49 People Killed in New Zealand Mass Shooting

Ace Nova

Just now, SoulMonster said:

Princess Di not dead? I never took you for a conspiracy nutter. Alright.

I wasn't discussing Princess Diana. I was merely using her as an analogy as someone similarly in possession of the common touch. The Prime Minister of New Zealand was the subject of my post, but you know this already and are simply trying to trigger an argument.

I cannot believe this! Another hate crime towards a group of innocent people.

How does one get to feel such hatred for people you don't personally know?

It just saddens me to no end that in our society this continues to happen.

I was taught tolerance of all people and I teach my daughter the same thing. why is it so hard for people to just stop hating blindly and maybe just try to understand that people are different and we can still try to be tolerant of each other?

Just too sad. Yet again.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, soon said:

How and why do hateful and dangerous narratives, which lead to senseless violence against targeted communities, come into being?

look outside your window, when it's getting dark. see those cats on the streets? see how they intimidate each other, and sometimes fight? at the side of the street, there is a female cat watching it all happen. She'll walk away with the winner.

or go the african rainforest, and see chimpansee kill each other.

why is that?

it's nature. territorial behaviour. no matter what we do or achieve, we're still animals. there will always be assholes and people with no class, who don't care about rules. nature has provided animals with violent tendencies. it's all chemical processes in the brain, supposedly to ensure the survival of the fittest.

it's a jungle out there. it will always be.

8 minutes ago, action said:

look outside your window, when it's getting dark. see those cats on the streets? see how they intimidate each other, and sometimes fight? at the side of the street, there is a female cat watching it all happen. She'll walk away with the winner.

or go the african rainforest, and see chimpansee kill each other.

why is that?

it's nature. territorial behaviour. no matter what we do or achieve, we're still animals. there will always be assholes and people with no class, who don't care about rules. nature has provided animals with violent tendencies. it's all chemical processes in the brain, supposedly to ensure the survival of the fittest.

it's a jungle out there. it will always be.

Im not sure exactly how to address your point, which is posted in reference to the vid, but doesnt seem to speak to the points made in the vid. But I think its important to first and foremost highlight that the central argument being made is premised on a synthesis of material realities and pressures. The more doggedly egotistical, divisive and power hungry among us would certainly be factors in the synthesis. 

• 1 year later...
38 minutes ago, soon said:

The racist, incel, murderer has been sentenced to life without chance of parole.

Good job New Zealand.   What a tragedy.  Hopefully the victims' families will find solace in knowing that the killer won't hurt other families.  I don't think it's easy for families to move on but if it takes forgiveness (or at least to let go of the anger) I would try to go that route....but it wouldn't be easy.  :( 

Edited by Ace Nova
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, action said:

the left generally stands for lighter punishment, as opposed to the right

Come on man.  Really?  You think "the left" are all about mass murders walking free?  

I don't think you're a dumb guy so there has to be another reason why you post such nonsense.