2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

1 minute ago, ZoSoRose said:

Weird that Bucket is on Hard School and Riad but nothing else

I think an argument can be made that this album should have been released before Buckethead even joined.

Sure you might not get TWAT solo, but most of this is just as good if not better prior to Buckethead joining the band.

Alot of it is really great. Hope Axl realizes it never should have been re-recorded in hindsight.

Finally got a time to listen to all the songs and take this all in. It'll take time to find and understand all the diferent parts and nuances in the songs, but here goes nothing

- 1999 version of Prostitute (version 2 / 3) - I felt that the white noises in the end moved this song a little bit closer to NIN. I Loved it, 

Better quality 1999 version of Catcher In The Rye - It's good to finally hear Brian May parts in HQ. It was the best solo on all those songs. 

Alt version of 1999 I.R.S. - That intro is PURE GOLD. Axl should have kept that

1999 version of Chinese Democracy with Josh on drums - Is that the best bass ever on a GN'R song or what? Amazing, fantastic, rocks harder than the released one. 

Better quality 1999 version of There Was A Time - It's like playing GTA 3 with an HD Mod. Nothing special, but now in HD. Good.

1999 version of Street Of Dreams (The Blues version) with Josh on drums - Josh's the best GN'R drummer EVER. If this had Buckethead's solo, would be the best version forever. 

Better quality version of Hard School (aka Jackie Chan and Checkmate) - KICKS ASS. The solo in the beggining is what surprises me the most.

1999 version of Going Down - To be honest? didn't like it that much. IT'S Good to have it, at least. 

1999 version of Riad N' The Bedouins with Josh on drums - Solo sounds like ASS, but those "heavy metal" guitars after it are FANTASTIC. Axl should have kept that²

1999 version of Chinese Democrary. [Leaked as Chinese Stew]  - DAT BASS² and those noises at the end are amazing.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

25 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I think this is awesome but I'm going to go against the grain here and say I can see why the label didnt think these were ready. Despite some over production (mainly some of the vocal effects), the final version is a better product imo.

Yeah the final product sounds more like “Guns N’ Roses,” whereas these versions would’ve made a pretty solid Axl solo album imo.

I fucking love what I've heard. There was one person who said it sounded exactly the same as the 2008 release, uh... no. Maybe it does to casual listeners, but for the true lovers of CD, it's a big change.

I've listened to every version so far, and I'm very happy with those "new" takes, with a very clean sound.

I have to say, even though I've listened to Prostitute for god knows how many times, I do wonder if Axl's vocals are different on "version 3" on some parts. Maybe it's the mix that tricks my perception. It might be the same vocals.

However, the instrumental has huge differences all over those mixes. Street of dreams/The Blues sounds soooooo great like this. Very similar to the leak we got last year or two years ago, but finally a very clear sound. The ending part is just better that way.

Chinese Democracy sounds better with Josh Freese, the drums are perfect, the sound... Amazing.

Catcher, which is one of my fav CD songs, sounds so much nicer as well with Brian May, I can't help but wonder why Bumblefoot was asked to replace his parts. It just works better this way. It's not just May, it's the mix, Axl's vocals in the background, some differences, it's much more coherent.

IRS is marvelous. I don't have much love for Riad, but I have to say it sounds a lot better here.

TWAT, I have to say I prefer the 2008 version. Buckethead has to be on there, period.

This version of Going Down also works better.

I could go on an on, but overall, I prefer those versions, except TWAT.

I just have zero clue what happened, it goes beyond my comprehension. From what I understand, all of those songs were ready to go in 2000?? And it's not even "properly mixed"? How come the mix sounds better than the 2008 mix by far? Who the fuck mixed the 2008 product, I can't remember. What the fuck happened. Why the 8 years delay?

Somebody should really do a recap of everything that went down during the making of CD and explain it clearly, with details. So much time as gone by, I forgot a lot of stuff, and I'm just confused about the whole situation in 2019. Also, any hints as to how this leaks now? Why? Where? WHAT YEAR

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Popcorn crew said:

Don't get me wrong. But for me it is too much excitement for some CD leftovers that didn't even get on Album. Plus it was Axl and hired hands work. Personally don't want to see Slash is working on this stuff. I want new music with 3,4,5/5 members and I am willing to buy even bad album with new songs that this. 

So if they released a new album and it was bad, you’d prefer it just because you know Slash is on it?

• Like 1

These versions are a lot better than the final product. Hardschool vs Scraped... Easy win to Hardschool

Tommy's bass on Chinese kicks some serious ass and RIAD sound's better than ever.

All those chances record label (or AXL) made were unnecessary (except for Bucket in TWAT) 

This thing should have been released in 1999 

2 minutes ago, lightBLASTER said:

Also, Axl sticking with the same vocal tracks for nearly 10 years is just hilarious. Almost everything else gets changed/re-recorded yet his vocals are the same all the way through. :lol: Can’t make this shit up.

"They call me one-take Axl!"

"Yeah, but your takes all sucked"

"YOU'RE FIRED - WHERE'S MY AUTOTUNE?"

5 hours ago, RussTCB said:

It's 4:27am where I am and the first thing I'm going to do is apologize to @cpaxlvacy and @Pskihq92. I went to bed VERY cynical last night and was telling how fake Prostitute was. 

Needless to say I just woke up and found out a ton of stuff leaked and it's VERY real :)

No need to apologize my friend but thanks! I hope you enjoy the leaks. This is the way the album was meant to be. It's sooo good :)

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, lightBLASTER said:

Also, Axl sticking with the same vocal tracks for nearly 10 years is just hilarious. Almost everything else gets changed/re-recorded yet his vocals are the same all the way through. :lol: Can’t make this shit up.

This is something I feel doesn’t get discussed enough. I can’t believe the final vocal on Madagascar was never re-recorded. The first verse sounds like he’s still trying to figure out how he wants to sing it, rhythm-wise. And his overall voice sounds like he’s still just warming up. Also missing the “oh, oh oh oh” before the sample-medley.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1