2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

WOW this sounds so much better, prostitute still sounds like the final 2008 cut in terms of vocals, with less layering and pitch correction. just all around alot better imo. so much less bloat.

EDIT:

FUCK ME theres another mix thats even cleaner

Edited by Cory Trevor

Yep, these mixes are INCREDIBLE!! especially IRS and Catcher.

Can someone summarise the story here though.

Is there more to come?

Has someone been leaking these all night? 

Or did they qll leak together?

Thanks!! And what an awesome suprise!!

• Like 1

It all sound so fucking awesome!
Axl, or label, or ezrin or whoever decison it was to fucking up with these tracks until 2008. 
Why? It all sound so much better,a lot more power , warmer sound, rawer vocal sounds much better too

I will never listen to album again, after these leaks

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sl4yer said:

Axl, or label, or ezrin or whoever decison it was to fucking up with these tracks until 2008. 
Why? It all sound so much better,a lot more power , warmer sound, rawer vocal sounds much better too

This. 100%

• Like 1

So for as far as I've seen there's: 

Going Down (Ver. 1) 

Catcher

chinesejosh

Rhiadjosh

Jackie Chan

IRS [Version 2]

Prostitute [Version 2]

Prostitute [Version 3]

The Blues

T.W.A.T

Is that it? Or are there more out there? 

Another question, as I can't listen to them now - is Brian May on any of these versions? 

Edited by username
  • Like 1

Bob Ezrin - Talking about a meeting with Axl in October 2000

"...when he sat down, he started saying to me that he has finished the record. And I said “Axl, we are not ready to mix this record. This record isn’t ready to be mixed”.

I said “there are two great songs on it and I know that you’re capable of more, that’s the reason why I’m here. You’re such a great talent and I would do you a disservice if I didn’t tell you the truth, which is that most of the songs aren’t great. But I‘m very happy to help you get there and I believe that it’s possible, if you would like to continue to work on the record, to make it better”.

He said “I don’t agree with that. We are ready to mix”. And I told him “you have my number, if you change your mind let me know..."

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, The Holographic Universe said:

This place is a cesspool vacuum. There is almost zero difference between these ‘99 leaks and the album release. And, people here are praising some negligible difference with extreme hyperbole.   

I really think, some of us (me included) analysed every part of every live song pre 2008 with the imagination "Man, what would a studio-version sound like...". And then the studio-versions came and about some songs, you couldn't help but feel a little bit underwhelmed. Prime examples for me would be Street Of Dreams and Catcher. The Blues was probably my favourite song but I simply can't stand the studio-version because of the mix and Ron (to be exact: I adore Rons contributions, for example I'm one of the few people who think his Rhiad-Solo is just perfect for the song, much better than before, I just can't stand his guitar tone on The Blues and Catcher, did he use his Line6 amps-still?). Now we have a high quality version with the synths high in the mix, perfect! Or Catcher, Robins (?) rhythm-guitar in the outro is so much more audible due to Brian starting his outro-solo later than Bumble. Perfect aswell! I think someone mentioned, it was "cathartic", to listen to Catcher, that was my feeling aswell.

Two additional things I noticed: Catcher isn't the same as the 2006 leak because a guitar overdub in the intro is missing there (which I almost always assumed was Bumble since it was first heard in the studio-version). And I'm still waiting, from which songs Axl performed parts in his 2002 Piano-Solos. For example, there are two parts here after the Asshole song, which aren't part of any song, right? Atleast the second part after Asshole sure sounds like a songpart, just like the Prostitute-excerpt.

Edited by Lipfel
  • Like 2

This is an amazing time for all of the Guns N' Roses fans, I'm so hyped to get to be able to hear some of the tracks we have been discussing and wishing on for a long time. These songs really do sound amazing and I'm convinced Chinese Democracy would of been an incredible album had it come out in the early 2000's as intended. Hopefully the other content will also leak and we can begin to put together alternate versions of the album :)

Edited by Affirmation

3 minutes ago, sl4yer said:

I think that it`s up to Axl to show us tracks in 2008. He tried to find a "Perfect" mix for each song. And it killed CD. That`s why it`s a soap songs in 2008. Songs can`t be and mustn`t be perfect. They must be alive and powerful. Axl fucked up right in that moment.

• Like 2

Don't get me wrong. But for me it is too much excitement for some CD leftovers that didn't even get on Album. Plus it was Axl and hired hands work. Personally don't want to see Slash is working on this stuff. I want new music with 3,4,5/5 members and I am willing to buy even bad album with new songs that this. 

1 hour ago, The Holographic Universe said:

This place is a cesspool vacuum. There is almost zero difference between these ‘99 leaks and the album release. And, people here are praising some negligible difference with extreme hyperbole.   

fuck man im in the audio business and this is worlds different. its like christmas. to each their own.

CD in particular, fuck its SO much better sounding. its the little things that make a big sounding album imo

Edited by Cory Trevor
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, username said:

Does anybody have an overview of what has leaked so far? I'm up to speed with Hard School, the Atlas phone recording and the 1-minute clip of samples. But everything after that is a blur. 

The list in your previous post plus another version (different drums, I think) of CD the song.

19 minutes ago, Requiem16 said:

I think that it`s up to Axl to show us tracks in 2008. He tried to find a "Perfect" mix for each song. And it killed CD. That`s why it`s a soap songs in 2008. Songs can`t be and mustn`t be perfect. They must be alive and powerful. Axl fucked up right in that moment.

Well the main problem was to have everyone on the mix...you cant have 2 drummers and 5 guitar players on the same song

9 minutes ago, betterman said:

Is the backing vox on Goin Down Tommy or Robin or Richard?? 

Sounds like Tommy doing all the vocals.

7 minutes ago, sl4yer said:

It sounds motherfucking powerful. Album version doesn’t have the punch at all.

It has the heavy distorted guitars but there's no dynamics to it.

The song suffered when they changed the drums and put Ron's fretless parts on it.

• Like 1

After hearing the ChiDem multitracks years ago and after messing around with them on Audacity I can't, for the life of me, understand why they decided to bury the bass in the mix on the final album version. Tommy was THE right replacement for Duff. Tommy sounds so great on these versions.

Edited by jekylhyde
  • Like 4