What's your unpopular GN'R opinion?

my unpopular opinion is that nugnr had more sense than the reunion bc the meaning behind axl going alone and the epica in chinese album, but also i love the reunion so 

also get me very unconfortable all the hyped about the band being junkis back in the days and i feel axl was fighting against all that and fighting a mental health problems in a time with no mental health solution in society 

Edited by darkside259

Well, some of their most important hits are ballads, sure... but (for me) when I hear them cover Wichita Lineman I think it's just as stupid and out of place as if like Paul McCartney sang a Cannibal Corpse song. Yes 🤣 mainly because i believe it contributes heavily to this - old people hangout nostalgia act - kind of atmosphere, which sucks... I know Axl nails Wichita Lineman, but for me, they could've tried Its All right by Sabbath if they wanted do something like that, loved how it sounded in Live Era, and it would be just as easy for him to do. (I'm obviously exaggerating with the example, It's just that I hate it) 

On 7/20/2020 at 5:03 AM, 中国民主 said:

I would have preferred a "Chinese Democracy 2" over the reunion. And I hate whenever Slash plays anything off of CD, he didn't even bother to learn the songs even half correctly (for example the intro of "Better", wtf!).

I'd love to see a vote on this forum, between CD2 coming out in 2016 or the reunion. I'd take CD2 easily. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DoMw94 said:

- I like Frank

- The current live version of Chinese Democracy is my favourite incarnation of the song

- I can't stand it when people insist on calling Street of Dreams 'The Blues' when it hasn't been called that for at least 14 years

*Cough* Absurd *cough*

• Confused 2

One in a Million would’ve been a brilliant song without the brainless slurs. I’m not woke by any means, and whether you believe the wordy Axl explanations (ax-planations 🫣) or not, the use of pejoratives stopped this really cool song from ever being appreciated by the mainstream. It’ll never be played live, or played on the radio, or be included in playlists… Because Axl wanted to make a point. 

Before anyone says ‘oh art is meant to challenge people’, grow up, it’s pop music at the end of the day. His edgelord silliness did NOT pay off. 

• Like 4