention to her at all if they don't want to.  

Same with her social media, I don't mind it but if people don't dig how the young folks talk they are not forced to take a peak at her #rad Instagram/Twitter posts so to me that is a non-issue as well

I don't consider her a blight on the history of GNR by any means, if anything I dig how positive and excited she is about the gig.  

The main blight on the history of gnr is when axl decided that gnr should have an emo phase and employ ashba. 

• Like 2

On 12/20/2018 at 1:44 AM, metallex78 said:

Her background vocals are everywhere in the live set, especially the Chinese Democracy songs 

On 12/21/2018 at 12:56 PM, Azifwekare said:

That chick needs to know her place and start waving that towel. And anyone who disagrees needs to get the hell offa my lawn!

And the worst thing about the band is her MyFace and SpaceBook pages, because everyone knows that social media is more important than the music!

Why does Guns even need a keyboard player anyway? Appetite and UYI never had any synths!

Really? You never heard the synth in Paradise City?